Jan 10 2013
By: Weidleface PlayStation MVP 7845 posts

Poll Discussion: Final Fantasy Reps

95 replies 627 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

This has been a hotly debated topic here in the PS All-Stars realm, so I took the liberty of setting up a little visual aid for us. I made a poll consisting of names that you hear brought up on a fairly regular basis as being reasonable pick as a Final Fantasy rep for PS All-Stars. I tried to represent each franchise that has a presence on a PS system (I, III, and Tactics were left out), but included an "Other" option for those of you who don't feel your pick is accurately represented.

So, what do you think? Who did you vote for? Why? If you chose "Other," what's your idea for another possible rep? I look forward to hearing you reasoning and stirring up some lively (but still friendly) debate.

Personally, I chose Vivi from FF IX. I've been very vocal about the fact that I feel he would be the perfect face of the FF franchise in PSASBR. For one, he has the classic Black Mage look that we've seen all around the FF world since the very beginning. That design is immediately recognizable by any gamer who has played at least one or two FF titles. Aside from that, Vivi is easily one of the most adored and least polarizing characters in the franchise. I also believe that his black magic abilities combined with his Trance form could make for some interesting supers. Just imagine a Trance Vivi dashing around the screen flaunting his Double Black Magic ability (just like in FF IX), much like Jak's Lv 3.

Photobucket
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy X HD, inFAMOUS: Second Son
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 96 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
397 posts

Re: Poll Discussion: Final Fantasy Reps

Jan 10, 2013
I want Cloud in and I have a moveset for him as a thread
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 96 (621 Views)
Big Daddy
18781 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I chose cloud, because he's the most iconic and I think could potentially have some neat moves and supers.

But a close second I think would be Chocobo, because that would be hilarious.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 96 (608 Views)
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I would love Cloud or Lightning to get in this game.

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 96 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2131 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I know she doesnt deserve a spot but i would toplay as Terra from FF6. That game is amazing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 96 (598 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I'd vote for Zack Fair, however, despite classic... ness... And love, if I were voting realistically, I'd definitely vote Cloud Strife.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 96 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 10, 2013

My first choice is disturbingly obvious, so I'd just like to emphasize that Zidane and Vivi would also be great choices. Maybe even as a tag-team character?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 96 (578 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Chocobo
I probably posted a joke here. If you get offended, I'm sorry in advance. I'm not here to start fights.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 96 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Nice poll I freaked when I saw it I wondered who put it there. Vivi is the clear choice as he represents the franchise the best and is arguably the best character in any FF game and in video games period. Moogles and Chocobos would be great as those Assisst Trophy cheerleader things. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 96 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5692 posts

Jan 10, 2013
I dont know who vivi is. I think we'd need someone who really "represents" the games as a whole, ya know? Like Cloud Strife (pre-emo phase... When he acted more like Zack.)

I'd rather have Zack, but I'd be lying if I were to say that Zack deserves a spot over Mr. Strife
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 96 (561 Views)
0 Likes