Apr 13 2013
By: B00M-get-0wned12 Uncharted Territory 1418 posts

Play station Karting Royale! (Credit to the people who came up with the idea)

20 replies 241 views Edited Apr 13, 2013

After seeing some threads about karting royale I thought about what each character would do and I came up with a good conclusion! Each character is going to have a normal and special attack so you can attack karters who are in the lead! But when using these attacks they have a cool down meter so no spamming.

Kratos normal attack= Kratos uses his pegasus to bash into opposing karters. You can chose the direction you bash into. 10 sec cooldown.

Kratos special attack= Kratos spins the blades of athena in a 360 angle. 20 Sec cooldown

Cole normal attack= Cole can throw a sticky grenade at a karter a sticky grenade can hit multiple people if the karter moves into other players. This move can be aimed 10sec cooldown.

Cole special attack= Cole makes a line of iceburgs similar to what his LV2. 50sec cooldown.

If you have any ideas for moves for each character please type them in. And to the people who thought of PS karting I am not stealing your idea but expanding it.

Message 1 of 21 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Re: Play station Karting Royale! (Credit to the people who came up with the idea)

Apr 13, 2013
well here's the deal with a karting game. it should still stay very traditional. this cooldown attack idea isnt bad its just not ideal to how a karting game should run imo. now characters should be able to perform a special attack i agree, but it should probably be something either earned through a possible meter like in Battle Royale through side sweeps or item usage, or given to them by an item like in Sonic All Stars Racing. that said each character has a lot of possibilities for a special.

Jak could go Dark Jak and fly forward down the track hitting those he passes
Spike could gain a speed boost while throwing banana peels on the track
thats all i got for now
Message 2 of 21 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Re: Play station Karting Royale! (Credit to the people who came up with the idea)

Apr 13, 2013

I aint to sure on how characters would get their attacks. I like the idea on the cooldown attacks and this aint supposed to be traditional just like PSABR itself. It is a uniqe choice and I would love to get in on this karting idea.

Message 3 of 21 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

i'd also like a PSAS Karting, but there are severe balance issues with a cooldown attack-system like this and would most likely render certain racers to be impractical if not down right useless. simply having standard racers, with predetermined stats with no extra gimicks besides these special is the better way to go. items really are the best way to do attacks, that and side swipes but that's really depends on what type of vehicles they drive really.

Message 4 of 21 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Best way to balance the cooldown system is to have everyone have the same cooldown time.

Message 5 of 21 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Apr 13, 2013
all im saying is that its incredibly impractical and would still be unbalanced because not every character can do the same thing. for example, you're Kratos' special only effect the radius of his car, meanwhile Cole's would fire backwords (I assume) only effecting the cars behind him. in a racing scenario that would make Kratos the ideal character because he can attack just by ramming into the opponents while Cole would need to gain some sort of lead in order to have a useful special at all. but that's just going by your examples. again, im just saying that the best way to attack is with items as that means no player would have any immediate advantages just based on what racer they chose.
Message 6 of 21 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Coles special goes backwords so in case he is first he can stay in the leauge his normal is a very good one aswell as he can tag a karter and if that karter acidentaly goes to someone else then they both get hit. Kratos's special is used for crowd controll but using it recklessly gets you nowhere.

Message 7 of 21 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Apr 13, 2013
So let's say Kratos gets to the end of the pack. he's essentially out of the race. as neither of his attacks give any sort of boost, or attack forward cars.
Message 8 of 21 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Kratos's normal attacks is like a dash and since it can be aimed you can use it to give yourself a boost.

Message 9 of 21 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Apr 13, 2013
see you're just trying to hard to make it work though. not all characters could work like that. and like i said if we made a full roster with this idea implemented, some characters are going to b OP as hell
Message 10 of 21 (157 Views)
0 Likes