Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2012
By: S-o-h-a-i-l Treasure Hunter 5661 posts

Playstation All Stars Sales Are On Target - IGN

31 replies 492 views Edited Nov 27, 2012
http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/playstation-all-stars-sales-are-right-on-target

News from the UK indicates that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita is selling very poorly. Sources such as Gamasutra note that the game placed 38th out of 40 games, in order of sales, in its opening week.
However, these numbers struck me as somewhat unfair for two reasons. For starters, All-Stars launched in the UK on November 23rd. Weekly sales ceased being counted on November 24th. But perhaps the bigger issue is that All-Stars was also available digitally day one for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and digital downloads are becoming a popular option for PlayStation gamers, especially on the latter platform.
Then again, maybe All-Stars really isn’t selling well. I wanted to get to the bottom of it, so I reached out to Sony to see if they’d comment. When I inquired about rumors of lagging sales for All-Stars, a representative told me that “Sales are right on target with expectations and we are happy with them.”
Of course, what those expectations are remain to be seen, but Sony being “happy” with All-Stars sales so far illustrates a different picture than what the limited data from the UK charts shows. The only other evidence we have to work with is anecdotal: the game is buzzing on PSN and, at least on IGN, it’s also hugely popular.
We’ll have to wait for November NPD numbers, as well as fuller numbers from Europe, before painting the full picture of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale’s success (or lack thereof).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 32 (492 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: Playstation All Stars Sales Are On Target - IGN

Nov 27, 2012
People jumped the gun? I'm shocked.
Message 2 of 32 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 27, 2012
As I said, the UK weekly charts are no indication of whether the game is selling well or poorly considering it only took into account one day of sales for the game.
Message 3 of 32 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Yeah maybe, but it's true that they won't never say that the game is selling bad. Never.

It's bad publicity, simply.

Nintendo admitted that the Virtual Boy was a failure YEARS later they discontinued the production...

Message 4 of 32 (471 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I'll say this again....game has not been released in japan yet sooooooooo don't get too upset yet
Message 5 of 32 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 27, 2012
True, but the main point I'm trying to stress is wait until we get a clearer indication of where the sales are headed, yesterday people seemed keen to jump on the spot on the weekly charts without even giving the information a second thought, patience people lol.
Message 6 of 32 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Nov 27, 2012

i bet sony is just doing damage control, i believe them obce the vgchartz update.

Message 7 of 32 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Nov 27, 2012
Message 8 of 32 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I wish I could take mine back and get Hitman instead.
Message 9 of 32 (375 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 27, 2012

khknight wrote:

i bet sony is just doing damage control, i believe them obce the vgchartz update.

You trust VGCHartz over Sony themselves? Wow. Okay, feel free to base your opinion off guesses that don't even count digital sales.

Message 10 of 32 (373 Views)
0 Likes