Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Players are just going to switch to Ratchet, Radec, Nariko and Sly after the nerf hammer.

Dec 30, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

dunboody wrote:
I feel like a better model for a balanced character might be Good or Evil Cole. Their ranged attacks are easier to land and thus build less AP then there melee attacks. Their supers for each level are reasonable. And they aren't irritating as hell to go up against.

Until you realize that both of them can set up a cheap Lv 1 kill

E.Cole, yes, cheap lvl 1 kill,

G.Cole, no, if you're refering to his ice rocket,

it's way effing slower than the giga punch,

and also, to the OP, those chars aren't exactly spam chars, except Radec, and you'd be one hell of a bad player if you can dodge/block his sniper...

Play For Fun!
Message 11 of 29 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Re: Players are just going to switch to Ratchet, Radec, Nariko and Sly after the nerf hammer.

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

achus93again wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

dunboody wrote:
I feel like a better model for a balanced character might be Good or Evil Cole. Their ranged attacks are easier to land and thus build less AP then there melee attacks. Their supers for each level are reasonable. And they aren't irritating as hell to go up against.

and also, to the OP, those chars aren't exactly spam chars, except Radec, and you'd be one hell of a bad player if you can dodge/block his sniper...

Good Cole players can get you in that Ice Skate across stage + 3 or 4 hit combo + Ice Rocket + R2 within a matter of just a few seconds. The Ice Rocket setup is something I've been killed by in succession numerous time

Message 12 of 29 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 30, 2012

When did they say they were going to definitely NERF those three characters?  I know they said a while back that they were looking at fixing some loops and balancing some characters (never did they put Drake and balance explicitly in the same sentence, to my knowledge), but I don't recall a follow-up.  Also, even if these balances go through, we've seen that they're going to be slight, not nerf-tier.  Sackboy was only slightly changed, and it balanced him and somehow also scared off all the Sackboy spammers.  However, Sackboy is no Kratos or Raiden.  Most people play these characters not because they're OP, but because they're easy to learn.  The spammers will go away, but many of those players are just...players.  These people won't migrate to another character so easily.

And even if they do migrate, that's not a problem.  We've already seen Radec and Sly spam come and go without a problem.  Nariko spam is already in its starting phases, too.  But all three of these characters have definitive spammable moves.  Ratchet really doesn't.  There is no one best move for Ratchet.  If more people ues him, they have to memorize twenty moves to be good.  Spamming his side-triangle won't do anything, because there's a such thing as jumping.  If some people do start maining him, it'll only mean more Ratchet strategies, not really a Ratchet spam problem, because as a character he's one of the more balanced ones.

And besides, this is how a fighting game evolves.  Even if all four characters become spammed heavily (I'd doubt more than one does at this point), their time will come too.  Acting like this game is any different form other fighting games or like this is a new thing isn't really fair to PSAS.  

Last but not least, why, exactly, would people spam those four characters when they have likely THE biggest spam character on their hands (when this patch rolls out) in Kat, and even Emmett?  That makes no sense.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 13 of 29 (251 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 30, 2012
You see Kat and Emmett being spam characters? I don't really think Kat will have a super spammable move at all, and I think the most we're going to see out of Emmett in terms of spamming is some really heavy turtling, but that's all.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 14 of 29 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 30, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

achus93again wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

dunboody wrote:

Good Cole players can get you in that Ice Skate across stage + 3 or 4 hit combo + Ice Rocket + R2 within a matter of just a few seconds. The Ice Rocket setup is something I've been killed by in succession numerous time

good Cole players or G.Cole players?

'cause i've never used that, and they always use that combo?

not to mention, using a combo is anything but cheap...

Play For Fun!
Message 15 of 29 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Ratchet is a good character, he has some good moves with no obvious best, a great level one and okay level two and three. He has a setup for his level one, for those who don't know it involves his grab. Ratchet is balanced but could use some tweaks, I won't get into detail. I don't see why people would migrate to him after the nerf because of his cheapness.

Nariko is totally balanced. Her combos are hard and rewarding. She has a poor level one, okay level two and a great level three. Her down circle (swords coming up out of the ground) sets up for combos but leaves her wide open, which is a fair trade. It would be nice to see more of her.

Sly needs a nerf himself. His numbers are already growing.

Radec is hard to use. His sniper spam is only effective in 2v2s but still isn't always great with more vertical stages. His sniper is easy to avoid 1 to 1 but still I could see people migrating to him.

Message 16 of 29 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
939 posts

Dec 30, 2012

dissagree Radec isnt that great and Nariko has a great level 1 her level 2 is pretty easy to dodge.

www.facebook.com/SonyTitleFight
 photo 893036_607240892638255_764515088_o1_zpsdc2e5a86.jpg
Message 17 of 29 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Salvy35z add me and I'll show you radec can be pretty **bleep** good 1v1
Message 18 of 29 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Dec 30, 2012

achus93again wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

achus93again wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

dunboody wrote:

I mean good Good (not Evil) Cole. I have nothing against combos, but when you come across people who only use them for setting up Supers and just spam 1 or 2 other attacks the rest of the time irks me

Message 19 of 29 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 30, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

achus93again wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

achus93again wrote:

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

dunboody wrote:

I mean good Good (not Evil) Cole. I have nothing against combos, but when you come across people who only use them for setting up Supers and just spam 1 or 2 other attacks the rest of the time irks me

so the dude was spamming a whole combo?

geeze, like he doesn't have any other comboes to use,

well, you won't catch me using that, too long for my taste, i'm not really good with comboes either,

my go to combo for G.Cole is a simple Ice Pillar, then lightning tether with a simple nuetral square combo....

Play For Fun!
Message 20 of 29 (136 Views)
0 Likes