Dec 30 2013
By: dunboody Splicer 67 posts

Players are just going to switch to Ratchet, Radec, Nariko and Sly after the nerf hammer.

28 replies 595 views Edited Dec 30, 2012

There are some serious balancing issues in this game. Superbot announced plans to nerf Drake, Kratos, and Raiden (thank God). However, people will just end up switching over to the next best thing:

Ratchet- Has great supers and can spam his pistols and rocket launcher.

Radec- Can sit in the corner and snipe everyone

Nariko- Only good super is level 3, but she has great combos and great range in her attacks

Sly- His level 1 super is the best in the game, and his level 2 and 3 are also extraordinary. That one dodge and counter move he has is also broken.

Yes, the nerf will certainly help, and it will be nice to not run into Raiden and Kratos in every online match, but there's still some serious balancing issues. No matter how good you are with Jak, Big Daddy, or Sir Dan, you will still be at a disadvantage for simply using a character who has difficulty executing combos, building AP, etc.

Message 1 of 29 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Re: Players are just going to switch to Ratchet, Radec, Nariko and Sly after the nerf hammer.

Dec 30, 2012

Ratchet should be the standard for character balancing in this game. No one attack gains rediculous AP, and alternatively, no one attack is completely useless. His Supers range from great to alright, and he isn't a character that can combo into a Lv 1. They should use him as the template for fixing everyone else.

Message 2 of 29 (584 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Players are just going to switch to Ratchet, Radec, Nariko and Sly after the nerf hammer.

Dec 30, 2012
I don't use Drake all that often but why is he getting nerfed?
Message 3 of 29 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Dec 30, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:
I don't use Drake all that often but why is he getting nerfed?

I don't think Drake needs a nerf all that much, but they really need to do something about that stupid barrel. A 1.5 second animation of him knocking it over before kicking it, or only being able to use it while planted on the ground or a longer cooldown for the **bleep** thing... These are just a few examples

Message 4 of 29 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Lol radec is easily the worst character in this game, why would anyone switch to him?
Message 5 of 29 (570 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I disagree with the ground only thing. His air barrel covers a good air-to-air angle that he would hurt a little without. But it does need a nerf, I can agree with that.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 6 of 29 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

*edit* Talking about Ratchet here, replying to that post above... I'm new to this site.

A few of his attacks are pretty useless. His down triangle where he shoots out the razor disks is useless- it builds no AP and doesn't work into any of his combos. Also, that one electric mine move is useless- it's a pain to set up, doesn't last long, and can easily be broken.

Also, his pistols build AP pretty easily relative to most of his other attacks, and thus are spammed consistently by Ratchet users.

I feel like a better model for a balanced character might be Good or Evil Cole. Their ranged attacks are easier to land and thus build less AP then there melee attacks. Their supers for each level are reasonable. And they aren't irritating as hell to go up against.

Message 7 of 29 (551 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Dec 30, 2012

dunboody wrote:
I feel like a better model for a balanced character might be Good or Evil Cole. Their ranged attacks are easier to land and thus build less AP then there melee attacks. Their supers for each level are reasonable. And they aren't irritating as hell to go up against.

Until you realize that both of them can set up a cheap Lv 1 kill

Message 8 of 29 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Dec 30, 2012
You don't find evil Cole annoying?! And, the buzz blades are useful for stunning your enemies, making it easier to lay down Tesla spikes that, btw, are very useful.
Every move is useful, good ap gain is nothing without good technique.
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 9 of 29 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Why do you consider a level 1 setup cheap?
Message 10 of 29 (533 Views)
0 Likes