Sackboy
577 posts

Re: Pros and Cons of Ratchet & Jak in PSASBR.

Nov 12, 2012
Ratchet looks more of a range character, Jak looks better in a close situation ( because of his spins, punches, and the red shotgun )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 11 of 97 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

tippy78 wrote:

In B4 BlueDiamond comes.  I think you're very right. There are some moves of Ratchet that really seem pointless.... AP wise. But I'm sure its for some form of CC (crowd control)  and I'm sure every character has some move like this (mass inverter for Jak)

Really, before I come, really?

Anyways.

Cons for Jak are:

(3rd Yellow Gun Mod)Gyro Burster shoots incredibly slow. Thats nowhere near the way it shoots on his games. They degraded it a bit to much.

(2nd Blue Gun Mod)Arc Wielder- Now I was fine with the gun from the first build of the game because although it looked slow it looked true from the series it was taken from(Jak 3). However now I noticed the range on that gun was cut so now I got a problem with that.

(1st Purple Gun Mod)Peace Maker. It can only shoot diagonally up which is stupid and not how it shoots in Jak 3. I can deal with it though, maybe.

(2nd Yellow Gun Mod)Beam Reflexor. Wow so each mod of the same color that Jak used is known to be stronger then the last right?... then why is the range and damage smaller then the Blaster which is the first yellow mod. The Beam Reflexor is not only weak but its range is horrible. I saw Ratchet also had some type of Ricochet gun but why does his actually work better and go further then Jaks Beam Reflexor when the Beam R is known to do that. Its all in the name...

(3rd Blue Gun Mod)Needle Lazer- One of the other worst degraded guns. Not only can you not hold down the trigger to keep shooting the gun but its speed and accuracy isn't like how it was in Jak 3. Its a Blue Mod. Blue Mods are the class of speedy gun fire. Basically fire rate. This gun needs to shoot out faster. It was good to degrade the homing on the gun but not the speed to. Overall that just messed up the whole entire gun.

(2nd Purple Gun Mod)Mass Inverter is not suppose to be green. Little minor problem. I can deal with it but it still shouldn't be green. The range was terribly degraded but I can understand. This gun would be cheap if it had its true range lol. 

Dark Bomb(Level 2 super) I wanted this to be a Pro but theirs one thing SB should have done to make ths more fair. Jak can only use it left and right. In Jak 3 you can use it by just jumping where you are. What I mean is, in Jak 3 and Jak II actually you can jump straight up from where you are and use the dark bomb instead of just leaping left or right. The power on this move looks good though. If they took the actually range from the games, this game would be highly unbalanced.

Top 3 Cons

Voice Actor. Anyone who knows the series *WELL* knows that this new voice actor is complete **bleep**. If you only play through Jak games once then you truely and respectively have no room to judge. Its not an opinion, but in fact a fact that his new voice actor sucks **bleep**. Reasons are because Jak is no longer Jak with the voice. See what people dont understand is that Jak is a badass period. His voice is what defines him as a character and his actions. His tone of voice and attitude go with his overall character. With the new voice actor he's limited. Jak can't be a badass with his new voice actor and tone, because he doesn't have that tone in his voice that made him a badass. This most likely is the reason for his lack of facial expressions and crappy lines. T hats what im talking about. See how his Voice actor is already changing and altering his character. 

Battle Lines. Jak and his battle lines were top notch in Jak II and 3 and X, but in PSASBR they changed according to his voice actor because once again he doesn't have that tone. This is what people dont understand. With Jaks new voice actor its more serious then you think and thought.

They used Jak 3 design but gave him his Lost Frontier voice actor. Biggest mistake ever. This is truely the biggest mistake in the game for Jak. If your going to use TLF voice actor then you should use his design as well. Not only will newcomers know Jaks new voice in this game but then they'll see a Jak 3 game in the store and be like, o its that guy from PSASBR. His voice is **bleep**! Thats one reason why its bad. Another reason is because the Jak they took from the game is not at his full potential character wise. I know other people wont get what I meant with these cons. Honestly, replacing Jaks voice actor in this game actually altered the way he presents himself onto this game.

Only true fans will get this. People who have playthrough Jak 3 twice or more. 

Melee Attacks

His melees in all are fine, actually their better then they were in his game. Its so polished and stronger. Only problem is the combo system. 

In Jak games you can do a lot of different combos both with his guns and melee attacks. Jak had about 3-4 different combo moves in his game. In PSASBR they messed up big time. The basic combo which I can say is the most iconic and used combo in his games were taken out in PSASBR. Punch + Uppercut + Spinkick. That should have been an auto combo to put in this game. Jak wasn't known for long combos but he was known for short combos.

They also took out another iconic combo. The Wastelander combo. Its where you perform a spinkick with your gun and then you shoot afterwards, but that shot is actually a combination that causes the gun to shoot rapid fire and auto aim.

