Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Predict the Tier List

Oct 21, 2012

1st, 2nd and 3rd are gonna be between Dante, Raiden and Sly Cooper.

Message 21 of 39 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 22, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

S Tier - Kratos, Dante, Raiden, Sly Cooper, Evil Cole

A Tier - Nariko, Jak, Cole, Fat Princess, Sackboy

B Tier - Ratchet, Drake, Spike, Parappa, Drake

C Tier - Big Daddy, Sir Dan, Heihachi, Toro, Sweet Tooth

I disagree on your Big Daddy placement logic master

Big daddy seems to have really good supers and that ground slam seems to generate a ton of AP

Message 22 of 39 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 22, 2012
There's not more than a tiny margin from character to character, based on what we've seen so far. The worst characters are the ones we haven't seen much of (I've still only seen maybe 9 minutes of Toro gameplay). Considering the beta is still on a build that seems months behind the current one, this beta means just as little as the others. And the public beta will be the same case.

I see Raiden near the top, if they haven't fixed his insane AP gain yet. Otherwise, it's all as close to even as you'll get. Based on what I've played at GameStop, Jak seems like he's going to be lower than I expected, though.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 23 of 39 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Oct 22, 2012
No love for Heihachi anywhere lol. That wave dash will be the bane of a lot of people.
Message 24 of 39 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 22, 2012

trust me, no one wants a perfectly balanced game. whenever a game tries, it ends up painting itself into a corner. Skullgirls tried to be perfectly balanced. instead it created characters who were so equal that you could never make a comeback.

trust me, some issues for all characters is a great thing. gives you stuff to work around.

Message 25 of 39 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Glidethefirst wrote:

trust me, no one wants a perfectly balanced game. whenever a game tries, it ends up painting itself into a corner. Skullgirls tried to be perfectly balanced. instead it created characters who were so equal that you could never make a comeback.

trust me, some issues for all characters is a great thing. gives you stuff to work around.

It's not necessarily about being balanced.  It's about giving everybody an even playing field.  Is Toro as good a character as Kratos?  Not on paper, but they're still on even ground so that either can win in a situation.  I feel like Skullgirls never really had that, because it went only for being balanced and not for having balance, if you know what I mean.  Smash Bros. almost had that, but there were serious flaws with many characters.  Hell, I don't even expect PSAS to have that, because only the ideal fighting game could.  But based on what we've seen, SuperBot is doing a pretty good job of putting characters on as even a field as possible.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 26 of 39 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Oct 22, 2012

The16thNinja wrote:

I think Nariko, Raiden, Dante and Sir Dan will all fight for the top, Kratos has an outside shot.

I don't really have an opinion and therefore pick all the last revealed characters, including the slow Sir Dan, which everybody complains about.

Message 27 of 39 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Oct 22, 2012

HMM..I think Nariko,Radec,Raiden,Kratos and Dante will be Top Tier

SIR DANIEL AND SPIKE FOR TOP TIER!!!!!
Message 28 of 39 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Oct 22, 2012

of course this game is going to be completely unbalance, superbot doesnt know how to make  game

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 29 of 39 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Let's see you do a better job.

Message 30 of 39 (103 Views)
0 Likes