First Son
6 posts

Re: Please make Raiden's combos slower or gain less AP

Dec 16, 2012
Im a Raiden player and sure I know that he's strong but he's not spammable as most of you say, almost everything that leads to big combo with big AP leaves you on punish frames when blocked.
Just find a fast move and punish his random square moves. You can even use a super on some stuffs that you block like his ground circle dash (note, the ground version, the air version just over ground is god like).
Message 11 of 41 (216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

The only thing about Raiden that needs any tweak is him being able to land a super after a throw, that just needs to go. Raiden is amazing upclose but there are characters that will dominate him even at close range, Big Daddy is a matchup that's not in Raidens favor because Big Daddies armored moves, traps and throw setups can really lay waste to a even a good Raiden. A character good at zoning or controlling space like Radec or Sackboy for long range or Fat Princess for space control can really give Raiden a hard time.

Jak's another character who can do well against Raiden not only because of his space control but because of his mobility, Raiden can't land a super or a combo into one on any character in the air so characters capable of fighting well or moving around well in the air give him a hard time.

He needs tweaked but he doesn't need to be as crippled as Sackboy got when the ways to beat him aren't that hard to do or even figure out.

Message 12 of 41 (211 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Dec 16, 2012
You man know your stuff! Super after a throw is really strong but the only setup I know is Fsquare and Ntriangle Nsquare, I often miss the link/timing between Fsquare and Ntriangle.

People say that Raiden builds alot of AP, the AP system kicks in about 140 AP and stops the combo. I think that all characters have combos that can do 140 ap (note I think, I haven't learned the whole cast but the ones I have, they can do around that AP )
Message 13 of 41 (202 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 16, 2012
And btw, Rachet can also do super 1 after throw and his throw is so hard do dodge!
Message 14 of 41 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Raiden wouldn't be a problem if half of you knew how to play instead of always bringing up fake complaints. Get better. Block more.
Message 15 of 41 (179 Views)
First Son
20 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

As A Raiden mainer I am getting quite tired of people saying he needs a nerf. The ONLY thing that needs nerf is infinite combo which is pretty cheap, unless you know how to get out of it. Kratos is BY FAR more cheaper. I actually tested this the other day. I barely play Kratos only level 20 with him from completing arcade mode and I just used sqaure and WON EVERY MATCH I WAS IN. That is all I used was the sqaure attacks. Raiden is no where near as bad as Kratos. I have to actually think and come up with ways to enter the fray because if I don't a good player will punish me hard.

Message 16 of 41 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Raiden is cheap but I love using him. Kratos is the God of forWARd square. Literally atleast decrease his range or AP should be increased by 10 or 15 or w/e
Message 17 of 41 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 17, 2012
Decreased*
Message 18 of 41 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Dec 17, 2012
10 AP for a hit
Message 19 of 41 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 17, 2012

IzoGray wrote:
Raiden wouldn't be a problem if half of you knew how to play instead of always bringing up fake complaints. Get better. Block more.

Again, blocking doesn't help against the grab, which works while rolling.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 20 of 41 (149 Views)
0 Likes