Mar 18, 2013
I want a vita but I don't have the $$
Message 22 of 31 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Playstation Vita is it any good?

Mar 18, 2013
I would only recommend a Vita to people who love handheld gaming about as much if not more than console gaming because otherwise it's going to feel underwhelming, I personally really love it because I'm a sucker for handheld gaming and I love it more when a console game gets ported to a handheld because I find it so awesome that I can take games like Jet Set Radio and Ninja Gaiden Sigma with me everywhere I go.
Message 23 of 31 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Mar 18, 2013

It all depends on what you're into. 

For Fighters you have:

Mortal Kombat 9

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Street Fighter x Tekken 

Blaz Blue 

PSABR

For RPG's:

Persona 4 Golden

Ragnarok Odyssey

(Upcoming RPG: Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star Online 2, Warriors lair, Valhalla KNights 3, Gods Eater 2)

If you're into shooters you're s.o.l

I bought the Vita becasue i'm a hardcore Sony fanboy but honestly i'd say wait a bit. The good games are about to come.

Message 24 of 31 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Mar 18, 2013
ffs....
I forgot about Gravity Rush, Unit 13 and Uncharted. Those are choice games.
Message 25 of 31 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

Im surpirsed no one has mentioned Disgaea 3. That was an incredible port plus it came with all the ps3 dlc and extra. Easily put in over 100 hours on it. As mentioned before, theres:

disgaea 3,

wipeout,

gravity rush,

persona 4 golden,

uncharted,

assassins creed liberation,

psasbr, little big planet vita,

sound shapes,

sly 4,

startdust delta,

metal gear solid,

Ragnarok 

Mortal Kombat 9

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Street Fighter x Tekken 

Blaz Blue 

killzone (Not released yet),

soul sacrifice (not released yet) and many more. 

Not to mention you can buy psp and ps1 games off the store and play it on the vita. Personal faves are dissidia, and the crash and spyro games. 

Please Respond
Message 26 of 31 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Mar 18, 2013

This system is definitely worth getting ,at first i wasn't sure about it .Now i have it in my hands the whole day ..i mostly play psabr and waitinf for the ps4 and new games to come out.

Message 27 of 31 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Before owning a vita, I only had a PC, xbox 360, and all the modern nintendo platforms. I originally bought my vita for Lumines, it came with Uncharted, and I also bought Ninja Gaiden for $15. I travel a lot, it was pretty fun. Uncharted would help put me to sleep, Ninja Gaiden was fun for on the plane, and Lumines got old fairly quickly but is good for burning time.

Then I played the Playstation Allstars demo and fell in love. I pre-ordered and bought this game and haev had trouble putting it down since. I haven't played any any of my systems since getting this game. It's so convenient having it on the vita as well, some days I'll wake up and play for 5 hours while in bed before the battery dies. The built in microphone is amazing, I can chat with teamates or trash talk opponents without having to wear a headset. And the vita looks gorgeous, I bought the white one once it came out and people comment on it when I play it in public.

I liked sackboy so much in PSASBR that I bought Little Big Planet for the vita, and that game is really fun as well. I don't get to play it much since PSASBR takes up all my gaming time, but LBP has so many mini-games and extra things in it that I would HIGHLY recommend it. The vita is amazing, mainly due to Allstars in my opinion. Those are just my thoughts... if you do get it, and enjoy mobile gaming, then I'm sure you won't regret it!!

Message 28 of 31 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Mar 18, 2013

PC_Nobia wrote:

Great system, but I really wish Sony made more exclusives for the Vita. A new Twisted Metal or Motorstorm would be awesome.

I regret not buying Persona 4 Smiley Sad

I don't understand why Twisted Metal wasn't on the Vita... It was a premiere game for the PSP... TMHO was the best!

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 29 of 31 (32 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Mar 18, 2013
I JUST got a ps vita 2 days ago. I love the system so much! It's the hand held I always wanted!
Message 30 of 31 (29 Views)
0 Likes