Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Re: Polygon man really? (or polygon head whatever)

Jan 24, 2013

Actually, the answer is really simple, they used a villain that made the event a playstation event, not a final fantasy event or a twisted metal event or a god of war event, they didn't want to have the final boss be of one game series, because it would mean that rather than a celebration of playstation's history, the story would become more focused on one game series. I mean, imagine if everyone gathered together and the villain was calypso and at the end they all get a wish granted and something bad happens or they overthrow him, oh cool, i played twisted metal too. Or it's zeus, and hes planning on taking all the energy of the fallen and defeating the champion on his own so no one could stand against him, oh cool, i played god of war too. So, instead, they made it a playstation mascot, and made it feel like a playstation story, albeit a weak one, and a weak final boss. i wish more had been done with it, but theres only so much a floating head can offer for story, and i definitaly wish more had been done with the boss fight, but it's difficult and feel rewarding enough, this is the first game in the series, and i think they were more focused on balancing the roster than the story mode becaus of that.

Message 11 of 18 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Well actually, Master Hand is not quite neutral ground. He is a miniboss in Kirby and the Amazing mirror, although this was after melee was created.
Message 12 of 18 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jan 24, 2013

As many others have said, he's distinctly Playstation, has no franchise affiliation, and would be the most likely to have a grudge on everyone.

The only other way I would have seen the final battle working was as a gauntlet of villians. (Dr. Nefarious, Tree of Life-infused Lazarevich, Specter, Clockwork, etc.) Clockwork in particular would be a great way to implement a character that wouldn't fit otherwise.

Although I must add that the first time I saw Polygon Man's silloute I thought of Metal Kor and was excited.  I can't seem to find a picture of it, but the silloute looks very similar to the hologram of Kor early in Jak II

NS.png

Message 13 of 18 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Message 14 of 18 (132 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Jan 24, 2013
2 months into the game's age, and still people complain, as if they just found out about it....
Play For Fun!
Message 15 of 18 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Personally, the only complaint about polygon man I have is the fact he doesn't have a more active role in battle other than being a hazard. Other than that, I thought he was fine. 

Photobucket
Message 16 of 18 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Polygon head sucked **bleep**
Message 17 of 18 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts

May 8, 2013
HEADBUTT DID I CALL IT OR WHAT XD
Message 18 of 18 (39 Views)
0 Likes