Aug 30 2012
By: Thirty3Three Treasure Hunter 5693 posts

Picky about graphics...

39 replies 437 views Edited Aug 30, 2012

Why do people say this game is 'toned down' or ' using the graphics at the vita's complicity, limiting the ps3 one?

You realize this game was getting graphical praise before they'd shown that it was on Vita as well...

I think the graphics are amazing. I just think you all are not really understanding graphics? Maybe?

Anyone agree? I think the graphics are great. PS3-standards even. There are ps3 games that looked far worse. I just think you who are saying it's only going at the Vita's graphics copacity are bing picky, really. It looks very ps3-esque.

Have you seen the game "Soul Sacrifice"? Look 100% like any other ps3 game. - with that note, you cannot say it's being limited on the ps3, please don't whine about that, thanks =)

Sorry for the harshness, I'm just getting VERY tired of people assuming this. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 1 of 40 (437 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Re: Picky about graphics...

Aug 30, 2012
Another example is Wipeout 2048. Beautiful game.
Message 2 of 40 (427 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Aug 30, 2012

It could have looked like a PS1 game and I'd be fine with it. I just want the game

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 3 of 40 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Aug 30, 2012

CircleBoi6 wrote:
Another example is Wipeout 2048. Beautiful game.

Sure is! =) 
JUST like the ps3 one!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 4 of 40 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Aug 30, 2012
I have the beta and played it on a big screen at Fan Expo. Game looks beautiful
Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 5 of 40 (413 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Of what I've seen it doesn't look outstanding but it's not ugly. It's hard to explain how I feel about it Smiley Tongue

I didn't want uber-realism and detail to push the capabilities of the PS3 like a small minority wanted. However I feel a few graphical touches could be added to some characters. I'm going to use Sly seeing as I think the detail on his model is probably the worst, again it's not bad it could just be sharpened up. Then you look at Radec and realise how much potential each character has to look as good as their game counterparts.
The stages though, look beautiful. I cannot deny how pretty the stages are. Sandover Village gives me that nostalgic feeling of playing the original J&D game while Alden's Tower is simply stunning visually.
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 6 of 40 (395 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Aug 30, 2012

Real_Radec13 wrote:
I have the beta and played it on a big screen at Fan Expo. Game looks beautiful

Doesn't it??! Goodness, many people are picky; I'm glad to see you're not one of them =)

Message 7 of 40 (392 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2012

Sly's model is purposely toned down to match the style of his games. I personally like it, makes Sly feel more ~true. All in all I think the game looks beautiful, I don't really understand the complaints.

Message 8 of 40 (373 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Aug 30, 2012

It looks great to me so far. People also need to remember that the game is not finished yet. All of the time there is new changes to make things look different like the new AP meters and the new match end screen.

Message 9 of 40 (361 Views)
Sackboy
489 posts

Aug 30, 2012

I think it looks fantastic. 

They're not striving for uber-realism. Cartoony isn't the correct word but they're trying to make a beautiful rendering of the essence of each character. Don't know if that makes sense...but the game looks great.

Also, you'll love it once you see it in person. It runs at 60 fps and it's supa-smooth

Message 10 of 40 (359 Views)
0 Likes