Splicer
59 posts

Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale VS Super Smash Brothers

Nov 26, 2012
it could get close if superbot gets the dlc characters fans are dying for. but no... it will never reach sb
Message 21 of 50 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
568 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

I like Brawl more, since it has way more content... but that's normal. I mean, the game has 3 games already. What would you expect?

All-Stars owns Smash with the amazing stages and the variety between characters with tons of moves. Smas is a joke compared on that part.

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 22 of 50 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 26, 2012

I-Dentity- wrote:

I like Brawl more, since it has way more content... but that's normal. I mean, the game has 3 games already. What would you expect?

All-Stars owns Smash with the amazing stages and the variety between characters with tons of moves. Smas is a joke compared on that part.

Yeah sure. You realize right that there are a lot more of different characters in Brawl, and stages too? Also, PSABR's stages are mostly boring and repetitive. It's the same pattern over and over again. 

Message 23 of 50 (595 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Nov 26, 2012
After playing all stars for a good time I like SSB better, not saying it makes All Stars a bad game I think it's great but SSB is better made in my opinion
Message 24 of 50 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Nov 26, 2012

This game just won't stop getting compared to Smash... anyways~

Which game is better? RIght now it's PSASBR. Why? Because the Smash community ruined Smash Bros. for me. I played Brawl as a friendly competitive way, online was fun, I had a good time with it. Then it started to get stale, since everyone started to narrow down character usage (Meta Knight) and to three stages (Final Destination, Battlefield, and Smashville). Then people started using grab resets and stuff and I lost all interest from there.

To me, the Smash series (maybe sans Melee) wasn't really meant to be played as seriously competitive. One common argument to be made against this that I should I agree to is the random tripping. There's tons of items, tons of stages, tons of characters, yet what's the point if nobody picks them/uses them? In fact one of the biggest addition to the game were Smash Balls, but are they common use?

Brawl is great fun, has a TON of content, has a HUGE following, it really can't be compared to the recently released PSASBR. I don't think this game will make it near the popularity as Smash due to Smash being out first, having multiple releases, and having a more defined roster.

Also this is not a rip-off of Smash. Look up/play Cartoon Network Punch-Time Explosion, THAT game is a blatant ripoff (and a VERY poor one at that) of the Smash series. It has percentages, to K.O. you must knock your opponents off-screen, and assist BOXES. In PSASBR it's focus on a Super Meter, you get K.O.s by hitting with the Super, and where's the blatant ripoff of the items (aside fron the fish, which is the "Home Run Bat"). Even with the fish though, the Home Run Bat in Smash was a coveted item for those who knew how to use it as it could practically guarantee a K.O.. In PSASBR it's more of a keepaway item mainly for people like Radec and Sackboy.

So in short:

I like PSASBR better. It won't catch up to Smash's rep anytime soon.

~GL

ps- PSASBR is not a Smash Clone, it's a Party Fighter (a beat-em up which supports 4-players and has casual friendliness) with different mechanics.

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 25 of 50 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Well those are different types of games mk n sf are the best original 2D fighters tekken is 3D fighter two different things
Message 26 of 50 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 26, 2012

GameLink7 wrote:

This game just won't stop getting compared to Smash...

Gee, I wonder why. It's not like they are both 4 player brawlers eclusive to a single sytem where the cast is collaboration of one companies franchises. It's not like they both have pickupable items in both Time and Stock based matches.  It's not like they.... I hope you get my point.

The game doesn't know which way it wants to go. Does it want to be taken seriously or not? The game leads you to believe it's as deep as fighters like Street Fighter and must be treated like a hardcore fighter, but then throws all seriousness out the window when a 2D rapping dog smacks an elf and ferret in the face with a fish.... And while the game looks very cartoonish, it's marketed toward (not only older gamers), but people who may have only recently gotten into gaming. Everyone knows who Super Mario is - you could go randomly into the mall or other public place, find one of the oldest people there, ask them if they know who Mario is, and they'd probably say yes. Do that exact thing but ask if they know who Krato the God of War is, and most anyone who's not a Playstation gamer will not know what the hell you're talking about.

If the ESRB worked the way it was supposed to, half the game's demographic would be completely alienated by the fact that 1/2 the cast is from games that are too "Mature" for them to buy, considering this is only a "Teen" rated game. But this isn't a problem. With all the 12 year olds playing Call of Duty, parent's really don't give a **bleep** what they buy their kids these days.

Message 27 of 50 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Gee, I wonder why. It's not like they are both 4 player brawlers eclusive to a single sytem where the cast is collaboration of one companies franchises. It's not like they both have pickupable items in both Time and Stock based matches.  It's not like they.... I hope you get my point.

I just realized (thanks to you) that this works on mostly every genre. XD

Platformers are constantly compared to Mario

Adventure to Legend of Zelda

Shooters to Goldeneye/Halo/Call of Duty

Worldbuilding to Minecraft

Kart games to Mario Kart

Party games to Mario Party

Football games to Madden

Party Fighters to Smash Bros.

MMORPGs to World of Warcraft

Beat em-ups to Double Dragon/Final Fight/Streets of Rage/Battletoads

RPGs to Final Fantasy

Stealth games to Metal Gear Solid

Puzzle games to Tetris

Fighting games to Street Fighter (2)

It all makes sense to me now!

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 28 of 50 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Mario is famous cause he is old lets face it when you hear video games you think of mario because good games started with mario and dk as for mk n sf to different things completely yea they are both 2D fighters but they came around the same time so it couldn't have been a rip off
Message 29 of 50 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Tekken can't be compared to mk or street fighter some being worst cause they are different games completely. But smash does fail compare to pasbr in every aspect stages are better more original and can't kill you music is better because its a mashup of 2 games some smash never truly accomplished.
Message 30 of 50 (555 Views)
0 Likes