Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Re: Pros and Cons of Ratchet & Jak in PSASBR.

Nov 13, 2012

cj5293 wrote:
Even if you didnt have the infinite ammo cheat, you can still empty the clip and destroy everything. Im just saying if they put that version in, itd be pretty OP. If i had the choice, probably duration for the Gyro and speed for the Needle. The Needles homing already got nerfed according to Seth and i think at the moment the homing is good.

As long as you see that the guns need some type of upgrade im good, but im not saying it needs to be like it was in Jak 3. I just compare him to other characters and say Jak would get owned. Did you see how easy it is to kill the Gyro Burster Drone. Its ridiciousless.

As for the Needle Lazer yes it was nerfed, but I think to much. Notice hos the range of the shot is only short range while in Jak 3 it was long range. If thats the case it should have been med range like Ratchets lazer zoni gun or whatever it is.

Rewatch that battle Jak and Ratchet had and compare their guns, its crazy and unfair.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 21 of 97 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Ratchets guns are better than Jaks becuase thats pretty much the whole gameplay focus in RaC games. JaD games are about eco, guns and melee combos. Sure ratchet has his wrench but its nowhere near as effective as Jaks melee attacks. His down square even has an aoe. I think SuperBot made ratchets guns better because of his mediocre melee game. Jaks has a bit of both worlds. Decent range and decent melee.
Please Respond
Message 22 of 97 (136 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 13, 2012
The reason Jak's guns are like this obviously has to do with balancing. He looks to be a pretty capable character to choose, with lots of options. If he ends up being bottom tier, you have a right to complain about the guns.
Message 23 of 97 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 13, 2012

cj5293 wrote:
Ratchets guns are better than Jaks becuase thats pretty much the whole gameplay focus in RaC games. JaD games are about eco, guns and melee combos. Sure ratchet has his wrench but its nowhere near as effective as Jaks melee attacks. His down square even has an aoe. I think SuperBot made ratchets guns better because of his mediocre melee game. Jaks has a bit of both worlds. Decent range and decent melee.

Ok thats an opinion. Jak guns are actually probably better because their based off edifferent eco's. Ratchet just has more guns thats all. hey degraded Jaks combos which maks him a vulnurable character. Jak is limited. He has good separate melees and guns so he can be a tricky character. With his combos spamming is necassary, but not like Radecs sniper.

Only time will tell.
Message 24 of 97 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Thats the thing with the tiers in this game. Chances are that the characters in the lowest tier will only be SLIGHTLY worse than the characters in the top. It all depends on skill as well. A person who knows how to utilise a bottom tier character can abuse a top tier one. I just reckon that SuperBot did a great job of balancing the game.
Please Respond
Message 25 of 97 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Jak is much more mobile due to his jetboard

Photobucket
Message 26 of 97 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

sonicdude101 wrote:

Jak is much more mobile due to his jetboard

Mobile is only one factor. That doesnt make im a good ground fighting player... lol

Plus I listed everything in my full detailed post already. I know Jak well enough to know whats balanced, whats fair, what changed and etc.

Only time will tell.
Message 27 of 97 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Like i said before, i feel that SuperBot did a great job of balancing all the characters however there will be some things that will seem inaccurate or irritating to some fans. For me personally itd have to be Sweet Tooth's forward square, forward triangle and up circle. A little bit more range on the first 2 and a larger aoe on the last one would make him perfect for me. However SuperBot intended to make him a close range heavy hitter so i understand that they cant afford to give him range.
Please Respond
Message 28 of 97 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 13, 2012

cj5293 wrote:
Like i said before, i feel that SuperBot did a great job of balancing all the characters however there will be some things that will seem inaccurate or irritating to some fans. For me personally itd have to be Sweet Tooth's forward square, forward triangle and up circle. A little bit more range on the first 2 and a larger aoe on the last one would make him perfect for me. However SuperBot intended to make him a close range heavy hitter so i understand that they cant afford to give him range.

Well like I said before Jak is almost balance, but he needs a couple more tweaks and he'' be good. I look at everyones trailers more then once to compare everyone moves. Jak seems to be in the middle of the best characters. When I look at Raiden, Nikiro, Kratos etc, Jak just doesn't seem good enough gameplaywise. Im fine with his supers except for Dark Bomb not being able to jump straight up then smack down the DB.

Only time will tell.
Message 29 of 97 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Hmm its hard to say. Although i know that Raiden has no range what so ever. He's purely a close range character. Also, correct me if im wrong but i think Nariko doesnt build ap as fast as other characters. As for Kratos, ive got nothing. I literally cannot find any flaw in his game. He has range, invincibility frames on his moves, builds ap quickly, has a counter. On paper, he's by far the best character but theyre have been numerous times where ive pumped 3 other kratos players online with Sweet Tooth. So its pretty much up to the persons skill.
Please Respond
Message 30 of 97 (96 Views)
0 Likes