Dec 31 2013
By: THE_LAG_FACTOR First Son 1 posts

Playstation Allstars DLC Concerns

11 replies 550 views Edited Dec 31, 2012

Is anyone else concerned about Sony releasing DLC for Allstars? It is great that they are doing it but IM just concerned that Sony will burn out it's character list. I would rather just wait for the next game so they can have brand new characters that will catch peoples attention, a great storyline that combines all the characters and makes them interact in interesting ways, and a multitude of new modes that will keep buyers entertained for a long time. I can't expect Sony's first release of the game to be perfect and I'll keep buying new versions of the game. In all IM just concerned that if Sony uses up all of it's characters early on then sales will drop and the series would end. I just want playstation allstars to have the polish of games like SSBB. So Sony make sure you always have some new combatants up your sleeve.

Message 1 of 12 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Playstation Allstars DLC Concerns

Dec 31, 2012
there will ALWAYS be brand new characters,
i mean, come one dude, the supposed sequel would be released on the PS4, with new IPs, games, and such,
don't worry about it, 'cause PSASBR is about celebrating PlayStation's Past, Present, and Future...
Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 12 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Dude you shouldn't worry too much about it, I'm certain they'll have enough characters to choose from in the next game, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced some of the existing characters, most likely the 3rd party characters.

Message 3 of 12 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 31, 2012

Why make a second one? the first one just came out, and making a second one will just be worse (compare super smash bros melee to brawl, melee is way better), instead of making a second one, they can just keep making DLC and get money that way, and they don't have to stop playing commercials, so people wont stop finding out about this game (they could take breaks in between making commercials though). In my opinion adding onto the same game is a much better idea than making a second one (and they will save more money because they wont have to develop a new game) (and if they aren't happy with the game's graphics, they can always edit that in updates)

NEW CHARACTER DLC's FTW!

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 4 of 12 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Dec 31, 2012

I want characters and I want them now..I dont want to have to wait for a sequel.Even if they put 20 more characters in this game they would still have enough room for more because there are so many old & new games coming out

Message 5 of 12 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
487 posts

Dec 31, 2012
I see where you're coming from. You don't want to be disappointed if they do make a sequel (and if rumors are true, they're already hiring for a second one) but you really shouldn't worry. Playstation has had such a diverse cast over its years that they shouldn't run out of characters/stages by just releasing some DLC.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Message 6 of 12 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 31, 2012
No they are plenty of characters to choose from, especially 3rd party.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 7 of 12 (450 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Dec 31, 2012

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

Why make a second one? the first one just came out, and making a second one will just be worse (compare super smash bros melee to brawl, melee is way better)

Um.... I'm pretty sure the second Smash Bros just destroyed the first (Smash Bros Melee was the second game, not the first). That being said, a second All-Stars would hopefully hit its stride the same way Smash did when they improved oon the original concept

Message 8 of 12 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4847 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Nope. I look forward to more characters if they are indeed coming.

Message 9 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9860 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. They could keep getting characters from different IPs for DLC. Then when the sequel comes around, they could expand on the franchises they already used.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 10 of 12 (364 Views)
0 Likes