Oct 14 2012
By: Ginta2468 Treasure Hunter 6400 posts

Rage messages while playing XD

10 replies 281 views Edited Oct 14, 2012

It couldn't happen in the beta, but I think there will be much rage coming from this game, since I got a lot of ragequitters in the beta. This thread is mostly for people who have played fighting games before, and we all know people who are buying this game, that maybe almost half of them really don't play fighting games. I don't know where I am going with this, but I know I am on to something! On a serious note, which character do you think will make you recieve the most rage messages while playing, I think most likely Radec or Raiden.

Message 1 of 11 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Rage messages while playing XD

Oct 14, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

It couldn't happen in the beta, but I think there will be much rage coming from this game, since I got a lot of ragequitters in the beta. This thread is mostly for people who have played fighting games before, and we all know people who are buying this game, that maybe almost half of them really don't play fighting games. I don't know where I am going with this, but I know I am on to something! On a serious note, which character do you think will make you recieve the most rage messages while playing, I think most likely Radec or Raiden.

you mean rage quitting? I have literally rage quit in the beta because there was three radecs and me as the sole parappa, so about a minute in called it done. I rarely rage quit

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 2 of 11 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Everbody has rage quit in a fighting game before I know I use to when i was losing to a really skilled player in mortal kombat 2 online but to answer your question I have no idea. Which characters spams alot?
Message 3 of 11 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Actually, I did have a rather rich experience once during the beta. XD  There was this younger kid with a headset playing; I don't remember all of the characters, but I think he was Kratos.  Throughout most of the match he was just spouting off things like "Stop killing me!!!  Guys!!"  Sadly, the match disconnected, but I had a good laugh.

Message 4 of 11 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

I just hope that people who rage quit will be replaced by an experienced CPU that can give you a fight. You wouldn't even notice if the player left. This could help out if your partner in co-op goes awall or something.

Message 5 of 11 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Oct 14, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

I just hope that people who rage quit will be replaced by an experienced CPU that can give you a fight. You wouldn't even notice if the player left. This could help out if your partner in co-op goes awall or something.

people said brawl implemented this online, never had a single online match so can't prove it. It would make things easier. except when the host quits which is just how online is I guess

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 6 of 11 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

Oh, and to answer the topic question, I actually think Evil Cole will cause more ragequits, provided they don't dial him back before release.  I remember seeing some gameplay/interviews about Evil Cole (on IGN I think) and he was said to be able to "wreak havoc on everyone."  I believe even Omar or Seth himself said they still needed to nerf him a bit, so he's likely going to be a bit OP.

Also, I might as well share a ragequitting experience of my own.  It was in SSBB when it first came out.  I thought I had already mastered Mario, but I was playing has him in an online match with a Zelda that I just could not win against (yes-- Zelda).  Eventually I got so frustrated that I literally just jumped off the stage repeatedly in frustration... and the person would STILL kill me with Zelda's Side-special!  Rage-inducing indeed.

Message 7 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I usually don't rage much but I remember when I was first starting out on MvC3 and I thought I could win a few matches but then I couldn't even touch a Deadpool team who just zoned me the whole time. That was probably the only time I almost ragequitted.
Message 8 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

Rage messages and quits are hilarious Smiley Very Happy

Ive had a few rage quits... but ive taken my fair share of beatings from people online too. Smiley Surprised

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 9 of 11 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 14, 2012
There was one game my cousin got me to play for a bit and that was naruto generations, and he is a huge naruto fan. After pratically losing almost every match against him, I went online with the one character I won with (who was a zoner) and... I never seen so many rage messages in and hour in my life.
Message 10 of 11 (162 Views)
0 Likes