Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Re: Poll Discussion: Final Fantasy Reps

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Thirty3Three wrote:
I can definitely see where you're coming from, Chris.

I'd love to see someone like Zack or Geno, but I doubt it'll happen. I think if a FF character were involved it would be Cloud. I have a few characters I'd prefer above him, but I really think, due to fanbase, popularity, (and the aforementioned fanboyism) Cloud would be the first choice.

And I haven't played the game you're referring to, you're correct sir. I don't spend as much time playing games as many on this board (however, I definitely do play games more than some) - I may have to play the one you're referring to. She sounds like a phenomenal character!

Vivi is a guy and you should definitley play it. Smiley Sad

And I also think that if people have honest character choices they should buck the fanbase and suggest who they feel so we could really gauge which characters are the most requested. Nice to see Squall get some votes too for instance.

Message 21 of 96 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
1) nobody's insignificant. We all have purpose.
2) you dont see me being rude; why the hostility? I was just posting a fact base on the general view of FF.
3)im sorry if i offended you in any way

I only take offense in just this one bit. You think Cloud would best represent a big franchise like FF but when someone suggests a character who they think bests represents the franchise your respons is you don't know the character (I presume because you haven't played the game). I just think we need people who have played a majority of games in the franchise that possible character reps could come out of provide some unbiased input and not just throw out one character always and shun all other possibilities. Its ok though, Cloud fan boys/girls rule these parts anyway. 

Maybe it's other people's turn to take offense. Smiley Wink

That last bit really should be considered fact in all fairness.  Smiley Indifferent

No, fan-boys/girls gush over everything a developer puts out. They defend horrid atrocities like the Star Wars prequels, Mass Effect 3's ending, and... Advent Children. *shudders*

For the most part, the FFVII fanbase has grown up (It only took 10+ years...), accepting any flaws and vulnerabilities contained in the original game, the tie-in products and FF series as a whole.

There are a hefty amount of FFVII fans, but the fan-boy/girl species is nearing extinction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 22 of 96 (134 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
1) nobody's insignificant. We all have purpose.
2) you dont see me being rude; why the hostility? I was just posting a fact base on the general view of FF.
3)im sorry if i offended you in any way

I only take offense in just this one bit. You think Cloud would best represent a big franchise like FF but when someone suggests a character who they think bests represents the franchise your respons is you don't know the character (I presume because you haven't played the game). I just think we need people who have played a majority of games in the franchise that possible character reps could come out of provide some unbiased input and not just throw out one character always and shun all other possibilities. Its ok though, Cloud fan boys/girls rule these parts anyway. 

Maybe it's other people's turn to take offense. Smiley Wink

That last bit really should be considered fact in all fairness.  Smiley Indifferent

No, fan-boys/girls gush over everything a developer puts out. They defend horrid atrocities like the Star Wars prequels, Mass Effect 3's ending, and... Advent Children. *shudders*

For the most part, the FFVII fanbase has grown up (It only took 10+ years...), accepting any flaws and vulnerabilities contained in the original game, the tie-in products and FF series as a whole.

There are a hefty amount of FFVII fans, but the fan-boy/girl species is nearing extinction.

I have not witnessed this evolution you speak of so thats a surprise for me. Last I heard from them prior to PSASBR they were still screaming for a VII remake thats not happening. They've quieted down mostly since SE has stopped releasing VII Compilation titles milking the original for what it was worth.

Message 23 of 96 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Squall's definitely a cool one- And I can see how a "less-popular" character could make it in over one who's more-so, (think Raiden>Snake- however im not sure if theres a legitimate reason for this.). But yeah! Unfortunately, if people were to vote who's on their mind, as their favourite character, things probably wouldnt change much.

People vote Cloud because they think he deserves it and they like the character- i dont see why someone would list somebody they dont like, or like least than another character. I think people here vote Cloud because they like him an think he deserves the spot.

Fanboyism could actually turn out to be "thinking the character deserves it." even if it is "fanboyism", the "fanboys" still deserve a vote. An hey, if they like Cloud, then sweet. That's another vote for him; ya know, dude?
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 24 of 96 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 10, 2013

**bleep** Cloud I want Squall.

Message 25 of 96 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Thirty3Three wrote:
Squall's definitely a cool one- And I can see how a "less-popular" character could make it in over one who's more-so, (think Raiden>Snake- however im not sure if theres a legitimate reason for this.). But yeah! Unfortunately, if people were to vote who's on their mind, as their favourite character, things probably wouldnt change much.

People vote Cloud because they think he deserves it and they like the character- i dont see why someone would list somebody they dont like, or like least than another character. I think people here vote Cloud because they like him an think he deserves the spot.

Fanboyism could actually turn out to be "thinking the character deserves it." even if it is "fanboyism", the "fanboys" still deserve a vote. An hey, if they like Cloud, then sweet. That's another vote for him; ya know, dude?

It wouldn't change much I digress as more casual gamers would more likely side with Cloud just because which added with the fanbase gives him a clear edge anyway you look at it. Which is a sorry state of affairs. But I have unusual faith that if confronted SE might try and get a lesser known character in or do something by their loyal FF fanbase that loves the more classic titles in the franchise. 

Message 26 of 96 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
558 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Anyone from FF except from Cloud and Sephiroth they are way overrated, Vivi sounds nice!

Message 27 of 96 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Oizen6X wrote:

**bleep** Cloud I want Squall.

And the hostility begins... or gets ignored, your choice. Smiley Wink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 28 of 96 (114 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Nosajk wrote:
Anyone from FF except from Cloud and Sephiroth they are way overrated, Vivi sounds nice!

I didn't realize there was an aggregate rating system for FF characters.

WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 29 of 96 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Nosajk wrote:

I remember the good ol days when enough fan outcry led to Vivi's inclusion in Kingdom Hearts 2 because the Final Fantasy fanbase came up big. But then he had no appearance in Dissidia despite strong outcry for the sequel. How about one more hoo rah y'know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnsDX4fTaEI&feature=share&list=FLVFSP6N5TyklQOJLmn9J1zw

Message 30 of 96 (109 Views)