Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: Proper Introductions

Sep 29, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

I'm Rigglie (Not my real name) I'm 14 and in my freshman year of high school and I am an aspiring video game designer.

Freshies FTW! Like Rigglie I'm 14 in my freshman year of high school. I won't give out my name or location for obvious reasons. I am taking a video game design class at my high school and would like to take the skill further. I play water polo on the JV team at my school, we have currently only won two games. I love designing and building various prop and objects (currently working on an AC hidden blade, I have a rubber band and string version at the moment that could be improved) I am planning on being an engineer or game designer as I design game charachters in my free time. That just about sums everything up.

Message 31 of 66 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
How is Full-Sail? 

I had two friends of mine go to that school, and one of them already graduating. Both were for music-related majors. I assume one of them took online courses though. They have told me it was pretty nice. I was thinking of going there myself, but I had other priorities to fulfill prior to me graduating from high school. Plus, tuition seems expensive, thought it varies on majors.

Also, there was someone I used to talk with that went there for a game-related major. Some of their exercises seemed pretty cool. They had to ake things like game books (I told her to make an EA-style booklet since they're usually so short lol). They were doing all of these things to create their own game in the future.

Message 32 of 66 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Sorry I disappeared guys. Had some last minute crunch studying to do.

Hi Panda, animation is a great field. For games or films?

Stefan, Zombies are the best. I want to be one when I grow up lol. Get Gravity Rush! You won't regret it.

War: I'm trying to learn bass but I don't have time :-(. I've been thinking about picking up Rocksmith since the bass DLC dropped. Also, you're the very first person that I've ever met that's excited about coding -_____- lol. I'm building a team since I plan on starting my own studio (soon hopefully, like the next couple years) and its good to know that there's a lot of talent on the boards. I hope to work with you all at some point in our careers. The industry is pretty closely knit so I'm sure we'll meet at some point guys. Maybe we should think of a code or something to recognize each other in the real world lol.

Solid, care for any "first to" matches in Marvel? I'm not competitive as in tournament class, I just want good matches. Foot dive!!! (MarlinPies version of the doom swag combo says hi. Blows my mind every time!)

Circleboi, we need more teachers! Ever thought about doing game scores though? Just curious. I've never met any musicians who even acknowledge the field.

Froziin, **bleep** Verizon! Leaving them soon. I need an S3 but don't want to lose my unlimited data plan. Also, what martial art? I was deep into Capoeira but had to stop. People disregard it as a flashy flipping and dancing style but it's actually really strong. Too many people just focus more on the looking cool and not the fundamentals. It's not about the flips, but the ground work and deception. Tricky tricky like a Run DMC track lol. Also proficient with a katana. Not gdlk but I can hold my own. I troll people a lot when practicing though. Taught my wife too! Shes ruthless lol.

Fridge, your username is dope. What aspects of Game Design interest you?

DP, it's great! But it's not easy. 5 months worth of course work condensed into 1 month. A new class each month for 2 years and 8 months. They push you. It's like p90x or insanity version of game design. But the degree is worth it and you feel more prepared with each day. Studios seem to respect it though. Call a few local ones looking for early internships and they were excited when I mentioned my school. My formerly unprofessional twitter account messed it up for me. I'm trying again in November. It's not for everyone tho. You need a driving force and a strong work ethic. They give you the tools tho, but honestly your career depends more on your own creativity and ability. Without that, the school is irrelevant in this industry.

Good luck with high school Matt, Wolf, and Rigglie! Being an adult is really hard. I wish I could go back lol

This is all I can do for now. I got a test and two assignments to kill and I'm at work lol. I'll be back on around 7 or 8.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 33 of 66 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Sep 29, 2012
http://m.fullsail.edu/degrees/campus

For anybody interested in FS. Click the degree to see the description and even the courses you'll take. They give you a MacBook loaded with the programs too. They lump the cost in with tuition but you can opt out of it if you don't want it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 34 of 66 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Not necessarily sure. Just always the whole atmosphere itself has always been interesting to me. Music is probably my first choice though. I'm a sophomore so I still have
A couple years tO decide lol

And thanks! Smiley Happy
Message 35 of 66 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I think doing scores for games would be very interesting. Personally, I like game music the most because unlike most of the regular music I listen to nowadays, game music seems very inspired most of the time. Rondo of Blood's soundtrack is revolutionary imo, and blew me away when I had the chance to play it. Mega Man's soundtracks are spectacular.

I did want to attempt to create game-inspired music, but it's just a hobby now.
Message 36 of 66 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I was hoping you had some insightful gaming information of the development process works for the noobs that bash without reason.
Message 37 of 66 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Well why not.

I am Ginta (Not real name) and I currently trying to write up some stories and do more of my studies. I have been a gamer for years and I mostly played Nintendo games and some Sony ones. I haven't really got into sony until I couldn't find any game that interested me besides Smash on the Wii. I mostly play RPG's, fighters, some FPS, and any action adventure game, but not those as much as the others (With an exception of a few others)

Message 38 of 66 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 29, 2012

dragonfire111 wrote:
nice to meet you im dragonfire111 most people call me dragon

^ dont let dragonfire trick you. this is all a lie. Oh by the way, im Zeothedeathgod, and most people call me zeo! i think...could be wrong about that.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 39 of 66 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 29, 2012

StefanForsell24 wrote:

We've already met

^ this is my other personality.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 40 of 66 (76 Views)