Splicer
51 posts

Re: Playin the classics

Sep 6, 2012

ahh yes, FFVII, that's another one i got, not really in anticipation for PSABR, since we don't know if he'll be there, but just because I wanted to see what all the fuss is about. I gotta say, i'm only in disc 1 and the story is pretty good man....that's the main thing keeping me going.
i don't know how this is in terms of progress, but being 10 hrs in and only in the first disc tells me the game is far from over haha

-------------------------------------------------------
My plumbing is all screwed up. Because it turns out, I do not own a garbage disposal.
Message 11 of 24 (52 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Z112_23 wrote:

ahh yes, FFVII, that's another one i got, not really in anticipation for PSABR, since we don't know if he'll be there, but just because I wanted to see what all the fuss is about. I gotta say, i'm only in disc 1 and the story is pretty good man....that's the main thing keeping me going.
i don't know how this is in terms of progress, but being 10 hrs in and only in the first disc tells me the game is far from over haha

22 for disc 1.  xD sidequest take up to 100 . . .

Smiley Very Happy if you wanna breed chocobos. . ., and one tipp, use a guide, or you'll miss massiv of content. xD

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 12 of 24 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Z112_23 wrote:

Don't worry too much about your time in relation to progress.  Eventually, you'll want to explore/do sidequests/level up and your time becomes irrelevant as a gauge.

I don't even remember my time on VII.  I beat it but I don't know how long in (70?  80ish?) and I know I didn't do a lot of stuff.

Message 13 of 24 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

in reply to trujuju_91...

daaaaaaamn, that's cool though. knowing I have a lot more to do is somehow motivating instead of discouraging.

and so far I haven't used a guide, but i'll take your suggestion. being only 10 hrs in, I doubt i missed much. thanks.

My plumbing is all screwed up. Because it turns out, I do not own a garbage disposal.
Message 14 of 24 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Trujuju_91 wrote:

and one tipp, use a guide, or you'll miss massiv of content. xD

This is why I wish older RPGs had a New Game+ feature.  I find myself 'researching' to see if there is anything missable in an RPG and then plan accordingly.  I like to do as much as I can in one save (roughly 90%, including side quests and optional bosses, ultimate gear, etc.).  It's annoying to try and keep up and manage the stuff but I fall victim to it regardless Smiley Very Happy  If I end up missing something, it such a blow to me continuing oddly enough.

Message 15 of 24 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Sep 6, 2012

As of late I've started playing on my PS1

Twisted Metal 2

Crash Bandicoot

Spyro 2

Blasto

T'ai Fu

Soul Reaver

Gex: Enter the Gecko

Gex

And on PS2

Twisted Metal Head On

Sly Cooper

Jak & Daxter

Jak II

Playstation sig
Message 16 of 24 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Z112_23 wrote:

daaaaaaamn, that's cool though. knowing I have a lot more to do is somehow motivating instead of discouraging.

and so far I haven't used a guide, but i'll take your suggestion. being only 10 hrs in, I doubt i missed much. thanks.

10 hrs in you should be good.  It's usually with RPGs when you hit kind of the middle that there is sometimes some foundation laid for some near end game secret quest that you may end up missing out on cause you didn't do or missed something around the middle.

Message 17 of 24 (35 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Z112_23 wrote:

xD in this game is even a dating system your going trough atm. Smiley Very Happy sth like that you missed out. But yeah the most powerfull things, you can do are on disc 2 in the mid. Beside, there are 2 optional characters you can collect. Smiley Very Happy And Hidden Items even on disc one.

A guide is pretty wise  , anyway, i dont wanna bother the other ones here. Have fun with the game. ;P

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 18 of 24 (33 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Sep 6, 2012

SlashZaku wrote:

Trujuju_91 wrote:

and one tipp, use a guide, or you'll miss massiv of content. xD

This is why I wish older RPGs had a New Game+ feature.  I find myself 'researching' to see if there is anything missable in an RPG and then plan accordingly.  I like to do as much as I can in one save (roughly 90%, including side quests and optional bosses, ultimate gear, etc.).  It's annoying to try and keep up and manage the stuff but I fall victim to it regardless Smiley Very Happy  If I end up missing something, it such a blow to me continuing oddly enough.

haha yes, on my first playtrough i thought, well you did pretty good. The second one took me double the lengh. . . I was shoocked on that moment Smiley Very Happy.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 19 of 24 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

In reply to SlashZaku...

yea i know as time goes by, the time i spent in game will be meaningless and instead, what I have accomplished will be the true gauge of progess. and I like to explore and do sidequests so that kind of stuff won't be tedious, or at least, not at first.

Message 20 of 24 (29 Views)
0 Likes