We look at Kratos and Nakiro. They have long combos. So why doesn't Jak have his full 4hit combos. Seriously, its only 4hits. As for his other combos I can't believe it seems like none of them didn't make it either. I was looking forward to doing the Punch + Uppercut + Dive Bounce + Spinkick as well but I guess I actually got change my play style when I fight with Jak in(All Stars).

Precursor Legacy(Level 1 super). Looks just like it did in the first game which is gorgeous but the amount of kills it can get sucks. Thats all. Just hard to get multiple kills.

Pro's for Jak
Blaster-(Jak's main and first yellow weapon). This of course they did a great job on, good call making his default gun one of the most polished and strongest. However like I said, this is also Jak's weakest Yellow Mod so the Gyro Burster and the Beam Reflexor shouldn't be weaker. Common sense if you read the overall Bio description of Jak weapons.

Light Jak(Level 3 super). Man I have to say getting in all his powers from Jak 3 was amazing. Yes they degraded all his powers duration(Flash Freeze, Light Shield), but again it was to make it fair. Light Jak got 4/5 powers. Only one that didnt make it was Light Regeneration. It only didnt make it because this game doesnt have a health bar system so it would have been pointless.

Jetboard- Great Mobility in the air. Would have been cool to use it on the ground as some sort of dash or extra running feature but its ok.

(2nd Red Gun Mod)Wave Concussor- It looks ok to me. It looks like from what I seen to be true to the game it was taken from. The range was degraded of course but its fair.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 12 of 97 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Nov 12, 2012
I had the feeling that Blue was going to post here, nice list of pros and cons btw

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 13 of 97 (365 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Nov 12, 2012
leave it to blue to give you anything u need to know about jak
Message 14 of 97 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2012

krusher10 wrote:
leave it to blue to give you anything u need to know about jak

Dam n Straight"  -Daxter

^ LMFAO!

Only time will tell.
Message 15 of 97 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 12, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

tippy78 wrote:

In B4 BlueDiamond comes.  I think you're very right. There are some moves of Ratchet that really seem pointless.... AP wise. But I'm sure its for some form of CC (crowd control)  and I'm sure every character has some move like this (mass inverter for Jak)

Anyways.

Cons for Jak are:

(3rd Yellow Gun Mod)Gyro Burster shoots incredibly slow. Thats nowhere near the way it shoots on his games. They degraded it a bit to much.

(3rd Blue Gun Mod)Needle Lazer- One of the other worst degraded guns. Not only can you not hold down the trigger to keep shooting the gun but its speed and accuracy isn't like how it was in Jak 3. Its a Blue Mod. Blue Mods are the class of speedy gun fire. Basically fire rate. This gun needs to shoot out faster. It was good to degrade the homing on the gun but not the speed to. Overall that just messed up the whole entire gun.

I can see where you are coming from and how the guns are not even close to what they are in Jak 3 but can you imagine if they actually were. The gyro burster churning out 50 shots is absolutely lethal. Not to mention the needle lazer. If you had the infinite ammo cheat on, you could literally press forward and r1 and nothing would survive. 

Please Respond
Message 16 of 97 (310 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 12, 2012
@BlueDiamond93 I agree on the beam reflexor it should have way more distance. The gun Ratchet has your thinking of is the Buzz Blades. It just like the beam reflexor accept it shoots blades that fly all over the place and bounce of everything.
Message 17 of 97 (286 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 13, 2012

cj5293 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

tippy78 wrote:

Anyways.

Cons for Jak are:

I can see where you are coming from and how the guns are not even close to what they are in Jak 3 but can you imagine if they actually were. The gyro burster churning out 50 shots is absolutely lethal. Not to mention the needle lazer. If you had the infinite ammo cheat on, you could literally press forward and r1 and nothing would survive. 

See thats the thing, im not talking about infinite ammo cheat. But all im saying for the Gyro burster is they either upgrade speed or duration, whuch do you pick?

Same goes for Needle Lazer, upgrade in speed , homing or damage, you choose...

Only time will tell.
Message 18 of 97 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 13, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
@BlueDiamond93 I agree on the beam reflexor it should have way more distance. The gun Ratchet has your thinking of is the Buzz Blades. It just like the beam reflexor accept it shoots blades that fly all over the place and bounce of everything.

Yea cause you notice how the Blaster has more range.... that makes no sense right.

As for Ratchets gun, thanks for that. However the Beam R also bounces off any surface. SO Jak and Ratchet both have their reflexing guns but Jaks needs to be more like Ratchets. Its so bad that its making the game they took the Beam R, from bad...

Only time will tell.
Message 19 of 97 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Even if you didnt have the infinite ammo cheat, you can still empty the clip and destroy everything. Im just saying if they put that version in, itd be pretty OP. If i had the choice, probably duration for the Gyro and speed for the Needle. The Needles homing already got nerfed according to Seth and i think at the moment the homing is good.
Please Respond
Message 20 of 97 (252 Views)
0 Likes