Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Re: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion

May 8, 2012

Actually theres an unnofficial voice cast list... wich (if accurate) lists cole, and nathan drake, and sully for kicks!

I'm with you about FF though, they have their own brawler, let's let them stay there.  Not that I don't like them (Viva Sephiroth!) but rather, I just don't think they're a good fit.  As for the roster size, I say start smallish w/in game unlockables and later (preferably much later and periodically updated) new characters availible on DLC.  This would give them time to work on getting rights and doing the chars right while still getting the game out in a timely manner.

Message 21 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

May 8, 2012

I disagree with DLC character since Sony is not being Capcom here and since they said that this game would features Sony classic or Iconic character, there's no chance for new character from new game series, they wont do stuff like that, but regarding DLC, i think new game modes, maps or alternate skin.

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 22 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

May 8, 2012

Have anyone notice Kratos is the Dante of this game since his moveset consist of every weapons and magics he use from GOW Chain of Olympus to GOW3? i would love to see how he play with those mix-up and combo and kick butt.

I love Adam Levine
Message 23 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

May 10, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

I disagree with DLC character since Sony is not being Capcom here and since they said that this game would features Sony classic or Iconic character, there's no chance for new character from new game series, they wont do stuff like that, but regarding DLC, i think new game modes, maps or alternate skin.

Disagreed, I was watching a video (On Youtube) where the (not to be racist or anything but the "black guy") stated, that they can always add more characters via DLC later in the game, I'm pretty positive that they will have characters in DLC...Think about it, the final roster will not have "everyone" that is wanted, and I'm sure some characters will be either forgotten, or begged to be put into the game later on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

May 10, 2012

good headups bro, i alway hated Capcom for DLC, somehow that went into my feelings for this game as well, lol. There no racist being here, it's cool calling a black guy a black guy, don't call them the N word though, I'm Asian (Vietnamese-Japanese) you can call me asain dude or small dick( but my dick is 21cm) that's ok as long as you  don't call me yellow boy or communist, that's fine

I love Adam Levine
Message 25 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

May 10, 2012

Yeah, no worries about using identifiers as long as it's just that man.  Nothing racist about calling a cat a cat.

Capcom did DLC chars all wrong, and then over priced them.  It WAS agreeably absurd.  But I already have a seperate discussion on the massive idiocy that Capcom is perpetrating on themselves...

I'll use the previous soul caliber as an example.  Darth Vader and Yoda were each availible as system exclusive chars for ps3 and xbox respectively.  However, both characters were later made availible to the other system as resonably priced DLC content, including their fully voiced story modes.  Further more, the content included special commentary for eachother that was not availible to either character alone.

This is an example of how DLC should be handled.  Ready, and priced to make it up on volume.  See Capcom games and ME3's From Ashes pack for examples of how NOT to handle it.

I'm a little more in favor of it too because I can imagine there are a number of studios reluctant to give their characters licences out on a game that hasn't been tried on this system before.  If (by which I mean 'when') the game proves itself, they will probably be lining up to have character DLC made (and pocket the chunk of change that comes with it).  Something very simaler happened back when Guitar Hero and Rock Band were just starting out: labels were reluctant to give clearance even for covers until the games became a huge hit, then they were filling in the blanks on mass produced contracts to make their songs downloadable.

Message 26 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

May 10, 2012

you know who also made stupid DLC, Arc System, they charge us 6$ for announcer voice, i agree Capcom suck with everything DLC based.DLC should be about extend the game live as well as give us gamer more content not just some random character with copies moveset from old game and skin pack.

I love Adam Levine
Message 27 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

May 10, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

you know who also made stupid DLC, Arc System, they charge us 6$ for announcer voice, i agree Capcom suck with everything DLC based.DLC should be about extend the game live as well as give us gamer more content not just some random character with copies moveset from old game and skin pack.

Capcom did it right when they made Super Street Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 but then everyone complained about them making a new game instead of just making DLC even though the new game was cheaper than comparable DLC so they made DLC and everyone complained about the price. So it isn't really Capcom it's kind of our own fault as fans complainning too much about everything.

I'm guessing high profile characters will be DLC pretty much any character form FFVII is the perfect Candidate for DLC because if the game gets big, who isn't going to buy Cloud, or Sephiroth. Side character's from games already repersented will probably be DLC as well, I wouldn't be surprised to see PJ Bear from Parappa added as DLC. I am hoping that if Crash isn't there on release that they are working to get him as DLC.

I wonder how Sony feels about iconic characters that are already featured in current cross over games Dante was sony exclusive for a while but he's already featured in MVC3, Solid Snake as we know him today is a Sony exclusive but he appears in Brawl, and Snake Eater is getting a 3DS version 

Message 28 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

May 10, 2012

What is the point?. why wouldn't Crapcom release a truly full game without any kind of DLC, i mean SFxTEkken, Disc locked content and DLC gems realy? NEW version of our game? back in the old SF3, i don't see any kind of extra character to be put in my games.But let;s talk about DLC character : FF character is ok but they have DIssiadia, which is their own brawler, Snake should be in this and i don;t care if he was on the 3DS, that's just a dumb remake of our beloved PS2 version, as for Dante, i have the feeling they will put Crappy-NT Dante here instead of our Dante since Kratos took his place as the guy with most move in this game as well as him being in UMVC3, i think Parappa is in this game, there a gameplay trailer that have him.

I love Adam Levine
Message 29 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

May 11, 2012

KhoaISKira wrote:

What is the point?. why wouldn't Crapcom release a truly full game without any kind of DLC, i mean SFxTEkken, Disc locked content and DLC gems realy? NEW version of our game? back in the old SF3, i don't see any kind of extra character to be put in my games.But let;s talk about DLC character : FF character is ok but they have DIssiadia, which is their own brawler, Snake should be in this and i don;t care if he was on the 3DS, that's just a dumb remake of our beloved PS2 version, as for Dante, i have the feeling they will put Crappy-NT Dante here instead of our Dante since Kratos took his place as the guy with most move in this game as well as him being in UMVC3, i think Parappa is in this game, there a gameplay trailer that have him.

Incorrect, there were 3 version of Street Fighter 3. Street Fighter 3, Street Fighter 3 Second Impact, and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. Akuma, Hugo and Urien were not added untill Second Impact. Chun li, Makoto, Q, Remy, and Twelve were not added until Third Strike.

Capcom releases their fighting games like they did aracde releases. Everyone complained when they made super street fighter VI  and they didnt make it DLC and everyone complainned when they did Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and it wasn't DLC even though they have been doing things as not DLC.

Also a lot of DLC regaurdless of when it comes out is started during the game's initial production its easier to have what is started on the disk already for them to finish later, that way they can have a smaller download size when they finally finish the DLC and release it

Message 30 of 77 (98 Views)
0 Likes