Fender Bender
4536 posts

Re: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion

May 12, 2012

I guess we can all agree that Capcom is a money hungry company, I just hope that Sony is a bit better on DLC pricing per character and map...I'm hoping for something along the lines of the same price for Uncharted 3 DLC ($4.59 for like 5 characters, and like $7.89 for maps and characters combined).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 31 of 77 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

May 12, 2012

Ok Here are the characters guaranteed but speculated:

1. Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
  2. Cole MacGrath (inFamous)
  3. Sackboy (littleBIGPlanet)
  4. Ethan Mars (Heavy Rain)
  5. Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
  6. Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
  7. Emmett Graves (Star Hawk)
  8. Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank)
  9. Kratos (God of War)
  10. ICO (ICO)
  11. Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
  12. Scarlett Blake (Dead Nation)
  13. Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
  14. Nathan Hale (Resistance)
  15. Parappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper)
  16. Old Snake (Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots)
  17. Leonard (White Knight Chronicles)
  18. Jak (Jak and Daxter)
  19. Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
  20. Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
  21. TORO (SONY)

Looking at this list the roster is looking big for new fighting IP. I doubt Sony or SuperBot Entertainment will exceed 15 let alone 20 amount of characters. That's leaving Nippon Ichi Software out there's still.

1. Rohn (Lair)
  2. Joel (Last of Us)
  3. Toan (Dark Could)
  4. Lahari, Mao, Adell, OR Valvatorez (Disgaea)
  5. Neptune OR Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptuna)
  6. Nine Asfel (Last Rebellion)
  7. Lillet Blan (Grim Grimmiore)
  8. KURO (SONY)
  9. Spike (Ape Escape)

I for one want SuperBot or SONY to take as much time as they want to make the product. .

The Last Lone Wolf Vandalier
Message 32 of 77 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

May 12, 2012

People can vote with their wallet. Gaming Companies need to make money to make more games, preserve jobs, make new IPs, make riskier or bolder quality games. In which case Gaming Companies need to higher more people. ARC System sold $6.99 characters but when it came to a system update for free that was amazing. But unlocking content in the PS2 era just by playing the game is looking grim now. Think of it as a Kickstarter now, you donate to the cause in which case the company you like and support. For supporting that cause or company you get skins, characters, maps, items, or modes. Which turns to fuel for that company to make bigger, better, riskier, and bolder quality games. When that new game comes out you donate $60 to the cause and hope more.

Message 33 of 77 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

May 12, 2012

along side the dlc character packs, i would love if they released each of the characters in the pack separately as well.  I say this because i can't tell you how many times a character pack has come out for a game with one character i really want and four i don't like or don't know who they are.  Since there is no option to buy this character separately they basically want me to pay $6 (price of pack) for one character (since i'm not going to use the other four).  It would be optimum for everyone if they sold each character separately for around $2 each as well as packs of 4 or 5 characters for $6 each.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 77 (204 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 12, 2012

From what I've seen, it looks promising and I'll be happy. I'd love to see a cross play vita version, that would be awesome. I'd like to see some creative multiplayer modes. I think this mode sounds cool. I call it bombarded or something with a bomb pun in it. Each player or team has a generator the generator keeps the bombs ticker alive strapped to each player. So basically it's a defense kind of game. While you fight eachother, you attack their generator to completely wipe them out of the game. The generator blows up, your bomb blows up.

Message 35 of 77 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

May 13, 2012

I agree with blazingkite in the end.  If you can afford the DLC, and have the desire for it, more power to ya.  And ya know what?  I even like the idea of adding more material to a game I already love even if it's just costumes/appearances, so long as it's reasonably priced.  NEW areas to explore, extra characters/missions/gameplaymodes, powered up items and gear?  Sign me up!

I just strongly dissagree with DLC that was clearly designed to be included as part of the original content, but was cut seperately later (see DA1 and ME3).  At this point, it begins to look like a con job for more money.  A COMPLETE game can integrate DLC into itself without it feeling like it was missing before.

