Feb 05 2013
By: SirJust1more First Son 11 posts

Probably the most unbalanced game I've played in a long time

25 replies 579 views Edited Feb 5, 2013

Why hello there people, Let me start this thread off by saying that i really do like the idea behind this game, and that I can see effort has been put into it. But today i just had a little too much, I quit this game because the balance in this game is horrible, its unplayable. So many exploits, so many over the top over powered characters, while others being borderline useless.

Lets start the complaint by explaining what actually made me quit, double nathan drake, pew pew pew hit, pew pew epw hit, pew pew pew hit, over and over again couple of shots + the hit after it, you probaby know what im talking about, its horrible to face they get level 3 in an instant 2 easy screen whipes and the game is obviously lost. There was nothing to be done there.

But you think this is the only thing? double Raiden, double kratos, double Radec you name it, and spam the most obviously over powered ability they have,

Kratos's range and homing grab makes it impossible to aproach him, he always wins trades his normals are waay too strong and he backs it up with incredibly strong supers while having inmense AP gain. he is probably the strongest out there.

Radec sniper rifle, sigh, and when i faced those double Radec who sync theyr sniper shots so it becomes impossbile to touch the ground.. sigh

overall spamming in this game is also waay too effective,

It's funny, but the characters supers are supposed to be balanced this way: power of super/ease of getting that super.

A character with a weaker Super should have an easier time getting to that super (higher Ap gain/better normals)

and acharacter with a good super should have a harder time getting to that super as it is easier to get a kill with it.

yet so many character totally blow this theory up, Kratos is supposed to require more AP for his supers, but his normals are so icredibly good that he gains lvl 3 when others are barely able to get a lvl 1.

wich brings me to another conlcusion, characters with no ''real ranged weapons'' and with that I mean characters who use theyr body as the weapon (hitbox and hurtbox are at same place) are very underpowered, they always get hit first and have a hard time building any AP, characters with weapons or extended hitboxes have a much easier time doing this, making this one of the reasons kratos is so strong for example.

''comboing into a super'' another huge and I mean huge balance issue in this games is that some characters that are already really strong also have a easier time comboing insto supers, while some already weaker chars require a wall or are just not able to do it at all, (this might be one of the bigger issues)

Some lvl 1 supers can even get you an easy double kill.. it's insane how bad they are balanced.. it was a little too much for me to handle.

But my last question pure out of curiosity... how many times have you guys already heard this?

Message 1 of 26 (579 Views)
Last Guardian
9964 posts

Re: Probably the most unbalanced game I've played in a long time

Feb 5, 2013
If this is the most unbalanced game you've played in a while, you must not have played Brawl or MvC2.

I think you should play the game more before classifying a move as OP. The only real move that could be considered OP is E. Cole's Giga Punch, because of the super armor and easy L1 confirm.

Spamming only works because you're allowing it to work. If the spammer is able to exploit the same move and get away with it, you only have yourself to blame. Try blocking.

"Comboing into a super" is usually just referred to as Kill Confirms here. This is a pretty hot topic, both sides debating whether or not it's fair. I support them myself, and I agree that every character should have at least one viable confirm.

Lastly, I would say some new guy comes on here and rants about how unbalanced this game is at least once a week. One thing about this forum is the amount of threads being made containing the same topic. It's ridiculous.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 2 of 26 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

Feb 5, 2013
You complained about Radec.

Everything is now void.
Message 3 of 26 (556 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Kratos has pathetic supers, level 2 being the only salvageable one seeing that it has semi-reliable kill confirms. If you actually die to his level 3 more than once, that's your fault. Also learn to block.

For Radec section, see end of Kratos section. Radec is arguably one of the worst characters in the game.

The only characters with no "real ranged weapons" are Raiden, arguably Heihachi, and arguably Big Daddy. All of them are fine.

The only character who does not have a level 1 kill confirm, but also does not make up for it in other supers, is Sir Daniel. The other two are PaRappa and Radec. PaRappa makes up for it in his level 2, whereas Radec makes up for it in his level 3.

As for your last question, several, due to the fact that many people neglect their L1 button.
Message 4 of 26 (544 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Did you just say Radec was overpowered?( Sigh) This game is not as broken as people make it how to be, 2v2 is probably the most balanced mode. Plus there are upcoming tweaks in the future.
Message 5 of 26 (513 Views)
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

you dont even read, I said that the Radec spam is annoying as hell, specially when it's a double radec who decide to spam sniper across the screen I didnt say he is OP but w/e. I think the balance in this game is kinda obviously faulty and it lacks in many many areas, but everyone is entitled to ther opinions.

I will say again tho that ranged attack characters are waay stronger than those who don't.

the balance of supers is laughable.

if you guys are gonna counter everything with an easy ''learn to block'' then so be it. The problem is still there, spam spam spam. and it works.

Message 6 of 26 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1079 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
If this is the most unbalanced game you've played in a while, you must not have played Brawl or MvC2.

I think you should play the game more before classifying a move as OP. The only real move that could be considered OP is E. Cole's Giga Punch, because of the super armor and easy L1 confirm.

Spamming only works because you're allowing it to work. If the spammer is able to exploit the same move and get away with it, you only have yourself to blame. Try blocking.

"Comboing into a super" is usually just referred to as Kill Confirms here. This is a pretty hot topic, both sides debating whether or not it's fair. I support them myself, and I agree that every character should have at least one viable confirm.

Lastly, I would say some new guy comes on here and rants about how unbalanced this game is at least once a week. One thing about this forum is the amount of threads being made containing the same topic. It's ridiculous.

Other than meta knight and diddy that game was pretty dang balanced. o-o one of the most balanced fighters ive played.

all stars photo psasbr2_zpsc1059804.png

My raiden over all your mains.
#PSASBR2
Message 7 of 26 (481 Views)
Last Guardian
9964 posts

Feb 5, 2013
That's the thing though, if ONE character is so friggin' powerful he has to be BANNED from tournaments there's no way it's balanced.

But I digress, we're getting off topic.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 8 of 26 (474 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Kratos and Raiden have a similar thing giong on, except that instead of being banned from every game they are present in every game, ever.

I have a character level 500+ and one 300+ I have seen thousands of kratos, thousands of Raidesn thousands of Slys, yet some chars I havnt seen in days.

It's probably because ppl ''like'' those characters more.. right? (huehuehue) don't make me laugh

Message 9 of 26 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Ultimate Wesker vs Wesker 3.

Thread.

Message 10 of 26 (464 Views)
0 Likes