Fender Bender
2434 posts

Re: Polygon Man, what is he even doing?

Feb 4, 2013

OoGod_ComplexoO wrote:

The master hand was better than  Polygon imo.

He's a flying head, not much to go on in terms of combat.

Message 11 of 16 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
841 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I'd like to high-five you for saying that he might be going Turbo.

I feel that he's out for revenge. Plain and simple. However, Omar said that he wouldn't necessarily consider the final boss evil, so I think that it is really just acknowledging that he still exists. Who knows, maybe everyone that's taken out in PlayStation History appears at "the core." He obviously is a symbol of power as well, so he might just be some unknown overlord or something. The game wasn't made for Arcade Mode...

The hands-down best improvement I can think of for the sequel is adding an "Adventure Mode," like the Subspace Emmissary (But with talking characters to make the storyline actually understandable). I'd love them to keep the old Arcade Mode as well, as it wouldn't exactly hurt now, would it? And maybe add in an ending rivalry cutscene...
Message 12 of 16 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Feb 5, 2013

The hands-down best improvement I can think of for the sequel is adding an "Adventure Mode," like the Subspace Emmissary (But with talking characters to make the storyline actually understandable). I'd love them to keep the old Arcade Mode as well, as it wouldn't exactly hurt now, would it? And maybe add in an ending rivalry cutscene...

This. I'd love to a system like this where we could fit in characters as bosses that would be impractical as player characters, like Metal Kor from Jak 2, a Dodonga from Patapon, or Clockwerk from Sly Cooper.

NS.png

Message 13 of 16 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Thanks Ziolus! That's actually the best answer I could recieve and I'm glad you found that. 

Although I can see where they are standing on by making the plotline very loose, I really wish they didn't. There is definitely a way to mix in all these characters and have a heavy plotline without it being super cheesy. I do know a way but it isn't exactly my job to write out such a complex storyline. Maybe one day it'll be a slow day where I'll have the time to do so.

And on the subject of Master Hand vs. Polygon Man.. I did enjoy fighting Master Hand better than fighting Polygon Man, everything felt a little more epic leading up to the point. But I did like Polygon Man better as a character, although the fight was very, very dull (as I said before).

Message 14 of 16 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Terrible boss
Message 15 of 16 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
503 posts