Feb 03 2013
By: ugliey Lombax Warrior 251 posts

Please fix overtime

15 replies 293 views Edited Feb 3, 2013
Overtime, a good mechanic to ensure there is only one victor, unfortunately in all stars it's kinda screwed up' to fix it SB just needs to:

Only put the people who tied in overtime, not everyone. Its annoying when some hopeless side triangle spamming radec suddenly get like quarter of his l1 per shot.

Disable items. Hazards are OK but items are as annoying as ever in this strict 1 min session where there's everything to lose.

Disable l3. They defy the purpose of a "lightning round" at the end of an intense game as they just pause the flow and some nearly guarantee a win, plus they're so easy to get to. If you're a guy that always dies a l3 and hat this would affect you greatly, you've got to have. a l2 or l1 that can get kills
Message 1 of 16 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Re: Please fix overtime

Feb 3, 2013
I agree with the initial suggestion to an extent but removing the players from overtime that aren't tied changes the dynamic of the game because there are instances where persons can come back even if they aren't tied.

Don't think you should disable the items or the level 3s. Some people have better level 1s than others, same applies for level 2s and level 3s. Selecting which one to use while depend on tactics to a large extent and one should still have that option as to which one to take advantage of to influence the game.

Besides if you get to an overtime round and allow the person to get a level 3 you are basically asking to lose. Whenever I'm playing I keep a mental count of whoever is in the lead and their deaths. Whenever it hits overtime best be it known that I am going after whomever is tied with me. Not necessarily with fist to fist fights but definitely with my supers.
Message 2 of 16 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I can your point with L3s but surely people have a L1 or 2 that can get good kills even though they are best at their L3 like Nariko can get 2-3 kills with her L2 an sweet tooth gets a steady flow of kills with his good L1.

As for removing people the whole point of the suggestion is to stop them from coming back and usurping a top place between two giants that the decider should be about
Message 3 of 16 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Feb 3, 2013
They should keep level 3's just remove the two idiots that weren't tied to begin with.
Message 4 of 16 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I actually think ALL players in Overtime was a brilliant decision. Its exciting, intense, leaves the player in complete suspense awaiting the results and, by the times it reached Overtime I've often forgotten the scores, especially 3x Overtime when its just a bloodbath!

I also think Overtime is WAY more balanced than SSBB's 'Sudden Death', my friend always bested me there with Toon Link's tiny bomb which sent you FLYING out the arena!
Message 5 of 16 (264 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I think it can sometimes be pretty hilarious having the losing player suddenly reign on top after overtime.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 6 of 16 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I have to admit, overtime saved my butt already a few times!

My Alundra Moveset:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Alundra-fan-moveset/m-p/39401295#U39401295
Message 7 of 16 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Feb 3, 2013
ugliey: "I can your point with L3s but surely people have a L1 or 2 that can get good kills even though they are best at their L3 like Nariko can get 2-3 kills with her L2 an sweet tooth gets a steady flow of kills with his good L1."

Try telling that to the few users of Big Daddy or Sir Daniel.
Message 8 of 16 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I love the fact that you can be doing poorly and then win in overtime. Keeps you on your toes

Message 9 of 16 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1151 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Same thing as me, Overtime keeps me on my toes and saves me from 4th place Smiley Happy

Link thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Just-won-in-a-EPIC-X3-OverTime-m...

Message 10 of 16 (218 Views)
0 Likes