Jan 23 2013
By: ToMuchMayo Wastelander 827 posts

RADEC'S buff/rebuild thread (SUPERBOT READ)

[ Edited ]
103 replies 837 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

Radec needs some touch ups and I been thinking about some ways to fix it. My main problem is that a lot of his moves take forever to finish and you can't cancel out or react quickly and some moves just aren't that good. This is just a list of ideas I have, not all of them have to go in ( but it would be nice Smiley Happy)

Sniper - fine the way it is, it reaches out to any map and is good AP gain

3 burst machine gun - radec should be able to cancel out of it. I shouldn't be required to wait for ALL 3 shots to go and wait for his animation to finish. It would be nice if I can shoot once or twice and be able to cancel out an roll or run away if someone gets behind me.

Flame thrower - same with 3 burst rifle, I should be able to cancel out of that as well. Once you use the flamethrower, unless you only tap D+O once you're in that animation you are stuck in it until its over so you pray you hit the person or its pretty much a free confirm kill for them.

Stun grenade throw - Radec stun grenade throw SUCKS, when you think of right+0 you think of a forward straight motion attack... Not a attack that lobs up in the air and stops in a the air at a certain point. Not only that it doesn't hit anyone that goes past it until the grenade explodes in the air. Even though it sucks I do try to use and I do hit people often but it's so awkward to use

option 1 buff - make it so we can charge the stun grenade (3 different levels) each level having a higher radius than the last.

option 2 buff - make the stun grenade be explodable by command, buff in overall radius of stun grenade

Arc rifle - Doesn't need a buff IMO, only thing I can think of is that people can go through it shorty after it is used.

M32 nade shooter ( D+triangle)  I honestly would trade unlimited spamming the nades that don't explode on impact to a 3 nade burst that explodes on impact, .5-1 second delay in between use. Same range as before.

Bold gun (one shot gun with explosive, O button only ) I would love to be able hold a charge with this gun, especially if option 1 for the stun grenade isn't likable. If you get hit by the gun and try to block the explosive when its was fully charged it will break the block and the person will  get knocked to ground.

Next I would change the move set of Up+square, the knife range sucks, I get some hits from time to time but that's because I forget I have that, its completely overshadowed by the shotgun. I trade the knife in for a pistol blaster with a decent radius that shoots straight up.

Obviously the combat knife is part of Radec so we have to use that somewhere. Which is why I would replace the ground move, gun boot move ( square +square) with his combat knife. His move should be a quick firm stab to the chest in a vital area that ends up having in a daze in which he proceeds in kicking him forward a little but resulting the opponent spinning to the ground( THAT'S RIGHT GIVE THE **bleep** MAN A CONFIRM KILL THAT WORKS OR A DECENT COMBO MOVE/STARTER). Lastly his air attack with square square should be a good double slash with his combat knife and kick or shotgun smack.

I'd replace Radec's down triangle for a Claymore  i can plant anywhere and use :smileyvery-happy:Would defiantly suit his camping/zoning style. Actually i really like that idea simply because of a good chunk of charachters able to plant stuff on the ground to keep people off or even kill confirm off of it.

Sweet tooth/Ecole/Spike/Sly Cooper/ Ratchet/ and sackboy all have tools to plant on the ground.

If you get hit by teh claymore in frontal area the character gets blown across the map. If you get hit by claymore from behind you get half AP but stuns the character. 

Have it so when radec goes invisible with down+square it acts as a dodge/roll.

I think that's about it for ideas for now.

Negimafan Suggestion

I think Radec would most benefit from turning his +PlayStationSquare.png into a counter-maneuver, like Sly's. Imagine him turning invisible for a second, and if someone tries to attack him with melee, he suddenly appears behind them to stab them in the back with his knife for 30 AP.

The beauty of this option is that it let's him gain an edge at close-range and it's something Radec would have probably done in Killzone 2.

On another end, I'd love for his flamethrower to set people on fire after maybe 2-3 hits (the thing hits people for a maximum of 6) but that's a discussion for another topic.

So I had an idea: what if the Teslite Grenade was impact sensitive, meaning if someone touched it during its throw-arc, they would set it off faster than usual, but with a smaller blast.

Xarf Suggestion

I feel like they could also split his forward square into 2 button presses. so that would make it --> square, square and make the first hit cancellable into some of his other specials. continuing the --> square, square would still be unsafe on whiff, seeing as how he uses that to hit confirm into his lvl 2, so we wouldnt wanna make it easy for him, just give him more options.

