Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Played the demo at Gamestop yesterday.

Sep 13, 2012
Hey, so was the character section just those four characters? And when you chose one did it automatically make the cpus choose the other three?

Message 11 of 24 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 13, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:
Hey, so was the character section just those four characters? And when you chose one did it automatically make the cpus choose the other three?

Yeah just those four characters, and once you picked who you wanted the CPU played as the others, no dupicate characters.

Message 12 of 24 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Cool, thanks. And there was no way to choose difficulty or anything?

Oh also was there any items not in the beta?

Strange choice of characters for the demo but awesome that you got to play as them!

Message 13 of 24 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Sep 13, 2012
No difficulty to choose from and the characters were not exactly the hardest and they only used there level 1 supers.. Only items i saw was the Spear of Destiny, RPG, and the that grenade.
Message 14 of 24 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Ok thanks! I called 5 gamestop stores around me and none of them had it, bummer

Message 15 of 24 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Sep 13, 2012
Thanks for your impressions. I'm a bit more interested in Jak now.
Message 16 of 24 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Rammel29 wrote:

I posted some impressions at Gamefaqs yesterday of my time playing the demo thought I would share it with you fine folks herre as well.

The Gamestop in Mall of America, Minnesota had the demo there to my surprise, really wasn't expecting it. I must of play at least 12 or more matches really awesome experience since this was my first time ever playing the game. 

The game was labeled Playstation All Stars Demo Kiosk and it featured Jak & Daxter, Big Daddy, Kratos, and Parappa in a 3 minute free for all against CPU's (another user could have play as well). I mostly used Jak and Big Daddy since I like those characters the most. 

First, the demo just throws you in there and not really telling you how to play so when I first used Jak I got my **bleep** handed to me, it took me until the third match to get use to the game mechanics but once you do the CPU is pretty manageable and you can easily destroy the CPU using Kratos since he is really good too good actually. 

As for the characters Jak is not a pick up and play character, I can see some newbies getting turned off from his zoning keep away tactics he isn't a long range character but certainly not close range either. After using Jak for a few times I got use to him and was able to hold my own but I still don't feel confident with him. Jak builds up AP fast and his level three is really amazing I would say it has the potential to be the most visually appealing super in the game. 

Second, character I used was Big Daddy and he is another character that takes some time to get used to, I only won one match when using him. However, I can say yes he is a slow but he is pretty awesome and I love his moves. His charge move is his bread and butter since it lets him move quicker and some of his plasmid moves really help stabilize characters. I never got to see his level 3 since his builds meter really slow after level two.

Last thing I will mention for now is that CPU Kratos is kind of tough manly because he only uses his level one and at really unpredictable times. Many of the CPU characters only used level one supers but I feel that might only be because the match was three minutes. 

Here is a some quick notes for those who don't want to read all of that:

1) Demo was at Mall of America Gamestop.
2) Featured Big Daddy, Jak & Daxter, Kratos, and Parappa the Rapper.
3) Only featured two stages, Hades and Metropolis.
4) Free 4 All against CPU's 3 Minute match
5) CPU opponent's mostly used level 1 supers and put up a respectable challenge.
6) CPU Kratos is truly the a God of War really unpredictable and hard to tell when he is going to use his level 1 super, I am assuming that might change the more you get use to the game.
7) Jak's level 3 awesome very satisfying super.

I have more I could say but if anyone want's to ask more questions let me know.

Thanks for the input, Im a true J&D fan. I love and play his games all the time. I wasnt going to get PSASBR is Jak wasn't in it. I know all his moves names, gun names, melee names. Basically everything about jak. You just made me look even more forward to expecting him and you also inspired other ppl, great job. Its about time we here some more abot Jak. He is a very underrated character.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 17 of 24 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Huh, I live right near MoA, guess I'll be headin' over there later....

Message 18 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
863 posts

Sep 13, 2012
This almost makes me want to go into a gamestop
Message 19 of 24 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7448 posts

Sep 13, 2012

Your so lucky! My Gamestop only has demos for games once they get released Smiley Sad

Signature.png

Message 20 of 24 (105 Views)
0 Likes