Nov 08 2012
By: S-o-h-a-i-l Treasure Hunter 5661 posts

PlayStation All-Stars Has “Hundreds of Hours of Content”

28 replies 826 views Edited Nov 8, 2012
PlayStation All-Stars is under two weeks away from hitting PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, and news surrounding the game keeps on emerging. Hopefully, you already caught our reveal of the game’s final boss, and watched the game’s introduction video below. But there’s even more information worth taking note of.
Over at the PlayStation Blog, Sony Santa Monica’s Seth Killian has confirmed that the game has gone gold, but he also has some interesting things to say in the comments section of the Blog.
IGN already confirmed All-Stars DLC, but Killian has more to say on the matter. For starters, Killian says to “Stay tuned” for DLC information, noting that he SuperBot Entertainment “may have some happy news in the near future…” He also confirms that hypothetical DLC characters “would have all the features that the launch-day cast would have,” such as their own stories in the game’s single-player mode.
But perhaps most interestingly, Killian has great news for those looking for a deep experience with All-Stars. When pressed about single-player content in particular, Killian said that “Beyond arcade mode with intros, endings, and rival cut-scenes for every character and all the multiplayer stuff, All-Stars has tons of interesting challenges and trials (both overall trials and character-specific stuff). Certainly it’s hundreds of hours of content there, and a very extensive set of unlocks, from titles, to taunts, to character-specific intro and outro moves, musical themes, badgets, etc.”
In other words, it looks like All-Stars has a whole lot of content within.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/08/playstation-all-stars-has-hundreds-of-hours-of-content
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (826 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: PlayStation All-Stars Has “Hundreds of Hours of Content”

Nov 8, 2012
Looks like DLC characters will have unlockables, challenges, rivals and their own arcade mode !
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (812 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 8, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Looks like DLC characters will have unlockables, challenges, rivals and their own arcade mode !

Makes me a little worried about DLC prices :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (793 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1516 posts

Nov 8, 2012
but is it content thats actually worth trying to unlock? That is the question

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 8, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

i knew it!

yes!

awesome!!!!!

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Nov 8, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

So that means that you won't be able to buy one character at a time as well right? Because If you buy someone like "Crash" who would be his rival? So maybe they will sell them in 4 character bundles or something?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (773 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Haha that's what sprung to my mind too, however I've got an even more interesting thought - this confirms that characters have been in work for a long time, meaning...
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (757 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 8, 2012
^or maybe packs of 2
Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (752 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 8, 2012
I don't want to speculate too much - but I'm assuming its safe to say some of the highly requested characters are sure to be in. If its DLC that would mean its either relatively new characters (meaning they began work at a later stage after seeing its popularity), or it's characters who belong to devs who'd negotiate profits a lot more harshly. In my opinion - Conner and Kat fit the former perfectly & Crash and to a lesser extent Snake (although Cloud would make sense too) fit the latter. Then again, it could be anyone/anything - I'm just estatic about the news, it's exciting to have some nice new info from a game that's seemingly been quite for so long.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 8, 2012
By 'if its DLC' I was expanding on my previous comment on how this meant the DLC characters have been in development for a long time.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (713 Views)
0 Likes