Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Re: Played this game at friends house

Jan 6, 2013

Don't really care whether or not it's first of its kind or whatever.. I'm not giving any courtesy points for it being brand new.. it's a game lol

I remember playing Tekken 3 years back and there being sooooooooooooooo much to do, with cool cutscenes to unlock, lots and lots of secret characters, arcade modes.. all kinds of stuff.

But this game..... their cutscenes are god damned screenshots..... I mean cmon.. it feels so sleezy and cheap..

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 25 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Yeah this game is extremly boring without options or choises. Lets play some generic fps. *rolleyes*
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 25 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Choices*

and yeah actually both call of duty and battlefield are far superior than this game.. Idk why.. but this time a shooter actually does have more choices than a fighting game... pretty disappointing if you ask me...

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 25 (78 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Divine pretty much nailed it. It's all about sales and money and contracts and bull sheat. This game is pretty awesome compared to some flaws. Look at it as cheap, or look at it as kill or be killed. I think SB did pretty danm good job for its first game and I've heard rumors about a sequel already. I'd love to see a FF7 rep too... You can thank the greedy turds at Sony
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 25 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Let me paraphrase Insomniac for my response to that: The first game is where you establish the mechanics, the second game is where you perfect them, and the third game is where you go crazy with adding extra, unneeded stuff. Tekken 1 was a mediocre game. Street Fighter 1 sucked. Tekken and SF2 were MUCH better, because the mechanics were pretty much perfected. And then both added a lot of miscellaneous stuff in the third game. The exact same applies to Smash Bros., as well.

If you don't account for variables like dev team size (the Tekken team is notoriously pretty large) and past experience with the series, yeah, you could say PSAS has little in it, but when literally every other game ever in the genre is exactly the same, the comparison isn't really all that valid.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 25 (71 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8120 posts

Jan 6, 2013
The story mode has never been a selling point for any fighting game. EVER.

It's always been about the gameplay, which I think SB nailed.
 photo 4E141DBD-1A15-41B2-8D2A-CF1BB69B831A_zpsddamomtr.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 25 (68 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

They can go by the book, or they can be creative and go above and beyond to make a game that's genuinly good. Like I said, there's no sympathy points just because it's their first game.

Fact of the matter is, this game feels more like a downloadable PSN game than a full game. Even the boss felt like it was taped on at the very end of the developmental process... "Oh no i have been beaten aaaah"

And true the story mode wasn't the most important part.. but it shows when they don't even try at ALL. The gameplay isn't creative, it's not too different from nintendo's brawler games..  so the only good thing they did has already been done before..

Therefore the only thing that makes this game unique is the character selection.. which is good.. not amazing or great.. just..good.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 25 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 6, 2013
I think Mortal Kombat was the first time I enjoyed a story mode in a game, but it's the 9th entry in the series, so these kind of expansions/improvements are feasible and expected.

What's done is done with this game in my opinion, what you see is what you get. There will be a few more characters + stages via DLC & possibly some existing mode variants brought to online play, but that's it for now.

I'm fine with it - it's a party game that I enjoy playing with my friends, same as SSB (the latest entry has a lot more content sure, but I still only play it with my friends, the extra content is just...there). I think a sequel is inevitable, and I hope Sony and other third party devs back it up, and allow it to expand further to add more meat to its bone. I'll still play it the same way I play SSB & PSABR, but it gives people the illusion of an incentive to carry on playing, similar to trophies - when ultimately, you're (or should be) playing for fun.

*Save the '___ is broken', 'glitches', 'lag' etc talk, not really interested - if you're not having fun, don't play the game and definitely don't come on here to rant about it to those who do enjoy it. Criticisms are fair, but harassing the devs, the game and the forum members about it achieves nothing*

Last part not intended to anyone who's already posted, simply to those who may want to quote me on a point.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 25 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 6, 2013
By the way, HUGE correction - MK was the first time I enjoyed the story mode of a FIGHTING game haha.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 25 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Nick930930 wrote:

They can go by the book, or they can be creative and go above and beyond to make a game that's genuinly good. Like I said, there's no sympathy points just because it's their first game.

Fact of the matter is, this game feels more like a downloadable PSN game than a full game. Even the boss felt like it was taped on at the very end of the developmental process... "Oh no i have been beaten aaaah"

Master Hand

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 25 (61 Views)
0 Likes