Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: Radec Needs a Buff

Feb 4, 2013

KMart0002 wrote:
@DarkErazor
If you look at these comments, some of these people are big Radec mains, especially Fat_Slapper and even HE agrees that he needs some fixing. He doesn't need too much because I could work greatly off of what Superbot would change with him. We need to get Superbot's attention on this. His existing moves should have more properties for them, or even replace a move (I was thinking up circle as well). I don't like making a buff thread, really. It's weak. But I've had enough with it. As Fromundaman said, you find the exploits and counter them, Radec just becomes terrible. Ask Fat_Slapper, I try all kinds of tactics but the only way they would work is against another Radec, I've tried against other characters and they don't work cause Radec doesn't have flexibility. And yesterday I was in the heat of the moment, that's why I made this, but I still do believe he needs tweaks.

Your video thread looked kinda like a breakthrough for Radec that's why I asked. The fact that you beat some truely skilled players seemed to relieve Radec from his bottom tier position. That he's still easy to beat when players learn to adapt to his limited strategies didn't occur to me at first. I don't question any of your statements or from the players mentioned above.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 31 of 75 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Alright cool, and I know, the forum kind of explodes when I uploaded those videos haha. But like Fromundaman said, he's extremely limited and I think he's rather clunky. If Superbot buffed him even slightly, I bet I'd have a better chance against tournament players. Or, I'd at least like to know what Superbot thinks of his moveset in a professional match. Do they think he could win against any other characters? I've faced high level players and trust me, every match is a chore, while for them it's a walk in the park. Shouldn't it be equally matched? And I mean in terms if character vs character, not player vs player because of course skill is involved, and one can simply outsmart the other.
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 32 of 75 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Feb 4, 2013

amen brother.

If anything, they should buff his Square attacks because you can't really cobmo for crap with them. Heck im bummed out that he has DOWN attack from the air like raiden, dante kratos rachet ect. just drops a silly grenade. also if you miss that forward square, you're super vulnerable.

But overall, he isn't much of a 1vs1 character but is actually well when it comes to 2vs2, even when you come across decent players in random matches though thats just through my experience. Though me and my partner that mains sir daniel always get a laugh with a level 1 set up we have with each other. Who knew that Rivalry that Radec and Sir Daniel had would actually make a great team XD

Message 33 of 75 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Feb 4, 2013
His square attacks are decent. Neutral square can be used to set up his grab (works every time if you're in range of his grab), forward square is best for keeping people off you and also KC for level 2, down square is a KC and can setup more attacks, and up square is a DECENT anti-air. In terms of square attacks, I think his neutral square should have a third input for a roundhouse knife attack that knocks them back like Sly's electric roll. His forward square should be two button presses, maybe even make the first knife hit have a crumple effect, but not enough time to hit a KC, or maybe make a follow-up surprise grenade into KC so he would have a practical KC like most of the other fighters. His down square, I do like to use it, idk if it would need any changes, maybe a bigger hit radius idk. Maybe make it act like a dodge, since the AP gain isn't too great, it wouldn't be a good move to spam. Up square, like Fat_Slapper and others have said, should act like an uppercut so it can be viable on the ground and make it easier to combo into up triangle.
Message 34 of 75 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Feb 4, 2013

KMart0002 wrote:
His square attacks are decent. Neutral square can be used to set up his grab (works every time if you're in range of his grab), forward square is best for keeping people off you and also KC for level 2, down square is a KC and can setup more attacks, and up square is a DECENT anti-air. In terms of square attacks, I think his neutral square should have a third input for a roundhouse knife attack that knocks them back like Sly's electric roll. His forward square should be two button presses, maybe even make the first knife hit have a crumple effect, but not enough time to hit a KC, or maybe make a follow-up surprise grenade into KC so he would have a practical KC like most of the other fighters. His down square, I do like to use it, idk if it would need any changes, maybe a bigger hit radius idk. Maybe make it act like a dodge, since the AP gain isn't too great, it wouldn't be a good move to spam. Up square, like Fat_Slapper and others have said, should act like an uppercut so it can be viable on the ground and make it easier to combo into up triangle.

Unless it's an Evil Cole tier crumple, Radec probably won't be able to confirm it. I think his level 1 may have a bit too much startup to confirm off of a lot.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 35 of 75 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Feb 4, 2013
No not off the crumple, if you follow up with the surprise grenade then you can KC, that's the idea lol. They should make the surprise grenade hit on contact if it falls on an enemy. So in theory, use the crumple (not enough to KC), drop a surprise grenade, then KC
Message 36 of 75 (86 Views)
Wastelander
827 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

doesn't sweet tooth's shotgun have more range than radec's shotgun? I find that seriously stupid especially since twisted metal was all about car mayhem. They need to buff radecs shotgun range up to sweet tooths range at least.

I'd replace Radec's down triangle for a claymore i can plant anywhere and use Smiley Very Happy Would defiantly suit his camping/zoning style. Actually i really like that idea simply because of a good chunk of charachters able to plant stuff on the ground to keep people off or even kill confirm off of it.

Sweet tooth/Ecole/Spike/Sly Cooper/ Ratchet/ and sackboy all have tools to plant on the ground.

If you get hit by teh claymore in frontal area the character gets blown across the map. If you get hit by claymore from behind you get half AP but stuns the character.  

Message 37 of 75 (80 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Feb 4, 2013
See? There's so many fun possibilities with Radec haha there's also a lot of tech potential as well
Message 38 of 75 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Should I make a complete list of potential changes for Radec?
Message 39 of 75 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Kmart you should list them on my thread so i can edit it to the list i have Smiley Happy i have some free time and i can give credit to people who gave the idea's.

Message 40 of 75 (60 Views)
0 Likes