As far as the game itself goes, just saw some of the latest footage.  Still looks like SSB, but that is NOT a bad thing!  Still chomping at the bit to see new chars as well!

Message 36 of 77 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jun 17, 2012

One of Ethan Mars's Lv. 1 or 2 Special Attacks should be like Meta Knight's Hyper Attack. Ethan Mars should have a round radius appear around his body whoever is in his radius gets KO'd. Once his animation is activated he starts to get a headache and the screen turn pitch black dark. The opponents in this radius get KO'd and the combatants outside the radius just get hit confirmed and bounce all over the screen and Ethan Mars stand there with and origami looking clueless. End animation. The other shoud be he spawns a Gun in his hand. Much like Zelda's Arrow Hyper Attack so to should Ethan Mars's Gun have this ability to KO opponents.

Message 37 of 77 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jul 1, 2012

I wonder how Scarlet Blake moves list and super attacks would be too. She should be like MvC2 Jill or Frank West. Lv1 Super Attack should be Bombie. Lv2 SA the Jumper and Lv3 the Cutter Zombie. As for move list Dead Nation has a variety of weapons and zombie to use for move list. Also if anyone can agree to add medal kickbacks from U3's multiplayer as items to pick. I mean Mega Bomb, Cluster Bomb, Carpet Bomb, Smoke Bomb, and many more.

Message 38 of 77 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Toro Inoue and Nathan Drake I saw coming. But Big Daddy and Heihachi Mishima. Wow. Congrats to Sony and SuperBot obtaining their licenses. Bravo. It's really unpredictable now. Sony could possibly get...

• CoD Soldier (Call of Duty/ActivisionUNPREDICTABLE
  • Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot/Activision) predictable
  • Spyro the Dragon (Spyro the Dragon/Activision) predictable
  • James Bond (Goldeneye 007/Activision) UNPREDICTABLE
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog/Sega)     ?
  • Akira Yuki (Virtua FIghter/Sega)     UNPREDICTABLE
  • Ulala (Space Channel 5/Sega)     ?
  • Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza/Sega)     UNPREDICTABLE
  • Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars/Sega)     ?
  • Old Snake (MGS4:GotP/Konami) predictable
  • Pyramid Head (Silent Hill/Konami)     ?
  • Cloud Strife (FFVII/Square Enix) UNPREDICTABLE 
  • Squall Lionheart (FFVIII/Square Enix)     ?
  • Tidus (FFX/Square Enix)     ?
  • Lighting (FFXIII/Square Enix) predictable
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider/Square Enix) UNPREDICTABLE
  • Ryu (Street Fighter/Capcom)     ?
  • Mega Man (Mega Man/Capcom)     ?
  • Dante (Devil May Cry/Capcom)     ?
  • Jill Valentine or Chris Redfield (Resident Evil/Capcom)     ?
  • Frank West (Dead Rising/Capcom)     ?
  • Asura (Asura's Wrath/Capcom)     ?
  • Amateratsu (Okami/Capcom)     ?
  • Morrigan (Darkstalkers/Capcom)     ?
  • Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/KoF/SNK)     ?
  • Iori Yagami (KoF/SNK)     ?
  • Kyo Kusanagi (KoF/SNK)     ?
  • Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed/Ubisoft) UNPREDICTABLE
  • Rayman (Rayman/Ubisoft) UNPREDICTABLE
  • Issac Clarke (Dead Space/EA)     ?
  • Commander Shepard (Mass Effect/EA)     ?

It MIGHT be possible SONY is trying to obtain one franchise character for each company. We got Big Daddy and Heihachi Mishima. My problem is HOW BIG is this roster. They haven't announced Cole Macgrath, Wander, ICO, Scarlett Blake, Sackboy or Ethan Mars. Hope they make the cut before Third Party Franchise characters first.

Message 39 of 77 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

Despite my undying love for Mass Effect, Commander Shepard won't be in the game.

We don't even have the first game over in PS3 land, and it would just be the boring default Shepard anyway.

AND it's EA. EA are like Activision except they don't need Shepard to be popular.

Message 40 of 77 (158 Views)