Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 11 2012
By: Toadamus Monster Hunter 46 posts

Question about disconnecting

5 replies 104 views Edited Dec 11, 2012

I 've been having issues lately with my connection and most of the time i can't connect or it will take forever to connect .And sometimes when i play i get disconnected does this effect my ranking in anyway?

Thanks in advance. 

(playing on vita)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Question about disconnecting

Dec 11, 2012
actually yes it does
#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

Well that sucks :smileysad:  ,I've played my game on the ps3 without an issue.When my ps3 died i started playing on my vita and started to get the problem a lot oh well..

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Superbot can't start penalizing ppl until they fix the online, I've never once had connection problems playing uncharted 3 online

but for some reason, I just can't play this thing
I'm pretty sure a MP game with big maps takes a bigger toll on the server than a 4 player fighting game, and yet I'm able to do the former with no problems whatsoever

this is just unacceptable
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2535 posts

Dec 11, 2012
I'm pretty sure there are no central servers, so your connections will depend on other people's connections. Some might argue that this is a bad thing, but there is an upside that I for one absolutely love: the game will be as strong as it's fans, not the developers. Popular games that use central servers often abandon those servers after the game gets old, they make a new game, the studio is abandoned, etc. Those who connect you directly to your opponent can still be played long after. There is no danger of this game going anywhere. It has potential to be a long lasting legacy on our game shelves that we can always play. Even if SuperBot does go under (knock on wood). That's worth a few disconnects to me.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2535 posts

Dec 11, 2012
Also, I think SuperBot realized that when there aren't centralized servers, rage quitters can mess up a good match due to connection problems. The penalty for quitting was probably also implemented to discourage people from quitting so the match can go on smoothly.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (72 Views)
0 Likes