May 10 2013
By: retrosoul22 Fender Bender 3576 posts
Accepted Solution

Polygon Man moveset W.I.P. (will finish his moves list latter)

[ Edited ]
32 replies 601 views Edited May 13, 2013

So I'm finally doing it. However, I don't have time right now to build an entire moveset for him. But I will try to finish it tomorrow after I get back from my finals for my second semester of college.

PS I will leave my super ideas and some misc. stuff. So don't expect this to be completely empty.

Arcade Story:

Polygon Man is angered by the fact that he has been humiliated by every character in the cast. He now seeks revenge and wants to reclaim his throne.

Rival:

SuperPiposaru wrote:

Playstation Man Rival Scene: Polygon Man is flying around, searching for The Last of (Us) the All-Stars to kill/Polygonify/or something. He then meets Playstation Man, Playstation Man claims to be an All-Star because he had that cooking contest for Parappa and Crash. But Polygon Man can't control himself and bursts out laughing 1. Because of the Playstation on his head and 2. Playstation Man isn't an All-Star. As Polygon Man laugh's, exclaiming "You-you cannot be serious, HA, HA, look at your head! You're not an All-Star! Playstation Man gets mad and says that Polygon Man isn't an All-Star either, angering Polygon Man, and so, they fight to see who really is an All-Star.

Arcade Ending:

Polygon Man is laughing evilly as he is now in his original giant form. Having regained his powers and his throne; Polygon Man has now created his own personal army by turning the rest of the cast (except for his rival) into his polygon soldiers. He then says that he will now set off to conquer the rest of the Playstation Universe. None will be safe from his wrath.

Spoiler
S:
Forward S:
Up S: Jawpper Cut! - Polygon Man smashes his opponent with his jaw causing them to be launche dinto the air.
Down S: Jaw Breaker - Polygon Man does his body slam from the boss fight.

Air S:
Air Forward S:
Air Down S: Jaw Breaker - This version of the Jaw Breaker will create a shockwave that will launch opponents back.
Air Up S: Same.

T:
Forward T:
Up T:
Down T:

Air T:
Air Forward T:
Air Down T:
Air Up T:

C:
Forward C: Crystal Eyes - Polygon man fires out a powerful laser from his eyes that will explode when it hits and object or opponent. (This attack will have a cool down time of twenty seconds)
Up C:
Down C: Polygon Shredder - Polygon Man spins around at rapid speed and takes himself apart till only his giant AP ball remains. He will keep spinning and each of his polygon shards will act as a weapon to hit his opponents as he spins. (Based on the animation that he does when he turns into the stage hazards in the boss fight)

Air C:
Air Forward C: Same except that Polygon man will fire it down at the ground diagonally.
Air Down C:
Air Up C: Same

Throws:
Up Throw: Polygon Man tosses the opponent up into the air and spits out an explosive AP ball to launch the victim even higher.
Forward Throw: Polygon Man headbutts the opponent.
Down Throw: Polygon Man slams a small polygon block down on the opponent's head.

Super Ideas: (not my final choices)

Level 1: Polygon Crusher - Polygon Man summons a large crystal polygon in front of him and slams it down on his opponents. (Range is the same as Sly's level 1)

Level 2: Polygonification - Polygon Man creates an energy bubble similar to the one Raiden uses in his level 2 (only smaller) and anyone caught in it is turned into a polygon fighter. This causes them to use their super on a near by enemy before being killed themselves. (Based on the game over during the Polygon Man boss fight)
NOTE: They can only use level 1 and level 2 supers. Even if they already have a level 3 ready. Also, even if you have all the other opponents polygonifyed they will still attack each other. (Obviously lol)

Level 3: Wrath of Polygon Man - Polygon Man teleports everyoen to a flat polygon stage and then splits apart and vanishes behind the stage. He will then turn into one of the hazards from the boss battle. (Hydra, Hades, Patapon, Doll Face's mech, and the Ape Escape Mech)

Hydra attacks: Square = left head, Circle = right head, Triangle = middle head

Hades attacks: Square = left hook, Triangle = right hook, Circle = both hooks and a shockwave

Patapon attacks: Square = left side, Triangle = right side, Circle = All the Patapon attack the stage multiple times ending the super right away after the attack is finished.

Ape Escape Mech attacks: Square = Hand Clap, Triangle = Missiles, Circle = Chest laser (Ends super right away after it's used)

Doll Face's mech attacks: Square = hand slam, Triangle = Arm cannon, Circle = Mouth Missiles

Misc. stuff:

Intro 1: Polygon Man puts himself together and says "I consider this a role playing game. Today you'll be playing the part of the pinata."

Win Pose 1: Polygon Man laughs and says "Game Over."

Lose pose 1: Polygon Man lays on the ground half destroyed. (He will appear in his battle damage form from the boss fight)

Win stat screen: Polygon Man is laughing and spinning around.

Lose stat screen: All thats left of Polygon Man is the giant AP ball thats inside his body.

The menu background is the purple XMB background from the boss stage with glowing triangles, squares, circles, and "X"s.

Victory Theme 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvW-5PMVzwo

Victory Theme 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4GW7xTkURU

Rival: Playstation Man - Another forgotten mascot from the PS1 era. (Someone make a moveset for him. Seriously)

Minion: A floating PocketStation (The first handheld Playstation system that doubles as a memory card)

Icons and Backgrounds will be added here latter.

Credits:

SuperPipsaru

Nasrulez

TheShadowMan683

Astroking112

Francesco734

Message 1 of 33 (601 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: Polygon Man moveset W.I.P. (will finish his moves list latter)

May 10, 2013
Get creative with Polygon Man. It's hard to make a moveset for him because he has no games... or limbs.
Message 2 of 33 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

May 10, 2013

HM01_Impaler wrote:
Get creative with Polygon Man. It's hard to make a moveset for him because he has no games... or limbs.

Thats what i plan on doing. I want to try to make him as unique as possible.

Message 3 of 33 (578 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6395 posts

May 10, 2013
Well good luck then. I guess I won't say anything till it's done.
Message 4 of 33 (574 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

May 10, 2013

Pretty cool so far.

original.pngjak.png

Message 5 of 33 (564 Views)
Fender Bender
3576 posts

May 10, 2013

Just going to say that i will probably not get this finished in one day because i would need to put in a lot of thought for this moveset. But i'd love to receive feedback when i start working on it.

Message 6 of 33 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2501 posts

May 10, 2013
His triangle moves should get him to transform into random polygonyzed stuff

Down triangle could be a hammer, for instance.
-Straight from the Shadow Realm (V)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(V)

(\The Official Forgotten Shadow of the PSAS Boards/)
Message 7 of 33 (526 Views)
Fender Bender
3576 posts

May 10, 2013

TheShadowMan683 wrote:
His triangle moves should get him to transform into random polygonyzed stuff

Down triangle could be a hammer, for instance.

That would actually be pretty interesting.

Message 8 of 33 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2013

Added a few attacks and a rival! PLAYSTATION MAN!

Message 9 of 33 (486 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

May 10, 2013

The level 2 is just awesome. I don't really love the level 3, but I'll just wait for the final version :smileywink:

firma.PNG

Message 10 of 33 (465 Views)