Oct 25 2012
By: Kennykazey First Son 3 posts

Players with same char are too similar.

9 replies 249 views Edited Oct 25, 2012

There's probably already a thread on this subject already, but I couldn't find it, so here goes;

When multiple players use the same characters they need to be strongly distinguished. The "P1"-tags aren't enough as you don't always know what number you are when playing online as it changes for every match. This morning I played an online match in the beta as Fat Princess against a second Fat Princess, one was pink the other white (which is fine), but I was "P4" and the other player was "P1"... in a two player match (as other players where sort of in the lobby I guess, but still...)!

But my main complaint comes from how it seems characters are given a random colour scheme when there are multiple of the same one. I was in a match where there was one Kratos with white skin and red stripes, and one with white skin and darker red stripes... This is just stupid! There should be four very different colour schemes for each character, that are applied for such situations.

Message 1 of 10 (249 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Re: Players with same char are too similar.

Oct 25, 2012

Kennykazey wrote:

There's probably already a thread on this subject already, but I couldn't find it, so here goes;

When multiple players use the same characters they need to be strongly distinguished. The "P1"-tags aren't enough as you don't always know what number you are when playing online as it changes for every match. This morning I played an online match in the beta as Fat Princess against a second Fat Princess, one was pink the other white (which is fine), but I was "P4" and the other player was "P1"... in a two player match (as other players where sort of in the lobby I guess, but still...)!

But my main complaint comes from how it seems characters are given a random colour scheme when there are multiple of the same one. I was in a match where there was one Kratos with white skin and red stripes, and one with white skin and darker red stripes... This is just stupid! There should be four very different colour schemes for each character, that are applied for such situations.

The P4 default kratos is that lighter toned one you were referring to. he kinda like the opposite of fear kratos (black kratos). i will agree that it can be confusing with basically regular kratos, and slightly whiter kratos Smiley Tongue. Dont worry, come launch i doubt you will ever see  kratos' anyways. And if you do, there will be 4 completely different costumes for him. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I agree that the alternate colors need to me much more distinguishable, but with that said, in the full game there will be alternate costumes as well, each featuring their own uniquie alternate colors too.

So players will be able to distinguish themselves in the full game.. or at least I hope they will.

Message 3 of 10 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 25, 2012
I do hope the final game will be better, as the beta has sold me on it, but there just seems to be some missing common-sense logic. Having a slight change in colour-tone be the seperating element baffles me, who thought that was a good idea?
Message 4 of 10 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Considering I saw Dante's full alt costumes recently, I can say his won't be a problem. Kratos' 4th color was a stupid, stupid idea though.

Message 5 of 10 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 25, 2012

radec second costume is the most similar to the original i have ever seen its very hard to diferenciate only the complete red radec is diferent imo

Message 6 of 10 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Oct 25, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

radec second costume is the most similar to the original i have ever seen its very hard to diferenciate only the complete red radec is diferent imo

Yeah, with radec they put a little bit of white on him, and with kratos they changed the red stripe to blue.

They aren't very helpful changes at all. The Red radec and black kratos though are good alternate colors. As well as all of the Parappa the Rapper color changes.

Parappa

Message 7 of 10 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Oct 25, 2012
P4 Radec is easy to see. Being bright gold and everything.
Message 8 of 10 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Oct 25, 2012
Actually ... they always give you(the player) the original color ..... but your opponents see the opposite color .... you will never see yourself as the other color ... at least for the beta anyway.
Message 9 of 10 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Oct 25, 2012
They could have made kratos have a green stripe. Costume unlocks will not be a problem dont worry, just keep track of what you are right before the match. Keep saying "Ok 3p green, 3p green" or something like that
http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 10 of 10 (139 Views)
0 Likes