Jan 10 2013
By: Blzzrd Fender Bender 3946 posts
Accepted Solution

Radec

16 replies 278 views Edited Jan 10, 2013
I used to use Sir Dan but his specials are too bad, and it becomes too difficult to get the job done. I used to main Snake in SSBB and was quite good with him so I thought Radec would be in easier transition. Now, I'm alright with Radec, but I wanted to ask any Radecs here for any good advice on using him
Message 1 of 17 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Re: Radec

Jan 10, 2013
you want to get in the battle ball with him
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 2 of 17 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Jan 10, 2013
What is the battle ball?
Message 3 of 17 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Jan 10, 2013
where all the fighting is
it's the place where you'll find the Raidens and Kratoses of the world
Message 4 of 17 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Jan 10, 2013
How do I get in?
Message 5 of 17 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Jan 10, 2013
just go head first into the many chains and sword slashes, you're sure to find success there
Message 6 of 17 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Right.
Message 7 of 17 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
31 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Well Radec is one of my main characters and one of my favorites so let's see.  First of all pray you get a good stage.  If you get Stowaways or any other stage with cramped quarters or bad angles, you are in for a rough time.  Since it Radec needs different tactics depending on who he is fighting I'll give some general thoughts

-All of your supers are good.  Have a plan of what level you want to shoot for but don't be afraid to downgrade if you are having trouble making it there(for level 3 and maybe 2).  Keep in mind his 2 goes through walls as well.  Very useful on the lower part of Black Rock Stadium, and I assume it works on Dreamscape as well.  So if your opponents are way on the other side of the seperator then surprise them with the level 2.  

-Always try to tag someone with the grenade(Neutral O) though it can be blocked even after stuck to people(which is retarded).  The delayed interruption can save you if you start to get combo'd.

-I love his neutral triangle a lot, but lately people seem to be able to get out of it after a couple shots, but don't be afraid to hold that down for a few volleys.  His Sniper is obviously great and should be used at long range.

-While I think his Flamethrower is just a tad underwhelming it can be a great mix-up tool to keep your foes guessing.  Also it has some weird properties where it will interrupt other moves sometimes.

-For the air, I prefer the arc shock(up+O) over the Shotgun.  The shotgun is quick and powerful but the range is shorter, where the arc shock gives you a bit of a buffer zone.  As much as I want to love his Side+O, the electric grenades, they have a weird angle they go at making them difficult to land.  Still, doesn't hurt to throw them out just to keep people off guard and guessing.

-I use to be a lot higher on his down+triangle the bouncy grenade, but it's predictive pattern and lack of on contact explosion makes it seem a bit more situational.  Still, again, doesn't hurt to throw one out along with everything else.  The idea is to flood every different section in front of you so that the enemy will have to get hit by something.

-If people get in close to you the surprise grenade can be useful(just make sure you know which way he'll dodge, that's gotten me in trouble before) and his side square is a great knockback tool.  For his throws, his forward throw is easily the coolest and has great knockback on it, but it's also the longest.  So feel free to substitutie for the up or down grab instead of you feel pressured.

All in all, keep people away, mix your moves up(please don't sniper spam), and don't be afraid to use any of his supers.  Learn the stage you are on and how and where all your grenades and such will land on different sections.  Hope that helps Smiley Happy

www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Rudrose.png[/img]">
Message 8 of 17 (236 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Jan 10, 2013

for one you wanna keep your distance. its good to use forward and up circle then use can proceed to use neutral triangle, forward triangle. you want to use the neutral circle too so if the sticky bomb goes off you can blast the enemy further back. Radec just loves that distance but he you get into a up close fight you want to use his grabs like up grab then up triangle right after. or down grab then create distance with Radec's down square grenade drops. use the level one and make sure you lock on to someone fire when red. the level  will go through the stage so make sure that people will be caught in the beam.

#ClownTroops
Message 9 of 17 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Rudrose wrote:

Well Radec is one of my main characters and one of my favorites so let's see.  First of all pray you get a good stage.  If you get Stowaways or any other stage with cramped quarters or bad angles, you are in for a rough time.  Since it Radec needs different tactics depending on who he is fighting I'll give some general thoughts

-All of your supers are good.  Have a plan of what level you want to shoot for but don't be afraid to downgrade if you are having trouble making it there(for level 3 and maybe 2).  Keep in mind his 2 goes through walls as well.  Very useful on the lower part of Black Rock Stadium, and I assume it works on Dreamscape as well.  So if your opponents are way on the other side of the seperator then surprise them with the level 2.  

-Always try to tag someone with the grenade(Neutral O) though it can be blocked even after stuck to people(which is retarded).  The delayed interruption can save you if you start to get combo'd.

-I love his neutral triangle a lot, but lately people seem to be able to get out of it after a couple shots, but don't be afraid to hold that down for a few volleys.  His Sniper is obviously great and should be used at long range.

-While I think his Flamethrower is just a tad underwhelming it can be a great mix-up tool to keep your foes guessing.  Also it has some weird properties where it will interrupt other moves sometimes.

-For the air, I prefer the arc shock(up+O) over the Shotgun.  The shotgun is quick and powerful but the range is shorter, where the arc shock gives you a bit of a buffer zone.  As much as I want to love his Side+O, the electric grenades, they have a weird angle they go at making them difficult to land.  Still, doesn't hurt to throw them out just to keep people off guard and guessing.

-I use to be a lot higher on his down+triangle the bouncy grenade, but it's predictive pattern and lack of on contact explosion makes it seem a bit more situational.  Still, again, doesn't hurt to throw one out along with everything else.  The idea is to flood every different section in front of you so that the enemy will have to get hit by something.

-If people get in close to you the surprise grenade can be useful(just make sure you know which way he'll dodge, that's gotten me in trouble before) and his side square is a great knockback tool.  For his throws, his forward throw is easily the coolest and has great knockback on it, but it's also the longest.  So feel free to substitutie for the up or down grab instead of you feel pressured.

All in all, keep people away, mix your moves up(please don't sniper spam), and don't be afraid to use any of his supers.  Learn the stage you are on and how and where all your grenades and such will land on different sections.  Hope that helps Smiley Happy

This guy basically got everything in a nutshell, go with what he said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 10 of 17 (228 Views)
0 Likes