First Son
18 posts

Re: Radec needs a nerf, but NOT Because he's OP.

Oct 27, 2012

I think Radec is perfectly fine, he only seems powerful in the beta is because the beta's stages are very horizontally based with level platforms and with both stages being perfectly flat at one point, which is his specialty. I guarantee if Superbot shoved in Sandover Village in the beta, no one would nag at Radec.

Message 21 of 28 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Something to definitely consider is the fact that this is just Radec in a very limited pool of characters. He is only "top tier" within the 6 available, but throw in the other 14+ when the game releases, and it's all up in the air.

If I were to make ANY changes to the sniper though, it would only be one of three:

1. Less AP. Maybe -10 or something.
2. Less knockback. As it stands, i think it's one of the highest if not THE highest knockback in the game.
3. Slower rate of fire. Basically, just make it take, like, .5 seconds longer to pull off the move. It already has a bit of a delay to it. Making it longer would encourage people to spam it less, because it'd leave them open for too long.

Message 22 of 28 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

I'm fine with Radec because he is from a shooter game after all and doesn't have a lot a melee attacks. I think the reason for all the hate on Radec is because of how players chose to use him and they all do the same thing, so it's kind of predictable. I can't say that all Radec players spam the sniper because I have come across players who use Radec like they would with Parappa or Sweet Tooth. So don't blame the game, blame the people who've set a bad reputation for Radec player everywhere. I don't use Radec by the way.

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 23 of 28 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 27, 2012

The things you people complain about are retarded...  You think he needs a nerf lmao listen you just dont know how to play him.  My brother plays him and he destroys people in ffa's  Your not using your head when you play him you need to use all of his moves at the right time and most importantly... LEARN TO BLOCK AND EVADE

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 24 of 28 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1369 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Agreed, just his Sniper move needs to be changed for now. Although i've learnt to deal with spammable Radec players, by timing my jumps over their shots, and engage them in CQC the whole match. It's the mentality of the players that annoys me "hehehe run to 1 side of the stage *SPAM SPAM SPAM* Players come over to me* Run to other side of stage *SPAM SPAM SPAM*

30AP per shot, is just a bit much personally. No less than 20AP, it shoud be 20 or 25AP. Although the knockback is annoying, once you get hit, your outta line of sight, and just need to time your jumps and dodge and try to make your way over to him. Another reason why i want on the spot, side dodging is to counter/evade Radec's Sniper 

!Rafe is Bae!
Message 25 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Is this really a nerf? Having Radic just laying low on the radar sniping? Thats goona take a lot of attention away from Radic for easier Specials.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicxxspadezxx
Message 26 of 28 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

The problem isn't that Radec is too good, it's that one single move he has overcentralizes the match. You either focus on keeping Radec in line, or you worry about having a combo interrupted at any time and getting hurled across the map by a sniper shot. In a sense, this makes Radec not as good, because it brings a lot of unwanted attention; I'm sure I'm not the only Radec player who's suddenly found himself in a 3vs1 for sniping somebody.

Again, I think reducing the priority (or whatever needs to be done to fix it) so that it doesn't interrupt most melee attacks would help a lot, and reduced knockback overall. And a small reduction in AP (like 5-10, maybe more if it proves too easy to Super) to compensate for what will likely be easier sniping overall. It's still a threat and a useful tool for Radec, but it doesn't make the match all about how you handle Radec. He becomes just another All-Star with a lot of ranged options.

Message 27 of 28 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Oct 27, 2012
I like the sujjestion of no knock back as well as -10ap but i think keep the knock back but have him have to reload his sniper befor useing it again ex

Radec shoots his sniper (i think with Triangle forward)
Then after shooting radec can move around and attack as normal but in order to use the sniper again he would have to find the safty and time to press triangle forward again to relad
Go to
http://www.groubal.com/twisted-metal-dlc-from-eat-sleep-play-and-sony/
SIGN IT FOR TWISTED METAL DLC

also go to WWW.TWISTEDCLANS.TK
Message 28 of 28 (71 Views)
0 Likes