Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Played this game at friends house

Jan 6, 2013
Anyway, my point was that there are comparisons to be drawn to other fighting games. This one is no different from literally any fighting game series in how it has and likely will develop, and to expect more from it because every other fighting game series has already been established for years and has the time to add miscellaneous stuff is unfair to say the least. I can make similar points towards any first-in-series fighting game (or any game at all, for that matter), but because those games are later in their lifespans people tend to forget where they started. The complaints about Battle Royale's content will cease in three years when PSAS2 launches and has much more to it, because it'll evolve just like every series ever.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 21 of 25 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8938 posts

Jan 6, 2013
^ This
 photo 377A5ECF-76AC-41F8-B28D-4FFED14AE01C_zps4n43wawk.jpg
Message 22 of 25 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Jan 6, 2013

...so much superbot brownnosing...

Message 23 of 25 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Nick930930 wrote:

...so much superbot brownnosing...

If that's what you want to call it, sure.  I'm doing exactly what I would do, and have done, for literally any new-series game that gets trashed for not lcompeting with its high-budget, high-devteam-size counterparts, though.  Speaking of those high-budget counterparts, did you know that Brawl took 400 people three years to develop, even with an established engine and over 20 characters that were barely changed from Melee?  Or that Soul Calibur 5 had a 200+ person dev team (IIRC, it may be a bit lower, though), and that game had a VERY lackluster story and was a disappointment on nearly every level?  Meanwhile, Battle Royale had about 50 full-time workers, and in that same three year-span it took Nintendo on Brawl, created 20 characters and the entire game from scratch, only given the Bluepoint physics engine.

When you put everything in perspective, Battle Royale accomplishes just as much as any fighting game could under the circumstances.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 24 of 25 (55 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Gotta give him a hand for the very mature response.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 25 of 25 (48 Views)
0 Likes