Survivor
2494 posts

Re: PlayStation All-Stars Bosses

Jul 28, 2012

mr_giggles454 wrote:

CountMario wrote:

mr_giggles454 wrote:

Well, seeing how popular inFamous is, I'm sure we'll see Kessler or the Beast wrapped up in there. What if they don't have a Story Mode?

^Well, the Arcade Mode will have some story for each character, telling them why they're in the PlayStation All-Stars universe. Then, they fight some random people, a rival, and then a final boss with cutscenes along the story. We don't really know if there will be multiple bosses in the game sadly...

Thanks for the info.

By the way, here's one example of a rival cutscene with Heihachi and Toro for your convenience. from SuperBot's YouTube channel. Keep in mind though that this is not the finished product of the cutscene though. It's only a prototype.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 21 of 70 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 28, 2012

albedo2.png

Albedo from the Xenosaga franchise. I know, I know. Xenosaga? What's that? It's not confirmed hur dur. A man can dream.

Anyways he's by far one of the hardest final bosses I've ever come across in a jrpg. Not to mention his lines during the battle were fantastic. My favorite being.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!"

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 22 of 70 (183 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Negimafan wrote:

That bird looks pretty fun to fight.

How about the Leviathan from Resistance? That thing showed up in tons of R2 trailers, so it's arguable one of the most iconic Chimera ever.

Just from watching the battles on YouTube, I get the feeling Zeus would make an epic fight, assuming he's not made playable in a future sequel or as DLC. The just does tons of stuff that would work great for a fighting game.

Dang, the Leviathan looks like an awesome boss! I totally wouldn't mind seeing that.

Message 23 of 70 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

albedo2.png

Albedo from the Xenosaga franchise. I know, I know. Xenosaga? What's that? It's not confirmed hur dur. A man can dream.

Anyways he's by far one of the hardest final bosses I've ever come across in a jrpg. Not to mention his lines during the battle were fantastic. My favorite being.

I'm always glad to see a little JRPG love here! I'll admit that I haven't played the franchise before, but I have heard about it (Even before seeing you Xenosaga love on this forum). What abilities would he have?

Message 24 of 70 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 28, 2012

CountMario wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

albedo2.png

I'm always glad to see a little JRPG love here! I'll admit that I haven't played the franchise before, but I have heard about it (Even before seeing you Xenosaga love on this forum). What abilities would he have?

I can't remember by heart. It's been quite some time since I've played the game. But he's pretty much a mixture of physical attacks with some ummmm what was it. I want to say something related to space? I don't know. I do know however that after you think you win, he goes into his Mech and pretty much makes you cry. He makes you earn the win. And the best part, as evil as he is he isn't all that bad. He redeems himself in the third game.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 25 of 70 (167 Views)
Survivor
2383 posts

Jul 28, 2012

CountMario wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:

CountMario wrote:
Okay guys, I appreciate all of the Sly Cooper love here, I really do! But lets here some more ideas here! I would really like to hear some from you guys.

what about mine for dr nefarious (from ratchet and clank), revolver ocelot (from MGS), and calypso (from twisted metal)

theres also erol (from jak and daxter)

Awesome! Now just show me some ideas of what they could do, maybe list some of their abilities, post some images, anything! Feel free to experiment here.

ocelot.jpgocelot would be more of an avoidance boss  he shoots bullets that bounce around the screen and can kill you instantly  then he takes control of turrets placed around the stage and has them lock on to your character and sometimes he might run up to you and start meleeing you (all of his melee hits will stun) after a while of staying away from his attacks hell start doing all three at the same time your characters meter bulds up the longer you can stay unharmed and you win when you hit him with a level 3

well hows that

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 26 of 70 (158 Views)
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Jul 28, 2012

We need a Dark Maker to rampage all over the place.

LOL

Message 27 of 70 (157 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 28, 2012

dragonfire111 wrote:

CountMario wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:

CountMario wrote:
Okay guys, I appreciate all of the Sly Cooper love here, I really do! But lets here some more ideas here! I would really like to hear some from you guys.

what about mine for dr nefarious (from ratchet and clank), revolver ocelot (from MGS), and calypso (from twisted metal)

theres also erol (from jak and daxter)

Awesome! Now just show me some ideas of what they could do, maybe list some of their abilities, post some images, anything! Feel free to experiment here.

ocelot.jpgocelot would be more of an avoidance boss  he shoots bullets that bounce around the screen and can kill you instantly  then he takes control of turrets placed around the stage and has them lock on to your character and sometimes he might run up to you and start meleeing you (all of his melee hits will stun) after a while of staying away from his attacks hell start doing all three at the same time your characters meter bulds up the longer you can stay unharmed and you win when you hit him with a level 3

well hows that

Perfect. I'd love me some Ocelot as I love MGS with all my heart and you came up with some pretty great moves!

Message 28 of 70 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 28, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

We need a Dark Maker to rampage all over the place.

LOL

YES! We definitely need one. Perhaps the weakness could be attacking the legs and hitting Cyber Errol at the top while he commands the vessel?

Message 29 of 70 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Chaosdreams wrote:

CountMario wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

albedo2.png

I can't remember by heart. It's been quite some time since I've played the game. But he's pretty much a mixture of physical attacks with some ummmm what was it. I want to say something related to space? I don't know. I do know however that after you think you win, he goes into his Mech and pretty much makes you cry. He makes you earn the win. And the best part, as evil as he is he isn't all that bad. He redeems himself in the third game.

That's alright! It sounds like he'd be a really good boss! Not to mention that I do like redeemed RPG characters, a lot. It sort of makes my heart tingle inside. And I've had my fair share of RPG bosses that have driven me to the point of insanity.

Message 30 of 70 (139 Views)
0 Likes