Dec 31 2013
By: TheLaughingSwine Lombax Warrior 220 posts

Please. A Little Help?

5 replies 138 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

Hello I have gotten Big Daddy to level 999 yesterday and i have decided it is time for a new character to play...so i went with Sack Boy, a more...umm...whimsical fighter...and i was hoping someone can answer some questions i have...after trying his combo challenge...and failing...i went to youtube to watch a video to see what i was doing wrong...(i will post the combo video below, please read my text first) So i watched the combo being done on youtube then tried it for my self...i only tried to do the first combo in the video...and im stuck on the same problem i always have...in the middle of the combo the character that im practicing on does that doge jump (they flash white and cannot be attacked)...i have them set on human (i guess they do this jump by default)...anyways it ruins be finishing my combo...the first combo is square-square, square-square, up square, forward triangle (in air), circle (in air)...but i cannot get passed the second square-square...i use square-square then when i try it again 2 things happen, 1 he is to high up for me to hit the second time, 2 i wait for him to drop a bit so i can use it again he does that jump doge....in the video Sack boy does his square-square square-square on Radce...i wish i knew what i was doing wrong....also in the video he fighting different characters in the training room...while im always stuck with sweet tooth...how does he do that???...i can't find any options that let you chnage the character in combo mode....if anyone has anything useful please post. Im Really SORRY This Is So Long! (ok watch the video now...if you want)

Thank you for readingSmiley Happy.....and if you chose not to read i understandSmiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 6 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Please. A Little Help?

Dec 31, 2012
You are using the TUTORIAL, for one. Go to Solo Play- Practice Mode. In Practice Mode you can change your opponent and turn on a combo count. Anyhow, I wouldn't use a lot of Persona's combos as they are all for style, more or less. Try short hop forward triangle, down circle, up triangle, up square, forward triangle, circle or short hop forward triangle, square square, up square, forward triangle, circle. There are a few others, but those are good ones to start with.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 2 of 6 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Unless you actually don't know how to access the practice stage, in which case press L or R on the stage select screen
Fresh to death
Message 3 of 6 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 31, 2012
No dude he's is right. You have to time it, the combos in personas videos that don't involve wall are all pratical
Message 4 of 6 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 31, 2012
The timing in that combo is what makes it relatively impractical. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the timing is very specific. I'd much rather go with a combo I know I can land.
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 6 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Hello, Thank you guys for the replys...omg i cannot believe that i didn't see L1 R1 for stage select...i guess i was to busy looking for a way to chnage Sweet tooth in the combos mode...Thank you Dude...i will also try the combos you posted...as for video of combos i just posted...well im playing the game right now and i just did the square-square, square-square move twice now...maybe if i keep practicing i will be able to do all the combos in that video....again Thank you for the beginner combos...and the adviceSmiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes