Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Re: 15 hours left until Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is finally released!

Nov 19, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Meisterdieb1412 wrote:

This thread makes me so desperate since it's the 23rd in europe...probably gonna get it on thursday. I can't take this anymore. Smiley Sad

Need I remind you guys of Steel Book Case and personal character covers? It's a balanced trade-off. You guys get the better end of the bargain though... Sad Smiley.

Fun fact: I hate Steelbook cases. Like, with a passion D:

So no, waiting three more days to get the game in a case I dislike is NOT a fair tradeoff Smiley Tongue

You guys still get personal character covers! No complaining! Hehe

I might not be back to update the hour, I might go to sleep in a bit. Archus, you're good sport, want to add me? I'll send you an FR!

The personal character covers are no better than the normal artwork. In fact, they basically are the normal artwork but with one character made bigger than the others D:

Plus my game was preordered from Amazon (originally as a Xmas gift, but since I won't be around for Xmas, I'm getting it on release instead so I can actually play it) so the Steelbook's looking likely. And honestly, I really don't like the artwork on the Steelbook, it's really bland and I would rather have normal artwork. And the preorder was placed before Amazon announced the Steelbook, so yeah.

Obviously, I don't expect a tradeoff since I've been a gamer in the UK for a long time and so I'm used to getting games later than everyone else. Plus it used to be MUCH worse - months as opposed to a couple of days - and I take solace in the fact that Japan is gonna be waiting forever. But to call worse/comparable artwork and an awkward box a tradeoff for waiting three extra days doesn't really sit well with me. I'd rather just have the game released on the 20th, honestly. If boxart is the tradeoff, I'd rather wait three days to get that awesome minimalistic fan-made cover that was floating around here a while back!

If I get lumped with the Steelbook, then I'll live with it, since I'll at least have the game. But it is not a tradeoff for an extra wait by any stretch of the imagination Smiley Tongue

Really? That fan made cover isn't all that awesome. I get that it's the PS logo, but cmon, it's not much. It's probably just your opinion that a certain character alone is not better then a select random few. People have some favorate character they'd like life size! I'd take that Drake cover over the regular cover any day!

Anyway, see you all, heading to catch some Z's. I passed 3D Dot Game Heroes. Not all I need to do is unlock as many trophies as possible before PSASBR is released!

It looks better than the really bland arrangement of faces the Steelbook has Smiley Tongue

The faces don't even look good either. There's just something...off about most of them. Especially Drake and Kratos. Jak seems to be wearing lipstick. Fat Princess seems to have been folded in half. About the only character that looks right is Sackboy.

I know it's my opinion, but while that PS logo artwork isn't exactly gonna set the world on fire either, I think it's a **bleep** sight better than the Steelbook artwork, which looks like it was knocked up by an intern in Photoshop in the space of an hour. And it's supposedly a BONUS! D:

I don't have much of an issue with the character covers, I just don't see them as any better or worse than the normal artwork since they use the same models. If it's exclusive artwork, it should be something brand new in my opinion, and not just a rearrangement of the normal cover.

That said, I mostly just want the game and don't care what cover I end up with Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 641 of 660 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: 15 hours left until Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is finally released!

Nov 19, 2012
I feel sorry for you, UK. I would definitely rather have the game earlier than have any extra material thing with it. At least its only a few days!
Anyway, hellsagent is asleep so .. 13 more hours !!!

Message 642 of 660 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 19, 2012
I'll be getting it when Gamestop opens, its really close to where I live so yea.
Message 643 of 660 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

Meisterdieb1412 wrote:

This thread makes me so desperate since it's the 23rd in europe...probably gonna get it on thursday. I can't take this anymore. Smiley Sad

Need I remind you guys of Steel Book Case and personal character covers? It's a balanced trade-off. You guys get the better end of the bargain though... Sad Smiley.

Fun fact: I hate Steelbook cases. Like, with a passion D:

So no, waiting three more days to get the game in a case I dislike is NOT a fair tradeoff Smiley Tongue

You guys still get personal character covers! No complaining! Hehe

I might not be back to update the hour, I might go to sleep in a bit. Archus, you're good sport, want to add me? I'll send you an FR!

The personal character covers are no better than the normal artwork. In fact, they basically are the normal artwork but with one character made bigger than the others D:

Plus my game was preordered from Amazon (originally as a Xmas gift, but since I won't be around for Xmas, I'm getting it on release instead so I can actually play it) so the Steelbook's looking likely. And honestly, I really don't like the artwork on the Steelbook, it's really bland and I would rather have normal artwork. And the preorder was placed before Amazon announced the Steelbook, so yeah.

Obviously, I don't expect a tradeoff since I've been a gamer in the UK for a long time and so I'm used to getting games later than everyone else. Plus it used to be MUCH worse - months as opposed to a couple of days - and I take solace in the fact that Japan is gonna be waiting forever. But to call worse/comparable artwork and an awkward box a tradeoff for waiting three extra days doesn't really sit well with me. I'd rather just have the game released on the 20th, honestly. If boxart is the tradeoff, I'd rather wait three days to get that awesome minimalistic fan-made cover that was floating around here a while back!

If I get lumped with the Steelbook, then I'll live with it, since I'll at least have the game. But it is not a tradeoff for an extra wait by any stretch of the imagination Smiley Tongue

Really? That fan made cover isn't all that awesome. I get that it's the PS logo, but cmon, it's not much. It's probably just your opinion that a certain character alone is not better then a select random few. People have some favorate character they'd like life size! I'd take that Drake cover over the regular cover any day!

Anyway, see you all, heading to catch some Z's. I passed 3D Dot Game Heroes. Not all I need to do is unlock as many trophies as possible before PSASBR is released!

It looks better than the really bland arrangement of faces the Steelbook has Smiley Tongue

The faces don't even look good either. There's just something...off about most of them. Especially Drake and Kratos. Jak seems to be wearing lipstick. Fat Princess seems to have been folded in half. About the only character that looks right is Sackboy.

I know it's my opinion, but while that PS logo artwork isn't exactly gonna set the world on fire either, I think it's a **bleep** sight better than the Steelbook artwork, which looks like it was knocked up by an intern in Photoshop in the space of an hour. And it's supposedly a BONUS! D:

I don't have much of an issue with the character covers, I just don't see them as any better or worse than the normal artwork since they use the same models. If it's exclusive artwork, it should be something brand new in my opinion, and not just a rearrangement of the normal cover.

That said, I mostly just want the game and don't care what cover I end up with Smiley Tongue

It's an art style, you probably haven't learned to appriciate that art style yet.

But cmon guys, don't leave me hanging here, I can't be the only one that wants personal character covers or the Steel Book!

One more thing, I won't be able to pick up the game at midnight anymore... Smiley Sad

Both my brother and sister are working beyond midnight tonight and I attemped calling Gamestop a few minutes, apparently Gamestop's number doesn't even exist. Oh well, I'll wait until morning, it's still worth it! Smiley Happy

Message 644 of 660 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: 7 hours left until Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is finally released!

Nov 20, 2012

I can't believe how close we are to this game. I remember first hearing about this game, and that was months and months ago. I might miss some of the good people here that are leaving the forums. Tomorrow is going to feel like a dream.

Message 645 of 660 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Nov 20, 2012
4 hrs for me
Message 646 of 660 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I'm getting this 5pm Eastern time tomorrow!!! So excited it's crazy!!!

Message 647 of 660 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:

I can't believe how close we are to this game. I remember first hearing about this game, and that was months and months ago. I might miss some of the good people here that are leaving the forums. Tomorrow is going to feel like a dream.

So will I, but we might meet some new great people who are dedicated to this game!

Message 648 of 660 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 20, 2012

I mean this in a good way, when I get home with the game tomorrow because the GameStop I'm getting it at isn't having a Midnight Release for Hitman: Absolution with All-Stars.  The video below is gonna be me.

Message 649 of 660 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Nov 20, 2012
3 more hours until the Store will allow me to download. I can hardly contain myself.
Message 650 of 660 (52 Views)
0 Likes