I agree with what you say. I just really like the idea of characters being able to attack others its a good idea. So lets scrap the cooldown meter and make a revised moveset. Lets work on this a lil bit and send it to the people who originally thought of PS karting so we can have a project ready.
I think every racer could have unlockable karts based on their games, and one "special" attack each alá Twisted Metal (it can be switched as well). Unlockable racers would be welcome
just make a mario kart rip-off, the here goes youre profit (and it need to have coop grand-prix, this is where its fun, with friend at home)
Other: Kratos, Parappa, Heihachi & Sly
English is not my main language, so im sorry about my mistakes.
Insert regular karting game here
1. Pickup weapons are items from all stars
2. Characters gain AP via drifting, drafting, item hits
3. Each kart has 3 supers.
4. Kratos kart has 2x speed all the time, he can also gain ground by chain grabing other cars out of the track and taking their place.
5. Raiden can just teleport to the finish line.
6. The Zeus kart while slow has infinite Boost.
With PlayStation having MNR and LBPK, I doubt they will be signing off on another karting game. Mario Kart is a mascot karting game that works because everyone in the game is cartoony. I just can't see the God of War taking time out of his day to ride go-karts.