Jan 09 2013
By: Strider_Doom Superbot Developer 46 posts

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for Evolution 2013!

24 replies 2505 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

I know a few other forum members have posted about this already, but wanted to make a thread of my own too!

Evolution is the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, attracting thousands of competitors from around the world to compete for glory and honor! And money! EVO attracts the highest level of skill for the games it includes and is known for breeding CHAMPIONS, both of which I feel are relevant to PASBR. I personally have been going to EVO for the past 12 years now, only missing two.

This year, they're allowing the public to vote on the 8th game to be included at EVO, which includes PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Votes come in the form of donations to support breast cancer research, and the game that accrues the most donations will be included! You can donate by going to this page:

https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-psas

On a personal note, I recently had a friend of mine diagnosed with stomach cancer 2 months ago. I've never had anyone close to me be diagnosed before, so it was new to me. She's lucky that the growth was found early (apparently women have double the risk of getting stomach cancer than men) and was able to have a successful surgery. She's not allowed to eat anything greasy for awhile but she's ok! In any case, it's a really strange feeling to think that someone you know might permanently not be around in the near future. Any contribution to this goes a long way, so I'd highly encourage donating, even if it's not for PASBR. 

You can learn more about EVO at www.shoryuken.com

Thank you m(_ _)m

Clock

Message 1 of 25 (2,505 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for Evolution 2013!

Jan 9, 2013

I shall donate when I get paid this Friday, plus I wouldn't mind watching All-Stars at EVO hopefully seeing some hype moments as well.

Message 2 of 25 (2,488 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I didnt know the donations went to cancer, I think I'll vote now Smiley Very Happy Plus PSASBR deserves to be at EVO.
Message 3 of 25 (2,448 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 9, 2013
I had a colleague diagnosed with stomach cancer, the growth was 'the size of a football' as she put it. Just glad they found it early on, as an oncologist, I know how serious and emotionally jarring cancer can be, so I'll be happy to donate for the cause alone. Glad there is continued support to the cause.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 25 (2,403 Views)
Fender Bender
4351 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Please check your PM. It's in the right corner. Red mail = PMs. Oh, I hope I serve you by bumping. Smiley Happy
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 5 of 25 (2,312 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jan 10, 2013

I don't think we'll be able to win against bronies...

Message 6 of 25 (2,250 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 10, 2013

ZombieScientist wrote:

What does that have to do with anything?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 7 of 25 (2,239 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

ZombieScientist wrote:

Well, the game doesn't have a finished build yet, and there's no guarantee the developers will finish in time for the competition, so it could get disqualified.

Of course that would be a mess for the organizers.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 8 of 25 (2,234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4351 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

ZombieScientist wrote:

Well, the game doesn't have a finished build yet, and there's no guarantee the developers will finish in time for the competition, so it could get disqualified.

Of course that would be a mess for the organizers.

This. Some bronies, including me, admitted the MLP game could hurt other games and EVO. Come on! Donate your money and show what you can be made of! 

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 25 (2,190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Hey, clock. There have been a few key people in my life that I knew who had cancer.

Both are still very much alive. I just hug them extra hard when I meet them and try to make them feel as normal as possible. 

Also, I hope this game makes it in. You guys deserve it!

Message 10 of 25 (2,105 Views)
0 Likes