Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Re: Pros and Cons of Ratchet & Jak in PSASBR.

Nov 13, 2012
I feel if someone practices with a character they can put up a fight without the gimmicks. Also Jak makes up for his normal attaacks with his supers. The eco vent is really quick, dark bomb has a massive aoe and light jak can get up to 7 kills. Characters like Spike probably have the best moveset in the entire game. He's a jack of all trades but his supers are absolutely abysmal.
Please Respond
Message 41 of 97 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 13, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

TweetyPurd wrote:

@bluediamond

you can actually do the combo where you punch, uppercut, then spin attack
ive seen it in a video
i dont know if you can uppercut into the dive pounce though
ill try find you the video Smiley Happy

Ive basically seen all Jak videos. If ive I missed any, it couldnt have been no more then 2.

ahh well it was a crappy quality one from a gamestop demo
basically i saw a player do it to big daddy a couple times in a row, but he definatly can

Message 42 of 97 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 13, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
How is it not fair I'm judging mostly on his guns from Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal. I got nothing agains you man, but you gotta stop assuming things.

Well if you was more detailed then I wouldnt assume, and btw I dont have a problem, its just you said overall. Do you know what Overall means?

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 43 of 97 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 13, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

TweetyPurd wrote:

@bluediamond

ive seen it in a video

Ive basically seen all Jak videos. If ive I missed any, it couldnt have been no more then 2.

basically i saw a player do it to big daddy a couple times in a row, but he definatly can

Big Daddy is a big fela.  Usually in games like these, certain combos can be done on bigger people because theres alot of room to do an attack. But with characters like Spike, Sackboy, etc.. I dont know...

Ether way I want to do the 4 piece combo to- Punch + Uppercut + Dive Bounce + Spinkick. I made my own combos for Jak in Jak II and 3. I had/have so many creativity combos Smiley Happy

Only time will tell.
Message 44 of 97 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Here is another example of the punch, uppercut, spin combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf7hByV-bic

go to the 20 second mark Smiley Happy

i hope that helps sooth the pains of his downgraded guns
personally i like the fact they made him melee heavy, as its alot more fun to play melee than just running away and shooting Smiley Happy
just a shame they changed his guns so much, rather than just reducing the AP
like, they could have had all his guns more accurate, but only give 1 AP per bullet, rather than recuding the rate of fire so much

Message 45 of 97 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 13, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

TweetyPurd wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

TweetyPurd wrote:

@bluediamond

ive seen it in a video

Big Daddy is a big fela.  Usually in games like these, certain combos can be done on bigger people because theres alot of room to do an attack. But with characters like Spike, Sackboy, etc.. I dont know...

Ether way I want to do the 4 piece combo to- Punch + Uppercut + Dive Bounce + Spinkick. I made my own combos for Jak in Jak II and 3. I had/have so many creativity combos Smiley Happy

it looks like in the uppercut you can do any move (ive seen both the jetboard done and spin attack) so im sure you cna dive pounce out of it to

yeah haha, my favourite melee only combo was an infinite - punch, uppercut, pounce, spin, and as soon as you land you punch again, repeat Smiley Tongue
chuck the beam reflector in there every so ofet nand you got urself a winner Smiley Wink

Message 46 of 97 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Yes I know what overall means. On that my bad should have been more specific. Yeah I'm going strictly from ps2 era games though. And stop doing the whole do you what this means? crap. Just because uses a word loosely sometimes doesn't mean they don't know what it means. Honestly I feel like your trying to insult me and call me dumb I'm not. Stop taking evenly last detail of everything like it's super important it's not.
Message 47 of 97 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Nov 13, 2012

and from the video you can see him combo straight out of the dive pounce, so mele wise the combo is complete (yay) Smiley Very Happy

Message 48 of 97 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 13, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

Here is another example of the punch, uppercut, spin combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf7hByV-bic

go to the 20 second mark Smiley Happy

i hope that helps sooth the pains of his downgraded guns
personally i like the fact they made him melee heavy, as its alot more fun to play melee than just running away and shooting Smiley Happy
just a shame they changed his guns so much, rather than just reducing the AP
like, they could have had all his guns more accurate, but only give 1 AP per bullet, rather than recuding the rate of fire so much

Ive seen this video 10x! LOL! He doesn't even do it in this video man xD. Btw I agree with everything you said below. Just less AP not a degrade in his guns like the way they did. Honestly for people who know Jak 3 well and compare this to it will be like oh man your right lol. 

Only time will tell.
Message 49 of 97 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 13, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Yes I know what overall means. On that my bad should have been more specific. Yeah I'm going strictly from ps2 era games though. And stop doing the whole do you what this means? crap. Just because uses a word loosely sometimes doesn't mean they don't know what it means. Honestly I feel like your trying to insult me and call me dumb I'm not. Stop taking evenly last detail of everything like it's super important it's not.

Dude WTh is up with your 3rd line and down. I dont know what your talking about. No1 is insulting you. Chill. Its not my fault you wsn't detailed enough for me to understand :/

Only time will tell.
Message 50 of 97 (56 Views)
0 Likes