I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Re: Radec

Jan 10, 2013
Try and manipulate the battle field as Radec ( assuming its a FFA) this guy is beast from mid to far range so try to keep distance not too much, just some. Couple more useful Radec tips:

His up throw is pretty awesome and he can begin to combo from that. Example, up throw+ jump+ square+ square+ jump+ up triangle shotgun.

As for his sniper, I use it to either bring an enemy toward me if I have enough space or you can use it to string together combos. Neutral O, forward square, forward triangle. Try to time it and use it while you jump to avoid the startup time on it.

his flamethrower actually isnt bad at all. While it is slow it actuall does a good job of stunning enemies like Raiden who just constantly try and dash into you. Hold it for 30 ap, not too bad.

Lately I've been working on his down throw with his down square grenades followed usually by a lvl 1 super. Its a little ballsy, but Defibetly looks awesome if you guess what direction your enemy is getting up in.
Message 11 of 17 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
574 posts

Jan 10, 2013

i rode "manipulate the battle field", and stop reading XD you ppl are funny sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main: Toro
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly

English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.

Show your support for Gex as DLC!

Message 12 of 17 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 10, 2013
His side+O can be pretty handy if you're sniping and someone is heading your way. Time it right, and they've gotta choose between getting hit by the sniper, trapped by the grenade, or giving up.
Message 13 of 17 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

I main Radec so this thread could probably help me out as well. Does anyone know of a use for Radec's flamethrower (Down O)? Of everything in his moveset that might be the least striking to me, but I don't know everything. It was mentioned that it can disrupt things in an odd way, anyone got examples?

"ULAKSKEEL"
Message 14 of 17 (78 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Yeah, his flamethrower I usually neglected to use until recently. If you start it in the air and land with it, it could catch someone off guard. And if you catch your enemy in the air you can do a quick hop and forward square.

As for manipulating, That's why I suggest trying to keep some distance on the bigger maps, doesn't always work with good players but with accurate timing and predicting you can easily score 2 kills off his lvl 1.
Message 15 of 17 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Oh, shooting Radec's Down+Triangle into an incline knocks it upward, so you can use it to set up a combo or kill a little easier, but it's still fairly situational.

"ULAKSKEEL"
Message 16 of 17 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Flamer is great to interrupt combos in small areas. The beginning of Stowaways comes to mind as a good place for it.
Message 17 of 17 (60 Views)
0 Likes