KMart0002

I just came up with another idea that would be cool and represent his character even more (this wasn't in the email though). Maybe he can have the ability to willingly turn invisible. No, not replace his block, it'd be a button press. When you press the button he cloaks (not fully invisible, but you know). But the cloak lasts for only so long, a set time. and if he gets hit, he automatically uncloaks. And when he uncloaks, he has to wait before using it again. Maybe His suit lightly flashes red or something to indicate that he can't use it. Now, this can be a purely defensive tactic, in that when he's hit, it turns off and when he ATTACKS it's turned off. The point is so Radec can position himself better for offense since he's a keepaway character. Or he's still invisible when he attacks, but you would obviously know where he is. OR he reappears JUST for the attack, then goes back invisible until either he is attacked or the cloak wears off. Should I tell Superbot about this?

Oh and what if the grenade explodes on impact only when you use it in the air? Idk if that would still be considered cheap from Superbot (from what they said), but just an idea. Same could go for the grenade launcher, the aerial version explodes on impact at there's a bit of a delay between shots or something

Here's some more potential buffs. Remember, not ALL of these buffs will be implemented, cause if so he may be OP lol but maybe having the ability to turn around during his forward square. If you whiffed the first hit, turn around for the shotgun hit. Another idea, and Raiden is the only character to do this, but if someone is in close range of Radec (this only works if they're close range), and if Radec is facing the other way, pressing BACK square will cause Radec to teleport behind them and stab them/hit them to the ground like Sly's electric roll. Comboing from that attack would be cheap, so make it a simple knockback attack.

Here's another idea, his forward square could come out faster (the knife portion of it), like his up square

Ginta2468

Also, when Radec cloaked in the final fight against him, he always cloaked then appeared behind you. Anyway to implement this in his character, maybe as a close range counter that causes hard knockback (doesn't work on projectiles). I mean he is a keepaway character, give him some options to keep someone off of him instead or just projectiles.

Digidevil4

1. Radecs grenades need to act like drakes, or if the killzone type gameplay needs to be maintained they need more power. (i.e. powerfull knockback, but not spamable).

2. Radecs Bolt gun needs a more powerfull knockback, in the game the bolt gun bolts people to walls (I personally call it the staple gun).

3. Radecs USquare needs to be replaced with something usefull.

IronFist93

the only buff i can think of is a bigger hitbox on his neutral triangle and circle.

its dumb that it can completely miss characters like toro,sly and sackboy due to them being small and the other being able to just stand there and not get hit

shaddai01

1. Since Radec is main choice for shooter gamers, he should be able to aim some weapons like flamethrower or machinegun, even aim sniper would be good if they add soem delay(possible recharge ammo animmation) is added.

2. Some way to defend from attacks coming from below like a shotgun blast or at least a kick.

3. D+Triangle should explode on impact or not to take so long to explode.

4. Machinegun sohuld either push back enemies a little or fire 4 - 5 shots overwhelming ratchet's or jack's guns.

5. Radec was a brutal soldier capable to fight hand to hand, so the should perform a little his physical attacks

Astroking112

I think that:

As I said in the other thread...

--------------------------

^ + Square: Add a slash leading upwards into the knife, that will left smaller light characters up into it ("Heavy" ones, such as Big Daddy, will just take another hit).
> + Square: Change into two hits, like KMart said.
Square: Make it have little of a cooldown, so he can combo it into his other square moves.

^ + Triangle: Increase the range. It's not often that someone is that close right above you.
> + Triangle: Make him have to reload the sniper after firing to counter spammers, then make it aimable.
V + Triangle: Increase the cooldown and make it explode on impact.

Circle: Maybe make it aimable as well.
V + Circle: Increase the range slightly, or give a very slight AP gain.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of that seemed odd to me about Radec's moveset was that he actually had a block, when he was advertised to go invisible. But it's probably better this way...
Anyways, those are just my ideas of how to improve them. I like playing as Radec, but I wouldn't ever dream of using him in 1v1. Hopefully some better close range options would improve that.

Also, I don't think it'd ruin the game if his V + Square didn't set him back a certain distance, and instead gave him a very brief amount of time to actually be invisible and move as he chooses. But, then it'd probably be only used for offense with throws and such.

Message 1 of 104 (837 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: RADEC'S buff/rebuild thread (SUPERBOT READ)

Jan 23, 2013
For a character who is absolutely supposed to have few to no combos, I think Radec is perfect. You just need to get the timing and use of the weapons right. The flamethrower, for instance, is indispensable once you get it down. It's used best when you dodge behind an attacking opponent (toughest thing is turning around after the dodge). It also lasts longer when you use it in the air, so I've found it to be great after you get hit up into the air.

