Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 20 2012
By: blazingkite Lombax Warrior 259 posts

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion

[ Edited ]
76 replies 1081 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

The most anticipated rumored Playstation game of the year. Which means how will games story, gameplay, game modes, mechanics, balances, roster, stages, and weapon selections will be. IF this game is currently in development my only concern is that the gameplay will play much like Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Don't get me wrong I played SSB, Melee and Brawl fun games. Now Nintendo is looking towards Capcom for guidance to make their next SSB installment. Without of doubt Capcom has become a Fighting Game Genre King. With many Fight Games titles Capcom has under it's belt, it confuses me why Sony or the Developers are looking to SSB and not one of many of Capcom titles for ideas. Mainly one specific Capcom franchise Power Stone.

Capcom's Power Stone franchise is one of best and underplayed Capcom titles to be conceived. The main elements Capcom focuses in their fighting games is gameplay, game modes, mechanics, and rosters. Power Stone is no different, unique characters, brilliant stages, non-stop action, and a myriad of weapons to use and create. Yes create, Power Stone gave you an option to collect to create and make NEW weapons to unlock and use. Stages that move the combatants from one area to the next location, environmental attacks, pole attacks, pole jumps, wall attacks, wall jumps, breakable objects as weapons and one plain stage. In case players didn't like environmental attacks. I encourage readers to google or youtube Power Stone 2 not the first but the second installment of Power Stone after reading this topic.

The stage is Cargo Plane gameplay inspired by Power Stone 2. Inside is Nathan Drake, Cole McGrath, Ethan Mars, and Sweet Tooth. Once the game cuts to one another to introduce themselves along with their one-liners the game starts "GO!". Imagine any Playstation franchise signature weapon in the Cargo Plane being used to win the fight. As one minute passes the Cargo Plane begin to break into pieces the combatants get sucked out and begin to fall. Free falling 10,000 miles in the air at 5,000 miles two cargo crates appear. Now the combatants fight for these crates for safety as the remaining to will fall to receive damage and land in New Marais to finish the fight. All inspired by Power Stone 2.

If this gem is being made I hope they take their time to make this product and look to Capcom not SSB. Thank you for viewing or reading this summary please rate this and add your comments, discussions, thoughts, inputs, chats, arguments or trolling below. I look forward to conversate with you.

The Last Lone Wolf Vandalier
Message 1 of 77 (1,081 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Re: Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion

Apr 22, 2012

One mode I've never seen done is 1v3 matches. Make this mode into RANK and PLAYER matches. 1v3 matches online should made for that cocky individual that can take on 3 at once. The reward is earning 3x's points to his/her points. If that individual lose he/she loses 3x's the points BUT it should be worth the amount for the 3 man team. Of course there should be RANKED Free for All, 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, and 1v3  and PLAYER would have the same as RANKED mode.

Message 2 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Apr 22, 2012

I don't really play alot of exclusives (other than Disgaea & MGS), so I would be almost completely unfamiliar with any potential additions to the roster. At times like this, I wish Crash Bandicoot was still an exclusive. Hopefully we get some info (and hopefully a gameplay trailer) at E3.

Message 3 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Apr 23, 2012

You can expect some characters from NIS to be in PASBR. The only thing will it be for Orbis as a launch title. To be honest I really hope they take all the time in all world with this diamond of a game.

Message 4 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Apr 23, 2012

Someone else to add to the PASBR roster is Old Snake from MGS4. Plus Sackboy has a costume for Old Snake make even more sense since Sackboy is the New Kirby. Also Stage concept ideas the game should have is a Journey and Flower stages would be gorgeous.

Message 5 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 27, 2012

In the video you can see Sackboy's Pop-it changing the background of the level. ALSO there was a level based on the first world of LittleBigPlanet (first one). No sackboy, but there's still reference of him in there. I wonder if they will add him...

Message 6 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
258 posts

Apr 27, 2012

I hope crash, lara croft, and a Final Fantasy Character that isn't from 13

Message 7 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Apr 28, 2012

I both agree and disagree with @blazingkite, in terms of how this game should've been approached. In regards of what the game should be modeled like, I agree that SONY should've went with something more along the lines of Power Stone in terms of enivronments. However, battle wise is where I disagree, the game should've been something close to Gekido: Urban Fighters. The battle sysytem of Power Stone is way too easy, get the power stones and attack (which conitnues in a repetitive cycle). In the game I suggested, you build up your super move attacks by hitting your opponent, much like a 2D fighting game. There aren't any cheap tactics that can be pulled, it's actually a test of each players skill.

That being said, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is not a fighting game, it's a brawler, which is what Super Smash Bros is. Both games are platformer based, which is basically along the lines of Mario games. Fighting games have no such quality, the plane in which the characters fight is leveled, meaning the characters don't/can't jump from ledges or be above or below their opponents.

As for characters, since Superbot's stated that they will incorporate classic Playstation characters as well as some 3rd party ones into the game, my picks would have to be:

1st party: Classic

Tomba (seems like no one remembers him)

Dart (The Legend Of Dragoon)

Lylod (The Legend Of Dragoon)

Jersey Devil

Vahn (Legend Of Legaia)

Omega Boost

Main Character (Intelligent Cube)

1st party: Current Gen

Keats (Folklore)

Ellen (Folklore)

Yoshitsune (Genji: Days Of the Blade)

3rd Party: Classic (helped define the original Playstation)

Lara Croft

Squall

Cloud

Sephiroth

Chris Redfeild

Jill Valentine

Barry Burton

Rebecca Chambers

Ryu (Breath Of Fire)

3rd party: Current Gen

Alex Mercer

Fugue (Eternal Sonata)

Akiyama (Yakuza 4)

Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza Series)

That's all I can think of at the moment, truthfully though, this game would have been better suited for last gen. The PS2 had so many exclusive games, compared to this gen.

I stand in the moonlit dawn,

Free from clouds of attachment.

-Uesugi Kenshin
Message 8 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Special Moves are only way to K.O another player. No penalty for taking normal damage... Why dodge or play defensively when you wont even die no matter how much damage you take!

This game NEEDS a health/percentage count.

From the recent videos of Playstation All Stars, you can notice there is no health/percentage amount of damage you can take to K.O other players with their normal moves. That my friend, is a problem. All this game will be, is a race to see who gets their meter filled to Level 1, Level 2, or Level 3 to perform Special Moves to get the K.Os. If we want them to change this, we need to act now. Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale will be the PS3's next huge exclusive and we cant let something like this ruin it.

Message 9 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Apr 29, 2012

Wow. Thanks ColdKilla... you  opened up my eyes. Now, I just hope for team battles, spectactor mode, level creator, and a theatre mode to watch our recent games.

Message 10 of 77 (1,080 Views)
0 Likes