Highlighted
Oct 06 2012
By: Lex_Gamer Wastelander 690 posts

Post launch free characters possibility

[ Edited ]
7 replies 582 views Edited Oct 7, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5CyhCuW8I&feature=channel&list=UL

Are there more characters to talk about?

"Not that I'm willing to talk about roght now, haha." - Omar

Is Crash in?

We are very aware of several characters, like Crash, that fans really want, and we have to negotiate terms with the 3rd parties - Omar (paraphrased)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB4b2H0pt8s&feature=g-upl

Skip to 8:30 for Omar's answer to the roster

"The launch roster is 20" - Omar

This reminds me of something, and this is important, it seems to me I recall Omar defining "DLC" as PAID for content, do you guys think they are planning on releasing more characters as free content after initial launch? Much like the Spatan Ops of Halo 4?

Omar said Crash would never be DLC, but that doesn't mean he (and others like him) can't be extra characters added post launch.

He also makes it sound like negotiations are still underway, for a game so close to launch that can only mean post launch content.

If they are still negotiating, then perhaps they don't even know the complete roster size quite yet, which explains the "roster will be bigger than you think" comment.

We might not have ALL their planned charaters until early next year, which makes for a good reason not to reveal more charatcers, since we wont get 'em for months!

They pushed the release date back a bit, to get as much content on disc as possible, but there's maybe just not enough time.

Then if the game has a lot of support post launch and people clamor for a certain character, they can consider doing more work and selling it as DLC.

This explains, well, pretty much everything, what do you guys think? I'll edit this post to clarify my thoughts as I best I can.

Message 1 of 8 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: Post launch free characters possibility

Oct 6, 2012
Plausible, but don't get your hopes up.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 8 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Oct 6, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Plausible, but don't get your hopes up.

lol, yeah, I'm just tryin' to see a way where all the facts/quotes work together, rather than argue which facts are right and which are wrong, ya know?

Message 3 of 8 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I get it, it is a really interesting idea too, but at this point it's really easy to speculate lol.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 8 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Oct 6, 2012

i think thier is some credabuility to this theory but at the time being its best to take a wait and see attitude toward further charecters . we still dont know who the boss is so that may still be a further charecter to play as?

Message 5 of 8 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Kinda reminds me of motor storm apocalypse where they added "the rock" tracks to the game a few months after the release in an update of the game.

Message 6 of 8 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I'm tired of fighting about how many characters are in the game, yes there are characters that I want, but I wont let them ruin the expirence. The only roster that I believe in is the one I will get when I open the disk on launch date (plus later DLC). I hoe that they release an expansion set with characters stages and skins.

"They're all good at killing."
-Omar Kendall IGN LIvestream [18:33] 11/14/12
Message 7 of 8 (408 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Celtics_fan23 wrote:
I'm tired of fighting about how many characters are in the game, yes there are characters that I want, but I wont let them ruin the expirence. The only roster that I believe in is the one I will get when I open the disk on launch date (plus later DLC). I hoe that they release an expansion set with characters stages and skins.

God I know right? So tired, haha, sigh... This was my last push of thought before my brain went to jelly, now I'm just waitin' to have it in my hands.

Message 8 of 8 (286 Views)
0 Likes