Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5355 posts

Re: Playstation all stars needs a life bar mode and more ring out maps

Jan 8, 2013
no it doesnt
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1876 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Voncola wrote:
This would not work in any way without rebuilding the game. As is the whole system is balanced with risk verse reward. 

I'd have to agree with this.  What really hooked me about this game was the whole change up around how you score wins.  I think it's actually quite an ingenious idea, and it's a refreshing new take on a fighter.  Implimenting heallth bars, imo, would be a step backward and take away from what make Allstars unique.  I understand that there is a formula that has been tried, and tested over the decades where fighters are concerned, but there's always room for something different...and more than welcome.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Jan 8, 2013

I woulld like this to be an option but not for manditory gameplay, because it would make this game less unique.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jan 8, 2013
naw
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8363 posts

Jan 8, 2013
No.

The supers system is fine and a refreshing take on fighting games. We don't need to dumb that down.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 9, 2013
If you want a life bar go back to Marvel Vs Capcom

No life bar is precisely what makes this game different from other games. When i first heard from ign that you had to rack up AP to do Supers in order to get kills i didnt know what to think but after a while of playing i realized it was just perfect. If they were to go back to a life bar it wouldnt have much different to offer.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Adding a health bar and removing the Super kills would take away all the strategy and break the systems that are already in place.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Nay saysers aren't getting it, I like the super system too, it's unique, and I stood by it hands down while most were either doubting it or hands down against it. Now, I don't think anyone wants to replace the AP system with HP, they just want an HP mode as an option, an idea I fully agree with; more modes of play equals more options which equals a longer lasting experience, which is good for me :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Jan 9, 2013

What's the point of including a health bar option when it completely forfits the fighting systems in place. They'd have to start from scratch and re-balance the characters. 

Let's first get more game modes that compliment what we have or more characters and stages.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

it sounds like the original poster wants a reincarnation of smash bros. what with ring outs and a life bar that builds up damage. we definitely don't need a reason for more ppl to believe this is a blatant copy. Unless you meant ring outs like what we have present in the latter half of the stowaway stage... which I would then say the way it is now is better as it requires players to adapt to their current situations (strategy).

Everyone else asking for street fighter style life bars: I personally hated the whole life bar idea for the simple fact that just because i had a sliver of life left in my bar you got a lucky punch in on my thigh (which would not have hurt any trained fighter) and my character acts like he just got run through with a blade. Besides I would hate to get into a fight on the street one day and see a life bar over my head like my fighting prowess has a limit to it no matter how well prepared I am.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (56 Views)
0 Likes