Nov 21 2012
By: UnchartedFan12 I Only Post Everything 1211 posts

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 What We Want

59 replies 4329 views Edited Nov 21, 2012
Well I would say that we all want a improved story mode something like the Subspace Emissary I mean this is only the first in a possible trilogy of game's for All-Stars and should they make a second one I would want all the characters from this game to come back along with some new face and at the end of the day Smash Bros did not get a story mode till its third game Brawl so I guess it's just a matter of greatness from small beginnings
Message 1 of 60 (4,329 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 What We Want

Nov 21, 2012
The Subspace Emissary sucked! Please no.....
Message 2 of 60 (4,324 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I'd would've just rather seen a build up between Rivals and an actual story. And have Somehow Ratchet could've went to Jak's world and they would've met there and have it all in video. 

Photobucket
Message 3 of 60 (4,313 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Nov 21, 2012
A good roster

Message 4 of 60 (4,297 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 21, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:
A good roster
You want a perfect roster, which isn't even possible for Sony to pulloff. As it stands, the roster IS good. Lacking? Maybe.
Message 5 of 60 (4,290 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Nov 21, 2012

They can stick with the rivarlies, but putting more of a depth story

OR

They can do like mortal kombat 9, with both story and arcade

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 6 of 60 (4,277 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 21, 2012

barker09 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:
A good roster
You want a perfect roster, which isn't even possible for Sony to pulloff. As it stands, the roster IS good. Lacking? Maybe.

It's good & not lacking. They were able to get known Playstation characters from PS1, PS2, and PS3. Did they miss any important 1st Party Characters? Not that I'm aware.

The roster is great because it has IPs of 1st Party Characters. The people who want a better roster are ones who want 3rd Party Characters which includes..... well, the obvious whose been requested along with the others.

If it didn't have "Sackboy", then yes, the roster is lacking. If the roster didn't have "Fat Princess", the roster would still be fine. They wanted the actual 1st Party Characters, they got them. Let's mention another game like SSB and it was a fine roster on N64, GCN, and even on Wii. What would people expect? Mario characters, which ended as the one with most reps.

Another game like Street Fighter x Tekken, they wanted to get the important needed SF & TK Chars & they did. All SF2 Chars (excluding DLC & Cast of SF2 is Popular than Blanka/E. Honda), the certain SFIV chars & same goes for Tekken.

Most people who say the roster isn't that great are ones who didn't get their favorite in it (Ex. A lot of people didn't get Crash, a 3rd Party). I didn't get my favorite SF char in SFxTK, yet, I found the roster awesome (+ DLC).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 7 of 60 (4,276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 21, 2012

How about a 1v1 online mode??

Still holding out hope that they will patch it in for this game though...I HOPE I don't have to wait until the sequel!

Message 8 of 60 (4,260 Views)
Wastelander
646 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Wesley37 wrote:

barker09 wrote:

ihatemath113 wrote:
A good roster

It's good & not lacking. They were able to get known Playstation characters from PS1, PS2, and PS3. Did they miss any important 1st Party Characters? Not that I'm aware.

The roster is great because it has IPs of 1st Party Characters. The people who want a better roster are ones who want 3rd Party Characters which includes..... well, the obvious whose been requested along with the others.

If it didn't have "Sackboy", then yes, the roster is lacking. If the roster didn't have "Fat Princess", the roster would still be fine. They wanted the actual 1st Party Characters, they got them. Let's mention another game like SSB and it was a fine roster on N64, GCN, and even on Wii. What would people expect? Mario characters, which ended as the one with most reps.

Another game like Street Fighter x Tekken, they wanted to get the important needed SF & TK Chars & they did. All SF2 Chars (excluding DLC & Cast of SF2 is Popular than Blanka/E. Honda), the certain SFIV chars & same goes for Tekken.

Most people who say the roster isn't that great are ones who didn't get their favorite in it (Ex. A lot of people didn't get Crash, a 3rd Party). I didn't get my favorite SF char in SFxTK, yet, I found the roster awesome (+ DLC).

It was not about people's favorites, it was about what represented PlayStation history, I love One Piece, but I scoffed every time someone reccomended Luffy, "he doesn't belong in this game."

If this was a game of just First-Party characters, I would agree with you, but they opened a can of worms when they said they would have third-party characters. Just as people said "Oh, Nathan Drake and Ratchet are natural choices" when it was thought that it would just be first-party, when we knew that third-party was happening, people thought, "Oh, well Crash Bandicoot and Cloud Strife are natural choices." Instead we got two characters from unreleased games and a relatively new character that is just as much Xbox as PlayStation, Heihachi is fine I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, the roster is serviceable, but not great. Just my opinion of course.

Message 9 of 60 (4,249 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Nov 21, 2012
IMO, they did miss some important first parties. Three I can think of. Two were just announced as DLC and the third is a character from Resistance
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patches the Hyena (Dark/Demon's Souls) for All-Stars! His level three could have the player leave the match, enter a random match, and get one-hit-one-kill's on everybody! xD
Message 10 of 60 (4,218 Views)
0 Likes