Jan 11 2013
By: coreno Big Daddy 18884 posts

Practice mode needs improvment

4 replies 126 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

The practice mode is actually not too bad.

What it needs is the ability to program the computer to do certain moves and combos so you can practice avoiding, countering, and escaping moves from other characters you have a hard time with.

The only thing close to that is the setting to predictcably attack the same attack every 3 seconds, which doesn't help too much. Setting the computer to just fight is too unpredicable and random, and doesn't help practice against particular moves.

Anyone else agree? What would you like to see in practice mode?

Message 1 of 5 (126 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: Practice mode needs improvment

Jan 11, 2013

I actually agree with this, this is really the only feature I feel is missing in practice mode.

Message 2 of 5 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jan 11, 2013

I agree, UMVC3, SFXT, and TTT2 had such amazing training modes that it feels like I've been spoiled and I'm sure others feel the same.

Message 3 of 5 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Jan 12, 2013

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

I agree, UMVC3, SFXT, and TTT2 had such amazing training modes that it feels like I've been spoiled and I'm sure others feel the same.

The more I play, the more I want this feature.

I was just playing a stock match, and it was me vs parappa, each one of us only needed one kill. Except parappa just kept rolling on the ground, just spamming the move, and kept hitting me. It was very frustrating, but I would've like to be able to go into practice mode right after that, set parappa to do that, and learn how to avoid, counter and defeat someone spamming that move.

Message 4 of 5 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Jan 12, 2013

I absolutely agree with this.

For me, the practice mode would be pretty much perfect if it had this option. It would help a great deal when practicing against certain setups.

Message 5 of 5 (59 Views)
0 Likes