Feb 19 2013
By: OmegaZero663 First Son 15 posts

Quitting the habit of ragequitting...

8 replies 180 views Edited Feb 19, 2013

I dislike the fact that I ragequit out of habit. It's, quite frankly, rude and immature but I can't seem to help myself.

Has anyone else gone through a similar stage? Can you offer any tips that might help when it comes to "breaking free of the cast", so to speak?

Message 1 of 9 (180 Views)
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Re: Quitting the habit of ragequitting...

Feb 19, 2013
Male yourself listen to "baby" every rime you do it
Message 2 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Feb 19, 2013
I'm a relaxed dude so don't have that trouble. But, when I do die I usually take the chance to diddle with my phone or vita.
Message 3 of 9 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Feb 19, 2013

To clarify, I'm not talking about dying first in a stock match and then watching the match a bit before quitting.

I'm talking about just pressing start -> quit or pressing the Home button immediately after I lose all of my lives in a stock match.

Message 4 of 9 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Oh good, that's what my response was intended for lol
Message 5 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Channel your anger into getting up, putting the controller in the next room and sitting down until the match ends.
Message 6 of 9 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Play for fun

Message 7 of 9 (134 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Feb 19, 2013
Send me dirty texts in lieu of rage quitting. Sexual harassment is a wonderful way to channel anger.
Message 8 of 9 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 19, 2013

next time you die, dont quit. Problem solved. Watching what people do will make you better. If your furious some guy did the same thing to you 3 times for all your lives, watch what he is doing so next time you see a guy doing something similar, you expect an incoming whatever it is. At this point I've played 1500+ matches in ranked alone (in total not this season) and the experience I gained from losing helps me win. All these guys (not saying its you) who quit after a single death because someone comboed into a super will never learn. They all think they are better players or more skilled because they didn't use a confirm, but in reality the fact they got confirmed in the 1st place prooves they don't even know how to get around it....

I myself do get furious when a raiden gets me multiple times with the same confirm, but i've faced so many at this point that it is absolutely 100% my fault i got confirmed and I know its all on me. Has nothing to do with abusing an OP tactic or a broken character (FP is a different story) its entirely on me for allowing it happen after i've died so many times to it before and avoided it so many times before. There is a startegy to counter every character in this game, and by not taking the time to learn that strategy and just rage quitting, these guys will never learn anything. Again not saying this is you or why you quit, just using it as an example of why people need to learn to deal instead of just raging on forums and quiting matches 30 seconds in. I deffinately do not have a perfect track record, I've left a game before, not over getting confirmed it was mostly because of kratos LOLOLOL. pretty much was always only because of a kratos.

At this point nothing could get me to quit except if the game is glitching or a horrific connection ruining any chance of me doing anything. Ya know those matches where you are beatin the sh*t out of someone then magically your dead and the guys you were comboing teleport to random points on the screen and are battling eachother, no way I am staying in that match. Just stop quiting and you'll start winning more, trust me on that one.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 9 of 9 (89 Views)
0 Likes