Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 14 2012
By: Plom5-1-00 First Son 11 posts

Playstation All-Stars has my buy

17 replies 186 views Edited Oct 14, 2012

At least an hour and a half before posting this message, I went to the Best Buy at Westfield Mall, Culver City, CA. As soon as Superbot confirmed PSAS's demo there, I just had to give the game a shot. So far, I enjoyed what I played

I know that everyone knows that only Kratos, Parappa, Jak & Daxter, and Big Daddy are the only playable characters with Hades and Metropolis being the only stages on the demo, but the current content is acceptable for a demo. I only wished if there were at least 2 more characters and another stage, but I digress.

I have not tried Big Daddy so I won't be able to give my opinions of his playstyle so I'll be moving on to the characters I have played as.

Kratos

I used Kratos on my 3rd match but I'll explain why in a bit. I think his playstyle is suitable for players who are just about to start playing since he is a mid-range fighter, but it may be because I got used to the controls when I picked him. I was able to trigger his Lvl 3 Super, but I was only able to land 4 kills as him. I know it was only my stupidity but he does get larger, which for me, kind of seemed difficult to attack the other fighters.

Parappa

I think it was a bit of a challenge to play as Parappa, considering he is a close-ranged fighter. Sure I almost got my butt handed to but it only took me at least 30 seconds to get used to his controls. I picked him on my 2nd match, but boy I got owned by Kratos, which is why I picked him for the next match. I haven't really figured out how to execute his Lvl 1 Super well enough so I can earn a kill, but I have reached his Lvl 3 Super.

Jak & Daxter

They were my first choice, and it was a really bad choice too. Trying to figure out the controls while figuring out their moveset. I might need to give Jak & Daxter another try before I can really say anything about them. Luckily, I did manage to trigger their Lvl 3 Super.

That's all I can say about the game right now, but this game deserves my pre-order for the Vita. I don't care about all of the negativity, this game still earns my buy either way. I may bike my way back to the Best Buy tomorrow to play some more PSAS. If anyone lives or is near the area, maybe ya'll can challenge me to a match.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (186 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Re: Playstation All-Stars has my buy

Oct 14, 2012

Halo 4 has my buy.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 14, 2012

wait D: dont, buy the ps3 version, you get the vita version for free, both versions for only $20 more, its worth it:smileyhappy: but yeah kudos to you, great review if you want to call it that.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Oct 14, 2012

PSASBR already has my buy

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Funny thing is, Halo 4 already has my buy. As well as Assassin's Creed 3 and Sonic & All-Stars Racing TRANSFORMED. All of those 3 being on the Xbox 360. No I'm not one of those fanboys, since I'm neutral to Playstation.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Oct 14, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

Halo 4 has my buy.

Your mom has my buy.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (154 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I don't have a PS3 sadly, so I can only get the Vita version.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Chrisx444 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

Halo 4 has my buy.

Your mom has my buy.

I thought she bought you

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Chrisx444 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

Halo 4 has my buy.

Your mom has my buy.

Your grandma has my buy

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 14, 2012

Plom5-1-00 wrote:

I don't have a PS3 sadly, so I can only get the Vita version.

ah:smileytongue: thats alright than, was trying to save you some money in a way:smileyhappy:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (137 Views)
0 Likes