The Teslite grenade is an awesome tool to force a charging opponent to the ground (unless they want to get caught in it), opening them up to your machine gun, sniper, and grenades.

As well, he doesn't need a confirm for his level 1. His sniper, AP gain, and the fact that his super is the only one hay can reach across any map AND track an enemy, makes up for his lack of a confirm.

I'll admit that I never use his up+square. Can't seem to find a place or a time for it.
Message 2 of 104 (824 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Stop **bleep** and learn how to use him better. He was my first main and i found him super easy to kick as with. Only thing i agree with is the flame thrower. And maybe his level 1 should lock on easier.
Message 3 of 104 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 23, 2013
B*tching.
Message 4 of 104 (811 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Their's a lot of characters that don't need confirm kills that have plenty. I think radec should have at least 1 confirm kill that can beu used to surprise opponents. Even thoug he is gun based he is a soldier and soilders are suppose to be good in both weapon and melee combat. his lvl 1 super is nice i know but their are maps that the blast doesn't go through or maybe its just a glitch or something because it happens. You can watch emments video preivew of his moves and can tell he has a better melee game overall then radec. He is basically a upgraded radec in everyway it looks like.

Though i do know how to use all his moves. I just want him to stand a chance better in a 1 V 1 fight. You mess up one time and it can end the game. Not like i'm new with radec or anything as i been maining him ( at 616 with him in a short period of time).

Message 5 of 104 (797 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
827 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Stop **bleep** and learn how to use him better. He was my first main and i found him super easy to kick as with. Only thing i agree with is the flame thrower. And maybe his level 1 should lock on easier.

----

I know how to use him lol, i didn't get to 616 shortly by doing nothing i'm just throwing out options. I bet you don't even use the tactic of D+square on maps with multiple plaftorm layers to take advantage of the invisablity and sneak behind the player and smack them let alone even know. I'm done this countless times with other players and radecs.

Message 6 of 104 (792 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Well, comparing Emmett and Radec at this point is kind of moot, but Emmett doesn't have all of his guns built in, like Radec. If you find one isn't working, then you need to call down a drop, step out of the battle, and change your weapon. Rinse, repeat. It could potentially be a a large problem for Emmetts.

I've mained Radec since the closed beta, and using him in 1v1 means taking it SLOW, building your AP bit by bit with his faster, weaker attacks, until you have huge openings for his better ones. I would like him to be better somehow in 1v1, but I'd also like Big Daddy not to sink like the Titanic in FFA, and we don't always get what we want, now do we? :/
Message 7 of 104 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 23, 2013

ToMuchMayo wrote:

Just... stop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 8 of 104 (785 Views)
Wastelander
827 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Well, comparing Emmett and Radec at this point is kind of moot, but Emmett doesn't have all of his guns built in, like Radec. If you find one isn't working, then you need to call down a drop, step out of the battle, and change your weapon. Rinse, repeat. It could potentially be a a large problem for Emmetts.

I've mained Radec since the closed beta, and using him in 1v1 means taking it SLOW, building your AP bit by bit with his faster, weaker attacks, until you have huge openings for his better ones. I would like him to be better somehow in 1v1, but I'd also like Big Daddy not to sink like the Titanic in FFA, and we don't always get what we want, now do we? :/

People are getting what they want as sly is going to get nerfed soon so its not all trie Smiley Tongue But you don't need to give me tips on anything. I didn't make this thread for tips on how to play him i was just making a suggestion thread. Even though he doesn't have them all built in he will most likely have more useful attacks. I'll be using both emmett and radec when he comes out anyways so it won't bother me much. But its not too much to ask to be able to have some more manuvability and less punishment with radec.

Message 9 of 104 (784 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

Radec does have some fundamental problems. He would be fine if he was good at zoning, but characters like Drake, sackboy, and even jak and ratchet to a certain extent blow radec out of the water.

Many of radecs moves leave him unsafe(example would be forward square), are useless(air neutral circle) or hit at a weird angle(teslite grenade). I knew this sort of thing was going to happen to him since the beta on account of everybody learning how to avoid his attacks, and his attacks are much easier to avoid than others. he was good in the beta due to nobody dodging his attacks. and now he is good at FFA and 2v2, but is severely lacking in 1v1.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 10 of 104 (773 Views)
0 Likes